• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    There is no reason to hate any of the new pokemon.

Right some of them make you WTF, and some are very garish with their looks or moveset or typings.
    But like 'the jewel of life' said. If they were introduced in gen I there'd be no complaints.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    There is no reason to hate any of the new pokemon.

Right some of them make you WTF, and some are very garish with their looks or moveset or typings.
    But like 'the jewel of life' said.[S-HIGHLIGHT] If they were introduced in gen I there'd be no complaints.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

I disagree... I still have soome complaints about Gen 1 designs. Jynx and Machamp having clothing... Psyduck not being a Psychic-Type, Mr Mime having the most unoriginal name ever

I am trying my hardest to like the Grabage PokePals, and it's starting to work but DO NOT try to convince me to like the mushrooms
    @The Jewel of Life... for you

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

The embodiments of Water Pollution (oil spills, sludge), Smog,and Garbage (landfills). When you made me think of them as a trio I appreciate them more.

Last edited:

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    Uhhh, no. The Garbage thing is disgusting and every time I see its pre-evo I wanna punt it. At least Muk was funny (especially Ash's) and Weezing is coolio, but all other pure pure Poison after that has been ultra-fail. Swalot is as unappealing as a Poison type can get, and Seviper was alright, but inferiorly designed compared to Arbok (which makes no sense since vipers are coolio snakes). And now we get the cream of the crap (lovely imagery right there) in the form of the garbage bag thing. Yuck!

No thanks, I'mma stick to the cool Poison like Arbok, Venomoth, Roserade, Skuntank, Pendora and Toxshroom plz. :D

Also, if anyone brings in the whole "If it were 1st gen plz..." thing I will lol at them. Get over yourself, the first generation of Pokemon was fail. Psychic types (my least favourites!) were running around the block ganging up on everything that was weak to it, every other damn Grass type not named Tangela or Exeggutor was part Poison, Bug Pokemon had no goddamn moves to speak of, and we had quite a few fail!designs including the Hitmons, Mr. Get-The-F-Out-My-Face-Before-I-Slap-You-So-Hard-Delia-Won't-Recognize-You (otherwise known as Mr. Mime), Kangaskhan, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Kabuto(ps) and Dragonite(*). Oh, and lol, Mewtwo. I almost forgot to mention it. I don't care for this thing's plight; he's horribly designed, ewww.

(*) Speaking of Dragonite, I love how the fools go about "OH WOE, OH WOE, MIJU MIJU IS NOT LIKE DAIKENKI. OUR WOTTER DOTH HATH EVOLVED INTO A GIANT AMAZON OTTER WHICH RUNS AND SWIMS ON ALL FOURS. SUCH AN ILLOGICAL EVOLUTION" all the while forgetting that Kanto has an epic blue weather-controlling dragon which turns into Barney with retarded wings and two antenna FOR NO GODDAMN REASON, and the most retarded ability on a Dragon type ever ("Wow! He can Inner Focus his way into victory! :D").

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Uhhh, no. The Garbage thing is disgusting and every time I see its pre-evo I wanna punt it. At least Muk was funny (especially Ash's) and Weezing is coolio, but all other pure pure Poison after that has been ultra-fail. Swalot is as unappealing as a Poison type can get, and Seviper was alright, but inferiorly designed compared to Arbok (which makes no sense since vipers are coolio snakes). And now we get the cream of the crap (lovely imagery right there) in the form of the garbage bag thing. Yuck!

No thanks, I'mma stick to the cool Poison like Arbok, Venomoth, Roserade, Skuntank, Pendora and Toxshroom plz. :D

Also, if anyone brings in the whole "If it were 1st gen plz..." thing I will lol at them. Get over yourself, the first generation of Pokemon was fail. Psychic types (my least favourites!) were running around the block ganging up on everything that was weak to it, every other damn Grass type not named Tangela or Exeggutor was part Poison, Bug Pokemon had no goddamn moves to speak of, and we had quite a few fail!designs including the Hitmons, Mr. Get-The-F-Out-My-Face-Before-I-Slap-You-So-Hard-Delia-Won't-Recognize-You (otherwise known as Mr. Mime), Kangaskhan, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Kabuto(ps) and Dragonite(*). Oh, and lol, Mewtwo. I almost forgot to mention it. I don't care for this thing's plight; he's horribly designed, ewww.

