• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Pokemon Card?

BJ088

It's been so long!
Years
  • Well I may as well post my first card that I received since I started collecting again 3 weeks ago....

Gengar

TheNameLess

Unknown Trainer
    Years
  • A machop, and a ground energy.

kids today: what a ground energy?

yeah no shiny things or whatever just a card with a weird stamp on it:").

These days I don't even know the pokemon let alone the 1000 different positions let alone the 1000 different types (ex,shiny whatever) just plain cards with an pokemon in it that was genius.

(although I only played the duelling thingy by computer)

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • A Pikachu from the first series of cards. o: I got given it randomly, and became the most popular kid on the playground for about 10 minutes, until I traded it for a Seel and a Growlithe. XD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oh man.. xD;

I find it hard to believe that I actually remember my first card. Then again, I also remember my best friends first Pokemon card, because she got it in a pretty original way. o_O

Mine was that MewTwo promo card that they gave you along with your ticket to the first Pokemon movie back in 1999. Yeah, I never bothered getting any of the cards until then. I still have that card, too.

As for my friend, there were capsules with individual Pokemon cards in them in a claw machine at a mall. This was slightly before the first movie released.. and she managed to grab one of them. It turned out to only be a Poliwag, but she still thought it was awesome at the time. xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Honest to gosh, a holo Charizard. The infamous one lol. That's the first one I remember getting.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'm pretty sure it was the card included with the first Pokemon movie, most likely Mewtwo I think.

Yeah, I have a feeling it was Mewtwo, and even if the movie did not contain it I recall getting Mewtwo before I decided to get more cards.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    I bought a couple off a friend. In the set there was a charmelon for sure, that's all I know.

I went on a like 5+ year hiatus from getting Pokemon cards, so now that I'm back I went to go buy a pack. First card I look at when I opened a pack was Mudkip T__T No Lie....

My friend just had to tell me that I like mudkips

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Your First Pokemon Card?

The card that started it all. It was my favorite Pokemon as opposed to everyone loving Pikachu. Lots of love for this little one<3

Back