• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    Just caught a shiny dwebble :D EDIT: Annnnd now I just caught a shiny Drifblim.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    Just caught a Shiny Riolu, Modest, and 31 iv's in special attack IN ONLY 46 RE, then only 5 minutes later caught a Shiny Teddiursa in only 2 RE! No chains here.
    :)

Years
  • Ugh. All this fish chaining business is such a slap in the face for shiny hunters. Most of us work hard and put hours into our shinies but that's just so dumbed down now, when you can find one easily within an hour with the pokeradar or fish chaining.
    Still searching for my first shiny...!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Ugh. All this fish chaining business is such a slap in the face for shiny hunters. Most of us work hard and put hours into our shinies but that's just so dumbed down now, when you can find one easily within an hour with the pokeradar or fish chaining.
    Still searching for my first shiny...!
    Yeah I honestly have mixed feelings about shinies in this generation. I wouldn't actually mind just having it be random encounter, and maybe Masuda.

That being said, I caught another shiny Foongus. I now have double of Horsea, Foongus, and Whismur, which is pretty ridiculous.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Yeah I honestly have mixed feelings about shinies in this generation. I wouldn't actually mind just having it be random encounter, and maybe Masuda.

That being said, I caught another shiny Foongus. I now have double of Horsea, Foongus, and Whismur, which is pretty ridiculous.

Just to point out, I have hatched eggs for several hours, fished for an hour, and used that radar for a couple of hours as well. I've even summoned dozens and dozens of hordes.

I still have seen zero shinies.

So I don't think it's unreasonable at all. :P

Years
  • I found a shiny trapinch by chance yesterday and I just screamed, cos even after years of playing pokemon I never even found a shiny once. I don't think my parents are happy I did that at 11 pm though xD

Years
  • I caught my second shiny last night! Akiko the Skrelp. :)

Spoiler:

I think my next step is to try chaining, although I find the Pokeradar in this game to be very finicky.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I'm getting increasingly sure the chances of finding a shiny are somewhat higher in the safari since I just found yet another:
    Spoiler:

a slightly better one this time at least.

Last edited:

blitzduck

Me back in '77
    Years
  • Allow me to copy my Facebook status from the other day, if I may...
    "Playing Pokemon, run into a swarm of Gravelers, one of them is shiny. One of them uses Earthquake (which hits all Pokemon), also super effective on itself. Annnnd, there you have it, the whole group got killed because of the only surviving Graveler, who WASN'T THE ****ING SHINY ONE GOD DAMMIT POKEMON WHAT THE HELL"

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I accidentally just knocked out a Shiny Chansey while grinding in the Friend Safari, because I hadn't been paying attention. ;___;

But I did catch a Shiny Kecleon at the beginning of the game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2014
    Ive Found 2 shinys now i got a shiny nidoking from my first shiny which was a nidoran in a horde battle and a shiny relicanth from doing the fish chaining method which i think works because i got a shiny relicanth within a half hour of chaining

Years
  • So I have never caught a Shinny poke before but I just got my first one! And it was a Pupitar! What are the odds? Such a cool and strong pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2014
    I got my first shiny today. And guess what, it was a horde of geodudes and there was one golden one :)

Last edited:

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • just got a shiny gyarados. my most awkward fish chain, it just didnt wanna appear. not the best nature, but its my first potential mega shiny

Back