• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite RPG video game? (Not pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Hmm, I have quite a bit, and I'm surprised no ones brought it up, but definitely gonna put Mass Effect on the top of my list. It's a great rpg, and though some argue it's a shooter, it most definitely is not. After that would probably be.....

Mass Effect
    KoToR 1&2
    Kingdom Hearts 1&2
    Final Fantasy Series
    Zelda (Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask)

Those are just some of my top ones, but I play most rpgs. I would of brought up Fall Out 3 and Oblivion, but I haven't played either enough to give a definite stand point and I would feel somewhat betraying.

Years
  • Quite a few...

-Final Fantasy X
    -Persona 3 & 4
    -Chrono Trigger
    -Earthbound
    -RPG Maker 3(LOL)
    -Secret Of Mana
    -FF4-6
    -Paper Mario
    -Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time(Every copy I bought broke....T_T)
    -Others

That's just a few. And might I add, P3 & 4 are the best of that list to me.
    FFX was still mighty awesome, though. And Star Ocean is pwnage.

I'd put KH and Mass Effect up there, but that's a given for me anyway. XD

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Mother 3, the Japan only Earthbound sequel.it has an excellent Story, great gameplay, and some of the best music you can ever find on the GBA. 10/10

as2

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2009
    Super Mario RPG, The Elder Scrolls Series, and Final Fantasy Tatics

:)

Chiku Hamasaki

-う ち は オ ビ ト-
    Years
  • Ahbah, perhaps Paper Mario ..as in, just the first one. :/ The Kingdom Hearts series, and Most of the Zelda games. The ones for the ds's i couldn't really handle, so gahh.. But wait, isn't Star Fox considered a RPG too? I'm only asking because my cousins tell me otherwise. but they lie to me a lot soo ...

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Final Fantasy VIII! <3 Every time I say that FFVIII is my favourite game, people look at me funny. "But the junction system is horrible!" "Draw points? Pshhh."

I will admit, the gameplay wasn't nearly as good as other FF titles (my personal favourites were the Materia system from FFVII and the Sphere Grid system from FFX). However, I thought the characters and the storyline in FF8 were amazing. I'm not normally into the whole "love" story thing (and I did gag a little at some of the Squall x Rinoa parts), but... I don't know, I just really, really liked the storyline in this game.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Probably the Kingdom Hearts series. I just love the characters, the settings, the music, everything about the games/fandom. <3

As far as a single game overall goes, I'm... probably going to have to go with Final Fantasy X. I don't know, I just love that game to pieces <3 The characters, the setting, the music, the gameplay, just... all of it

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Let's think...

Shining Force II (I played this through when I was smaller, still good game)
    Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (Played through two times, good game)
    Paper Mario (I like this one, I have to buy Super Paper Mario)
    Final Fantasy 1 and Tactics Advance (Best FF games that I have played)
    The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Minish Cap (Best LoZ games that I have played, both are awesome!)
    Kingdom Hearts CoM and 358/2 Days (Too easy games but really good games)

There's more but I think these are best.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • My favorite RPG game is an Action RPG
    Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix is my favorite.
    But overall the Kingdom Hearts series is my favorite out of all the RPG Series, and video games.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Im a HUGE fan of the Breath of Fire series, especially BOF2
    so thats my favorite :'D

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    soul nomad the game had an awesome storyline gig was flat at out funny the attacks were cool trying to get all endings was fun and the evil story was the best that an shining force exa which had much better gameplay

PokéSprites

PokéSprites Krazy!
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    not many people agree with me but Fallout trilogy (new coming out soon is immense also i agree Final Fantasy is Uber Cool!!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I know two of you are new, so I won't be a complete jerk, but this thread is over a month old and well over the revival limits. Check the thread dates to make sure you aren't reviving a dead thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back