• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    They look so bloody stupid, I'm telling you, There junk.

There junk? Where junk? Where is "there"? Here is here, and over there is... well, over there. But where is "there"? In a land far away called NYC, perhaps?

Forgive me, but I cannot help but question the intelligence of a person which obviously cannot argue anything beyond "Well, they're stupid, therefore they're junk, and I'm right because, well, I just am", despite the obvious fact that every gen after Kanto has been succesful and even if North America, Europe and Australia were to suddenly stop buying Pokemon, the fandom would still have a gigantic following in their native land (Tokyo & Kyoto alone have more people than [almost] all of Canada put together, and we're well over a dozen times their size). But fret not, I will be praying to Arceus and Cresselia tonight so that one day you may see the light, at the moment clouded by Darkrai's Bad Dreams. :C I hope you don't take this post as an offense or worse, as flaming, for you will only further prove my theory that your judgement is being clouded by the ill effects of Darkrai's Bad Dreams ability on people's brains. Don't worry, it happens to everyone.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    To the person who said Muk looked graceful for pollution, think of this:
    it looks like Jello when its shiny :cer_laugh:
    Muk is full of win, so it the 1st stage of the trash bag pokemon, the evolution not much of my forte.

There junk? Where junk? Where is "there"? Here is here, and over there is... well, over there. But where is "there"? In a land far away called NYC, perhaps?

Forgive me, but I cannot help but question the intelligence of a person which obviously cannot argue anything beyond "Well, they're stupid, therefore they're junk, and I'm right because, well, I just am", despite the obvious fact that every gen after Kanto has been succesful and even if North America, Europe and Australia were to suddenly stop buying Pokemon, the fandom would still have a gigantic following in their native land (Tokyo & Kyoto alone have more people than [almost] all of Canada put together, and we're well over a dozen times their size). But fret not, I will be praying to Arceus and Cresselia tonight so that one day you may see the light, at the moment clouded by Darkrai's Bad Dreams. :C I hope you don't take this post as an offense or worse, as flaming, for you will only further prove my theory that your judgement is being clouded by the ill effects of Darkrai's Bad Dreams ability on people's brains. Don't worry, it happens to everyone.

Here here! * applauds*

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm a bit late for the poison discussion, but oh well, I'm commenting anyway.

I agree that the trash Pokemon does look worse compared to the other poison types, but I think what it stands for is more important. To me, it represents the suburban-ness of Isshu (being NYC) and how in big cities there's a lot of trash, so... it makes sense. The others, besides the snakes and Koffing doesn't make as much sense to me when first thinking about it. I think that the official Sugimori art (which we appear to still have not gotten) will look much better. Oh and its pre-evolution is actually kind of cute and I can't wait to see the art of that because... it's cute. XD;

As for the eel, lol, it has webbed feet? Oh God, that's just strange. Webbed feet makes me think of ducks and imagining an eel crossed with a duck isn't a very nice thought. I don't think I'll ever like that creature, unlike other ones which are growing on me.
    I bet it will grow on you just like the second form of the new "Geodude" has for me :)
    I don't like the trash bag that much but it has grown on me...but still the best poison types ever are Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Seviper and Swalot design wise

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    I'll just stick to liking Reshiram and Zekrom as I'm stil getting to know all of the others.

The garbage-looking thing is okay in my opinion, if I'm not going to be using it then it's all good.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Wow, way to confuse me, DF. XD;;
    Exactly, It's one of the Pokemon that reflects on its respective region. Since Isshu is partially based on a dingy, big city, some of its pokemon will reflect upon that. Same situation as Wargle, in being an American bald eagle, except Wargle is pure win. xD I do sort of like garbagemon though, it's not bad at all.
    Yup, that's why all these strange ew Pokemon shouldn't really be judged badly. Even the ice cream (which I don't see how others don't love) represents Isshu, which makes it awesome~

I bet it will grow on you just like the second form of the new "Geodude" has for me :)
    I don't like the trash bag that much but it has grown on me...but still the best poison types ever are Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Seviper and Swalot design wise

Oh, I dislike the second form of Gigiasu adorable, so that makes up for it.

Years
    ^ Exactly, that is especially true because we still don't have official Sugumori art for these mons.

I have decided that when I catch a baniricchi (stage 1 Ice cream) it will be dubbed Dairy Queen. xD

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    LOL.

Your good at debating. Poor Dragonite, usually so loved, and you called him Barney the Dinosaur with wings. But in Gen 1 i agree it had the most flaws of all the Gen's. But they were just getting the hang of making pokemon.

-Haza:-- I don't know about you but I would rather Jynx has clothes on...

As for the Garbage bag pokemon comparing to the Gen 1, 3, 4 poison types
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Purple, Purple, Purple, Purple, Purple, Purple, Purple, GREEN!

What a hideous monster, I feel like chucking soap at it! It is green instead of purple! How dare it be green, it deserves to burn. What an insult to the poor poison types out there. I hope that hideous green creature dies miserably, in cleanliness!