(*) Speaking of Dragonite, I love how the fools go about "OH WOE, OH WOE, MIJU MIJU IS NOT LIKE DAIKENKI. OUR WOTTER DOTH HATH EVOLVED INTO A GIANT AMAZON OTTER WHICH RUNS AND SWIMS ON ALL FOURS. SUCH AN ILLOGICAL EVOLUTION" all the while forgetting that Kanto has an epic blue weather-controlling dragon which turns into Barney with retarded wings and two antenna FOR NO GODDAMN REASON, and the most retarded ability on a Dragon type ever ("Wow! He can Inner Focus his way into victory! :D").

LOL.

Your good at debating. Poor Dragonite, usually so loved, and you called him Barney the Dinosaur with wings. But in Gen 1 i agree it had the most flaws of all the Gen's. But they were just getting the hang of making pokemon.

-Haza:-- I don't know about you but I would rather Jynx has clothes on...

As for the Garbage bag pokemon comparing to the Gen 1, 3, 4 poison types

Purple, Purple, Purple, Purple, Purple, Purple, Purple, GREEN!

What a hideous monster, I feel like chucking soap at it! It is green instead of purple! How dare it be green, it deserves to burn. What an insult to the poor poison types out there. I hope that hideous green creature dies miserably, in cleanliness!

Johto has the most fail pokemon, ONE FIRST TYPE POISON POKEMON. ONE!!

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I dunno why we should be upset that is not purple... I like unexpected changes. Besides, I've never seen a purple trash bag.

Detox

I do have to say I have grown accustomed to most of the b/w pokemon, but I STILL cannot get over this thing...

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015

What a hideous monster, I feel like chucking soap at it! It is green instead of purple! How dare it be green, it deserves to burn. What an insult to the poor poison types out there. I hope that hideous green creature dies miserably, in cleanliness!

Well it does have one advantage over the previous poison types. It looks like hazardous material.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I like it's design! I just can't stand his animation!

Well it does have one advantage over the previous poison types. It looks like hazardous material.

Well at least it doesn't look like it should be wearing a bra over it's head. -_-

Ya! I thought that too! It reminds me of that character from Little Nicky :D

Last edited:

Brandonius

Sprite Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2011
    It's just been bugging me how Tsutarja looks a lot like a big, upright Cyndaquil with open eyes and how there is not much of a difference between Mijumaru and Piplup's sprites. I'm not hating on the new 5th gen pokemon, I'm just saying that you could get rid of the blue on Piplup's head, turn it's mouth into a nose, add ears, a mouth and some spots and you've got something that resembles Mijumaru.

Thunder_Brew_07

Friend of All Pokemon
    Years
    I'm a big fan of a lot of the fifth generation Pokemon, I'm surprised how many of them I completely love. It helped a lot that I went into this generation with a completely open and accepting mind, it was a much better experience than the 4th generation. As for 5th gens that I'm not too crazy about...the final pigeon, the swan, and the female ghost/water Pokemon are probably my least favorite designs.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

(*) Speaking of Dragonite, I love how the fools go about "OH WOE, OH WOE, MIJU MIJU IS NOT LIKE DAIKENKI. OUR WOTTER DOTH HATH EVOLVED INTO A GIANT AMAZON OTTER WHICH RUNS AND SWIMS ON ALL FOURS. SUCH AN ILLOGICAL EVOLUTION" all the while forgetting that Kanto has an epic blue weather-controlling dragon which turns into Barney with retarded wings and two antenna FOR NO GODDAMN REASON, and the most retarded ability on a Dragon type ever
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]("Wow! He can Inner Focus his way into victory! [/S-HIGHLIGHT]:D").

Would you rather have him Run Away into victory instead? ;)

LOL.

Your good at debating. Poor Dragonite, usually so loved, and you called him
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]Barney the Dinosaur with wings[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. But in Gen 1 i agree it had the most flaws of all the Gen's. But they were just getting the hang of making pokemon.

-Haza:-- I don't know about you but I would rather Jynx has clothes on...

