• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
  • First was a shiny Klefki named Klefairy and I use him in competitive ranked battles on the Battlespot. He's racked me quite a few wins with T-Wave.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I forgot to post about my shiny Gastly after I hatched it yesterday.
    I was just IV breeding and bam there he was. :D

cXjCdP1.jpg

f02Wv8P.jpg

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Got not one but two shiny Claunchers while trying to get a shin Staryu (which I still haven't gotten yet I'll try some more later). One of them is kinda meh with a Sassy nature but I really like the second one I got. Modest with superior IV (31 w/ SpD). He'll be a blast to EV train and use I think!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    While exploring Routes 2 today, I managed to randomly trip over a shiny Pidgey. I caught it with just one Ultra Ball; there was no need to weaken it or anything. (: Last time I ran into a shiny Pokémon, I made a mistake by attacking it, which caused it to instantly faint. Didn't want to make the same mistake twice. The nature of this Pokémon is Adamant, which gives a boost to its base Attack stat. Since Pidgey's got a ton of physical-based moves in its arsenal, this nature fits it just perfectly. Also, its ability is Keen Eye, which makes sure that its accuracy don't get lowered. This ability may not be that great competitively, but in-game, though, it's quite useful! So far, I'm planning to teach it Brave Bird, U-Turn, Return, and Quick Attack. Brave Bird would be its main move; I'd be relying on it a lot to take down other Pokémon. U-Turn—it'd be there so that it could defeat a couple of dark-types, as well as escape out of its threats. With Return, it'd be able to cause some damage to those who are not too weak to either Brave Bird or U-Turn. Finally, with the aid of Quick Attack, Pidgeot would be able to knock out any Pokémon if they're left with little HP. I'm not exactly sure what item I'd make it hold, though… probably Choice Band. Either that, or I would give it Life Orb. d:

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • Stumbled across the most fabulous looking Murkrow some time last night and I found an equally splendidly dressed Floatzel less than two hours afterwards. I haven't had time to check their stats/natures/etc but I'm just happy to have caught them.

My current list of XY shinys
    Trapinch > Vibrava > Flygon
    Murkrow
    Floatzel

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
  • As successful as i've been in Gen VI with shinies,
    here is the list (PREPARE FOR A HUGE LIST!)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Larvitar.

nerazzurri

Guney
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    BW-PP8sCAAA69TA.jpg:large

I was trying to hatch a female Tyrunt for my friend, and suddenly one hatched shiny. It has a nice nature (brave) and I slaughtered the whole Kalos Region with him. Too bad I can't use him online since he doesn't have good EV's and/or IV's

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    For those who were wondering what does a shiny flabebe looks like...

Years
  • Totally freaking out right now. I traded with a new friend code this morning, and I decided to check out their friend safari, which turned out to be a steel type. Ran into a couple Klangs and caught one, and also found some Klefkis. I didn't want to leave their safari until I saw the third Pokemon. Well, I found it, and it sure did surprise me. ^_^

Meet Oberon the shiny Mawile!
    1103131021a.jpg

1103131022.jpg

I'm still in shock because I wasn't expecting it, and it took me a LONG time to catch him since I refused to do damage to him. I had to put him to sleep at least four times, though. I haven't gotten his stats checked yet, but I'm just happy to have found another one. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    Some Japanese guy wanted to trade with me and gave me a shiny Flabêbe for a Tyrunt. Not counting it as part of the shinies I've caught (All one of them, from White 2), but it'll be cool to keep around.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    Looking to trade my shiny machamp with someone. I've gotten bored having done practically everything in the game, so i want to restart but keep my shiny. For me it's always been one shiny per game, so i want to restart to hopefully reset my odds. Anyone willing to trade?

Id be happy to trade with you

Years
  • Got not one but two shiny Claunchers while trying to get a shin Staryu (which I still haven't gotten yet I'll try some more later). One of them is kinda meh with a Sassy nature but I really like the second one I got. Modest with superior IV (31 w/ SpD). He'll be a blast to EV train and use I think!
    I have a shiny Staryu that I won't be using if you want to trade? That's assuming that one of your shiny claunchers is a male? (I'm super picky about genders hahaha)

Last edited:

casualCasualty

Super High School Level Fairy
    Years
  • Over the past week I've become the proud owner of a shiny skrelp (now dragalge), carvanha and dratini. <3 This totals four shinies now ahhh the generation is great.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I have a shiny Staryu that I won't be using if you want to trade? That's assuming that one of your shiny claunchers is a male? (I'm super picky about genders hahaha)

Oh! It's okay. I found one a bit ago. Bold nature too! ♥

bSGMAHN.png
    wbbW0vy.jpg
    YcAEZkr.jpg

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ok now it seems like everyone is getting shinies but me! To be fair though I haven't been trying much, I should try using that Pokéradar or Chain Fishing.

7k.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Wow.

I just hatched a shiny Makuhita on the second egg. I wasn't even using the masuda method...I was just hatching a Makuhita for the pokedex and picked up some extra eggs for trading. First shiny I've ever hatched.

I stared at it like a dope for about 10 seconds when it hatched.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm so happy right now! Thrusday i caught an shiny remoriard(named Octogodapus) but that's not important, yesterday i starting hunting honedge. I did around 700(maybe 1000) encounters and around 300(maybe 400) encounters today and found a shiny honedge! I just caught it and named it soul hacker.

Back