Johto has the most fail pokemon, ONE FIRST TYPE POISON POKEMON. ONE!!

Ahem.

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Green, green, green, green, green... green. Wow, The little trashbag really does stand out among poison types!

In addition, only three of those pokemon are part grass. Suck it. Dragonite is an orange dragon type. Absol is a white dark type. No one complained about that.

Oh, and lol, Mewtwo. I almost forgot to mention it. I don't care for this thing's plight; he's horribly designed, ewww.

There is another?! And to think all this time I thought I was the only one who wasn't all lovey-dovey for Mewtwo! Yeah, everything else that you've said is pretty cool too, I'm just not quoting that because I don't want to make a super-post of death.

BTW, Did somebody say lamprey? I love the new lamprey pokemon, not so much the final form as the other two, but I would never call it ugly. Blaziken is ugly. Nosepass is ugly. Mr. Mime (oh God) is ugly. But even if you do think that the lamprey is ugly, that shouldn't make a difference. It seems like it's turning out to be a pretty epic pokemon, and that should count, not it's looks. For all you know it could have been purposely designed to be ugly like the aforementioned nosepass.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I really want this Pokemon:

But I don't know how to tell which fossil to take. I don't speak Japanese. Please help!!!

What option is it for that pokemon, and it would help if you could post the Japanese word for it.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Ahem.

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Green, green, green, green, green... green. Wow, The little trashbag really does stand out among poison types!

In addition, only three of those pokemon are part grass. Suck it. Dragonite is an orange dragon type. Absol is a white dark type. No one complained about that.

There is another?! And to think all this time I thought I was the only one who wasn't all lovey-dovey for Mewtwo! Yeah, everything else that you've said is pretty cool too, I'm just not quoting that because I don't want to make a super-post of death.

BTW, Did somebody say lamprey? I love the new lamprey pokemon, not so much the final form as the other two, but I would never call it ugly. Blaziken is ugly. Nosepass is ugly. Mr. Mime (oh God) is ugly. But even if you do think that the lamprey is ugly, that shouldn't make a difference. It seems like it's turning out to be a pretty epic pokemon, and that should count, not it's looks. For all you know it could have been purposely designed to be ugly like the aforementioned nosepass.

Take a joke please *shakes head*

And I was talking about the full evolved/non evolving pure poison (cept for Drapion and Crobat) types so you suck it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

But I don't know how to tell which fossil to take. I don't speak Japanese. Please help!!!

What option is it for that pokemon, and it would help if you could post the Japanese word for it.
    Purotoga is revived from the Lid Fossil (ふたのカセキ); Aaken is revived from the Wing Fossil (はねのカセキ).

Anyway, as for my fossil preference, I'm going with Aaken as well because of its crazy high offensive stats and Speed in comparison to other pre-evolved Pokemon, despite its crappy ability.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Purotoga is revived from the Lid Fossil (ふたのカセキ); Aaken is revived from the Wing Fossil (はねのカセキ).

Anyway, as for my fossil preference, I'm going with Aaken as well because of its crazy high offensive stats and Speed in comparison to other pre-evolved Pokemon, despite its crappy ability.

I want Aaken too, I want it on my team as the flying type. It is so strong, only it has the worst ability. If you use a White Herb (heals status conditions) Will it disable its ability of decreasing its attack?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Since I haven't followed the birth of a new generation since the second one, I'm wondering around when do we get official art for these guys? I can't wait to see the official art for quite a few of the new Pokemon. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I was wondering the same. Hopefully it's soon because there are a lot of Pokemon I think I'd really like more if I saw the original art. D:

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    alright, time to pass judgement on this gen's water pogeys!

~ * ~ BEST PURE WATER STARTER OF ALL TIME ~ * ~

I don't get why people are confused by its design; it's the luvchild of a california sea lion and an amazon giant river otter, and it stole its shell from some epic Caribbean shellfish that's why it's so faxing pretty. :D :D :D Then it travelled to Japan and mastered the ancient ways of the samurai and became bada$$.

It should have been Water-Fighting, but not having extra weak is always nice, and for some reason it gets epic moves like Air Slash and Night Slash (O_o?) plus its signature move (Shell Blade) is very nice indeed. Plus with access to Dragon Tail, Megahorn and Grass Knot this thing is actually rather unpredictable; I love mixed sweeping and Life Orb or Expert Belt would do this guy wonders. Seriously give this guy a chance. :D

Okay, this thing gets a lot of hate because of its hairdo (hoes be hatin' 'cause he's fabulous) and its femenine appearance, but what's wrong with being femenine? XD It gets some pretty good moves, and its good speed and good offences means this thing just wants a choice item and start taking things down in UU (or life orb, since it can attack equally well from both ends of the offensive spectrum). I personally like it quite a bit. :3

I'm still deciding whether I still really like this thing or not so much... :C At first I was excite because he's got a cute design (YES FROGGY IS CUTE) and I love the whole sound froggy thing, but after using it, I am slightly disappoint. Gastrodon's Storm Drain combined with its 92 spA (an access to Ice Beam) makes it a better sweeper, while this thing is stuck with 85 in both offenses, slightly worse defenses and slightly lower HP. I think I'll just go back to Gastrodon, who also gets Recover, unlike this thing. :C

...no. Use Magikrap instead, and evolve it into Gyarados asap. Funnily enough its stats aren't crap (92 Att, 98 Speed), but if you must use an epic attacking fish, use Seaking instead. Or, you could go down the ugly route and use Relicanth, I guess. All in all, it's outclassed by too many things, though if you like this thing, it's certainly usable (it gets Reckless, Adaptability and Mold Breaker O_o that's actually better than Magikrap...)

