• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
Years
  • watched? dbz.
    watched knowing it was "anime"? Samurai champloo
    watched subbed? Cant quite recall, think it was either fma or naruto.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    The first anime I've ever watched was Pokémon when I was a kid. XD; The first manga I've ever read was InuYasha, and I hated it, haha. I don't watch anime or read manga anymore but I still remember what my firsts were.

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    watched? DBZ
    watched knowing it was "anime"? Bleach
    watched subbed? Bleach

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    watched: dragon ball
    watched knowing it was anime: trigun
    watched subbed: bleach

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • Watched? Don't remember
    Regularly: Pokemon, but I pretty much dropped it after Indigo.
    Knowing it was anime: Digimon Adventure
    Subbed: Digimon Savers
    Completed: none so far.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    Well, the first animé I watched was Pokemon Advanced Battle, the series that got me into Pokemon.

Otherwise, it as Digimon Adventure.

Then it was Yu-Gi-Oh.

Then it was Cardcaptors.

Then it was Beyblade V Force.

Most recently, my fave animé, Negima.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    watched?
    I want to say Pokemon, But I feel like it was Sailor Moon, or Kiki's Delivery Service actually
    watched knowing it was "anime"?
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    watched subbed?
    Tokyo Mew Mew

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
    Years
  • Watched:
    Cardcaptor Sakura or Sailor Moon. I can't remember which one I saw first, but I'm leaning towards Sailor Moon.

Watched knowing it was "anime"?:
    Yugioh (Original Series)

Watched Subbed?:
    Again, Sailor Moon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    Anime watched: Pokémon

Watched knowing it was "anime"?
    I didn't care what it was, as long as it was fun to watch. Anime is so overrated.

Watched subbed
    Bleach (the english voices are soooo annoying, hower the japanese female voices aren't better v_v)

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    The first anime I watched was Card Captor Sakura, I've knew that it was an anime ever since I started watching this show, well my friend told me so. XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • What was the first anime you ever...

watched?
    That takes me back quite some years now. I can't recall if Sailor Moon came first or if Pokémon came first for me. I definitely remember watching those two shows early as a kid though; like around five or six years old. Not too long after came shows like Digimon, Cardcaptors, and so on.

I didn't even know what anime was until my freshman year at high school. Before then, I always categorized them as cartoons. ):

watched subbed?
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I started watching this in the middle of 2009, and when the second season came out, I began watching that subbed since it wasn't out in English yet.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 4, 2017
    watched?
    first anime ever watched? Probally Cowboy bebop (when I was like 6)
    Negima! Magister negi magi.
    watched subbed?
    all anime from the point I seen negima onwards, the dub just didn't suit it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    The First anime I.....
    watched?
    Pokemon, Monster Ranchers, and The Original Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Beyblade, Digimon (Tamers), and Shinzo

watched subbed?
    Yu-Gi-Oh the movie

Last edited:

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
    • watched? Probably pokemon or Digimon.
    • watched knowing it was "anime"? I think it was Dragonball Z. I had been watching it for a long time but I had never knew it was anime.
    • watched subbed? Never have. I was a huge manga and anime nerd in 6th grade and then after that never really cared for it again. I never watched subbed ones because I like not having to read. I think the english dubs are usually fine expect for Naruto (manga was better anyways).

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • watched? Future Boy Conan, lol. It's a really old anime series by Hayao Miyazaki. I actually think it might be one of the first he ever directed/worked on.
    watched knowing it was "anime"? Hikaru no go!! Loved that anime so much, my dad and I started playing Go together for a few years after that and we actually went to a few tournaments... I won a few games too :3 :3
    watched subbed? I've always preferred subbed.. The real question should be "watched dubbed" because it was a while... and it was Kaleido Star. Nuff' Said. ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2016
    • watched?- Either Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball, they were on together in syndication.
    • watched knowing it was "anime"?- I think it was Fist of the North Star or Akira.
    • watched subbed?- I want to say Dragon Ball Z because they kept stopping and starting over in the dub and I was curious what I was missing.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    watch) Dragonball Z Kai
    watched knowing it was anime) Negima
    subbed) Negima

manga) School Rumble... those where the days...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back