• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

your first pokemon game

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Ruby version, and to think I asked my mom for Hamtaro...she must have gotten them confused! :D

Years
    I got the games in this order:

1. Blue
    2. Red
    3. Yellow
    4. Silver
    5. gold
    6. crystal
    7. Saphire (turns out it was fake), made me lose interest
    8. Fire red (turns out it was fake)
    then I lost interest for a while, got some extra money and bought a new game 4 years later
    1. Diamond
    2. Platium
    3. Soul silver
    4. Heart gold
    5. Emerald

Years
    My first was Fire Red, and i loved it :)
    But then I played crystal, and I figured out how everything else is lame XD
    perfect game, story, day/night mechanics, special balls, and a BATTLE WITH RED XD
    crystal rules :D

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Pokemon Red. *goes into nostalgia mode* I still have it. I have my original play-through, I was only 8 years old... but my team kicks butt! Charizard, Scyther, Haunter, Alakazam, Vaporeon, Raichu. <3 I'll never lose it or give it away. It's a momento of my love for Pokemon. :]

I remember the day my dad took me to get it, I also got my Lime Green Gameboy Color. It was the coolest thing ever, back then. xD

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
    Mine was Yellow version, the strange thing being I had no idea what pokemon was, had never seen the anime, or knew why the thunderstone I bought from the department store wouldnt work after 3milion tries(I even tried turning the game off, waiting literally years and then retrying just to confirm lol good times)
    Now that I think about it I didnt no it was pokemon until years later, when I picked the series backup at Fire Red and sensed something oddly familiar lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Pokemon Yellow was not only my first Pokemon game but my first video game. I knew all about Pokemon by then - my friends would bring in the trading cards, their game boys on last day etc, the anime was broadcast every Saturday and Sunday morning on CITV, but it was actually about a year after the beginning of Pokemon on UK shores that I got Yellow (alongside a then-brand new Game Boy Color... which I still have locked in one of my drawers along with my GBA). Yellow is also the only Game Boy game (discounting the two GBA Pokemon games I have) I still have, having given Silver and Gold to my sisters (both ran out of battery power not long after I gave them to my sisters :laugh:) along with Blue.

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
    My first game was Blue, and I got it as a Christmas gift. I had a Bulbasaur as my starter, and leveled it up to a Level 100 Venusaur with crap moves (I know it had Cut...). I also had a legitimate Mew that was level 50-something. Don't really remember the others- possibly a Persian? Anyhow, after my parents had a get-together at our house, I discovered that the game had been saved over for one with a level 6 Charmander named something silly like Chubby.

Years
    Mine was Yellow, given to me by my cousin for my birthday. Surprisingly, I was pretty good 'cause I distinctly remember beating the game. I still pick it up once in awhile but my original file was erased long ago. Gold was my second game that, I believe, I bought for myself. However, I never realized there was the Kanto part to the story so after playing the main game, I just stopped. I was a stupid child back then. -_-

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Red, that was the game that started it all for me. 'Cuz I had bought and beaten Red I bought Blue, then Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, FireRed & Leafgreen, Diamond, Platinum, and Soulsilver. I still have Red Version, its not the original, but still :D

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    My first Pokemon game was Emerald. Even though I used to watch the Anime ever since I was around 3 years old, (lol) I was introduced to the games only in 2006. Then soon enough Pokemon D/P were released and yeah.. I became a Pokemon game addict. XD

Silmeria

Years
    Pokemon Red, waaaaay back in the day. My friend had Blue, and I thought Charizard looked cooler than Blastoise anyway. I've bought every single mainstream game except Gold (it cost a great deal of money when it was first released after all, and for some reason I never got around to it later...) to come out since then, and a large majority of the spinoffs.

72pokemonmaniac27

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    My first Pokemon game was Yellow :) When i was little my cousins got me into it the i begged my mom to get the game for me as well as the game boy color Pokemon addition XD

Years
    My first game was Yellow when I was 8ish.
    Gold, which I loved more than anything just because I had a Dragonite.
    Ruby, I always kicked my brother's butt when we link battled :D.
    Emerald, but I gave it away, it wasn't that...great to me.
    Pearl, but I sold it back to the store :p.
    Heart Gold, my favorite to date!!
    Platinum, :l.

My brother would always get the opposite game, and we battled to settle our arguments.
    :D.

Back