OK, the "Barney the dinosaur with wings" only applies with the shiny variant of Dragonite! The normal-coloration Dragonite is exempt from the argument! (and Dratini and Dragonair sort of looked odd; any additional attempt to force a Dragonair evo with a similar appearance/structure to the pre-evos would not come out nicely, I think...

I dunno why we should be upset that is not purple... I like unexpected changes. Besides, I've never seen a purple trash bag.

I agree! It's been getting tiring and sort of irritating that purple=Poison constantly for the majority of purple-colored Pokemon (for me, just looking at purple Pokemon gets me a bit queasy at times). This new garbage Pokemon is a nice twist on established themes. Instead of grass=green, it's like "WRONG! Green=Poison now, suckas!" :cer_laugh:

I agree...reminds me of that green plutonium Homer Simpson occasionally handles on The Simpsons in that power plant. As for the garbage Pokemon's actual design...eww. Looks like crap personified. All this time that I heard there was a new garbage Pokemon, I thought it was this cool Pokemon in a cool metallic garbage can, not just...trash incarnate. If you fused that garbage Pokemon and the motif of the Muppet Oscar the Grouch, then it would be a bit cooler. All that garbage Pokemon needs is a very cool-looking garbage can home in its sprite.

And, if any of you have read that Pokemon capture theory involving a Pokemon's cuteness factor in determining its ability to get converted into energy, with the example given being that Muk the sludge Pokemon is cuter than actual sludge? I think actual trash might be cuter than that...thing. JUST GET IT A COOL GARBAGE CAN ALREADY! :cer_cry:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

... I knew there was a reason I hated this thing.

Other than because it's ugly as hell, I mean. XD

I actually really like its looks. its Colours are a perfect match with each other.

As for Barney the Dinasaur, shiny Dragonite looks EXACTLY like it now that you posted an image of it fenyx4, and you are right with that if it lokked too much like Dragonair it would have failed epically.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I love the electric Lamprey besides two things;
    • Why is it not water at all?
    • Why does it have a stupid animation?

The lighting up of its patterns during the animations is very, very cool though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm a bit late for the poison discussion, but oh well, I'm commenting anyway.

I agree that the trash Pokemon does look worse compared to the other poison types, but I think what it stands for is more important. To me, it represents the suburban-ness of Isshu (being NYC) and how in big cities there's a lot of trash, so... it makes sense. The others, besides the snakes and Koffing doesn't make as much sense to me when first thinking about it. I think that the official Sugimori art (which we appear to still have not gotten) will look much better. Oh and its pre-evolution is actually kind of cute and I can't wait to see the art of that because... it's cute. XD;

As for the eel, lol, it has webbed feet? Oh God, that's just strange. Webbed feet makes me think of ducks and imagining an eel crossed with a duck isn't a very nice thought. I don't think I'll ever like that creature, unlike other ones which are growing on me.

Years
    I'm a bit late for the poison discussion, but oh well, I'm commenting anyway.

I agree that the trash Pokemon does look worse compared to the other poison types, but I think what it stands for is more important. To me, it represents the suburban-ness of Isshu (being NYC) and how in big cities there's a lot of trash, so... it makes sense. The others, besides the snakes and Koffing doesn't make as much sense to me when first thinking about it. I think that the official Sugimori art (which we appear to still have not gotten) will look much better. Oh and its pre-evolution is actually kind of cute and I can't wait to see the art of that because... it's cute. XD;

As for the eel, lol, it has webbed feet? Oh God, that's just strange. Webbed feet makes me think of ducks and imagining an eel crossed with a duck isn't a very nice thought. I don't think I'll ever like that creature, unlike other ones which are growing on me.

Exactly, It's one of the Pokemon that reflects on its respective region. Since Isshu is partially based on a dingy, big city, some of its pokemon will reflect upon that. Same situation as Wargle, in being an American bald eagle, except Wargle is pure win. xD I do sort of like garbagemon though, it's not bad at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2010
    I like them they are not my favorite bunch overall but they grow on me :) my faves are the pants lizard, fire moth, electric spider, dark dragon, and tsutaaja :)

my least favorites are probably gears and the garbage bags. and the icicle and snowflake :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back