• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
  • So I encountered my first shiny earlier today.
    It was a shiny Nidoran female. Unfortunately, it was in a horde with Nidoran male so I had to knock out all of them first and then capture it.

After catching it, I nicknamed "Princess". I'm thinking of raising it for my final team against the Elite Four. I've never had a shiny Pokemon in my in-game team.

Years
  • I haven't gotten a shiny yet despite having 58 playing hours before even beating the league. However, seeing how I did beat it now, I'm currently soft reseting my way to a shiny Zygarde. There hasn't been any posted pic of the legendaries shiny(Except Xerneas), so I'm really hoping I get this one.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Friend Safari and Shiny

So, granted I played for a few hours today and do my EV training in the Friend Safaris, however, today I found TWO shinies in the friend safari (a Pyroar and a Pancham).

Has anyone else found that its easier to find shinies in the Safari?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So, granted I played for a few hours today and do my EV training in the Friend Safaris, however, today I found TWO shinies in the friend safari (a Pyroar and a Pancham).

Were you tipping a lot? {XD}
    You know like photgs, restaurants etc..

Years
  • Well I caught my first ever non scripted shiny yesterday in the friend safari, a golden Nosepass, not sure if the odds have changed, I hope not but meh if they have

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Just caught a shiny Foongus. It was part of a horde encounter in the Pokemon Village. I had to carefully kill off all the other Foongus then throw a Dusk Ball since I was at Lv70 and it was at Lv25. Caught it on the first try at full health though.

It had Effect Spore, so no hidden ability for this one.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Shiny Klefki in Friend Safari. I'm happy to get my second shiny after such a long time (first time being Whismur in Emerald), but Klefki is one of the stupidest Pokemon ever, even beating Vanilluxe.

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • So, granted I played for a few hours today and do my EV training in the Friend Safaris, however, today I found TWO shinies in the friend safari (a Pyroar and a Pancham).

My brother got 3 shiny Pokemon from there

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    are you more of a chance to find a shiny in the friend safari because a lot of people have been finding them in there

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    Finally got my first shiny! Murkrow. Not my fav pokemon but definitely ok

kzjm.jpg

Last edited:

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Caught a shiny emolga while searching for eevee on route 10! Redemption!!!! Also, my third shiny since i got the game... If the odds aren't getter ill eat my hat. Anyway, I will trade this Emolga for another shiny if anyone's interested :)

Vanish

Poof
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Shiny Klefki in Friend Safari. I'm happy to get my second shiny after such a long time (first time being Whismur in Emerald), but Klefki is one of the stupidest Pokemon ever, even beating Vanilluxe.

If I ever encountered a shiny Klefki, I would definitely contemplate whether or not I should kill it.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I know someone already posted a shiny Pumpkaboo, but I'm still geeking out. After ~40 hours of running around in the grass I got my shiny. I can finally go back to playing haha.

Years
  • Nothing here just yet but I have barely done anything. 230+ Fennekin SRs and 30 Masuda Eevee eggs. I can't wait to find my first XY shiny though :3

Years
  • Just caught another shiny guys :D This time it was a Hoppip in a horde! Not the best Pokemon like but meh I don't mind!
    Will post pics as soon as I get them onto the PC

Edit: Here are the pictures of both my shiny Pokemon :D
    (Sorry for sideways image)

xz65.jpg

zn70.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    If I ever encountered a shiny Klefki, I would definitely contemplate whether or not I should kill it.

What's worse is that one of my Friend Safari Pokemon IS Klefki -__- The other ones are alright, though (Skarmory and Magneton)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I just bred this little guy! :D Now I can finally achieve my dream of a shiny Espeon <3

Spoiler:

Also, this is my 3rd shiny now... I'm calling shenanigans. xD

Last edited:
    Back