EPIC SEA TURTLE. It gets Shell Break, but its speed is so much fail it can't use it, but at least it can Curse. The fact that it gets Solid Rock helps it out a lot, though, seriously. Its good attack + Aqua Jet fixes the speed issue a bit, and its awesome defense means it can switch into [physical] Fire and Ice moves.

also, you can always run waterfall + body slam; the paralysis chance is epic and water + normal is a good combo, plus its other stab moves (rock slide, stone edge) gets it good coverage, yep yep yep. oh, it also gets crunch. :D

Use Golduck instead. :C This thing is better than Pelipper, but those offenses leave something to be desired. Its abilities suck and even with DW Hydration it can't make much use of it because its defenses are lolo and 4x weak to Electric r bad 4 u. Imagine if Gyarados had Hydration, right...? Not good.

Cuter than Tentacruel, wants to beat Mamanbou but can't. Actually, sunfish feed on jellyfish, so Mamanbou actually eats this thing when it gets hungry. D: I do like it, though; two epic abilities, good stats and super-cute design.

~*~MOST AMAZING PURE WATER TYPE OF ALL TIME~*~
    ~*~VAPOREON, SUICUNE & MILOTIC LOVERS GTFO~*~
    ~*~MAMANBOU IS THE NEW BADA$$ FISH QUEEN UNDER THE SEA~*~

I utterly adore this thing; I want a pet sunfish because of it. Unlike Wailord it gets Wish, Light Screen, and has higher defense. :D Unfortunately it can't exactly attack (or rather, it can, given its 75 Attack, it's just that Aqua Jet, Waterfall and Dive < Boiling Water) but that's okay because it's beautiful and fabulous and its ability works so well with Wish it's not funny. It also has Hydration so Rain works well with it, and it doesn't need Water absorb because not even Hydro Pump can do **** to it. Deffo the best Water type of this generation as far as I'm concerned. :D

apparently unicorns can't make water turn into ice; this thing doesn't get ice beam which hurts its coverage. 129 spA with just sword of mystery and boiling water isn't gonna cut it. :C it's too bad because i do like this pony (dude, my little pony is epic ****) even if i'll prolly never use it.

Last edited:

Palcks

some nights.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012

It's the second option. I don't know Japanese either, and I can't find the text for it, but just save before you talk to the person that gives it to you. It's a blue rock with a diamond shape on it. c:

But anyway, my favorite hands down is Monozu. That thing is just sexiness. I caught a male and female and then bred them, this way I got one with better stats. She's on my team right now. I want to evolve her before I challenge the League.

I actually don't have any least favorites. This is the first time where I love all of the Pokémon introduced in a generation. I'm pretty sure this is my favorite generation just because of that ^^;;

Years
    It's the second option. I don't know Japanese either, and I can't find the text for it, but just save before you talk to the person that gives it to you. It's a blue rock with a diamond shape on it. c:

But anyway, my favorite hands down is Monozu. That thing is just sexiness. I caught a male and female and then bred them, this way I got one with better stats. She's on my team right now. I want to evolve her before I challenge the League.

I actually don't have any least favorites. This is the first time where I love all of the Pokémon introduced in a generation. I'm pretty sure this is my favorite generation just because of that ^^;;

<3 I love me some Monozu too. I want one sooooo bad. It also has the most epic typing ever, Dark/Dragon. :DDDD Plus it's the only specially-oriented pseudo legend, which makes it unique.

@Devil You have the best posts. xDD

Years
    Lately, I've become absolutely obsessed with these two Pokemon:

Erufuun is just soooo adorable and puffy!! :B It's like the new and better Cherrim~ I always hated that you could never send out Cherrim in its Sunny Day form. >.>

And Gochiruzeru reminds me a lot of Medicham (which is like, my favorite Pokemon <3). Even though I was really pissed when I heard it was a Psychic type instead of a Dark type, I love it now~ Probably might name mine Lady Gaga. :P

And considering that these two are Black exclusives, I decided I'm gonna get Black instead of White. White's exclusives suck, tbh... X_X And that means I can get the vulture too~ :3

EDIT: I love Monozu too. ^^ I just hate its final evolution. So if I ever own one, I'll only let it evolve into its second form. I just love the emo look that they have. xD

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years

Rankurusu. Hands down, best poke of this gen. It's a homunculus, and an adorable one at that.

The only poke I hate is

It's a mess. I pray the Sugimori art redeems this thing. I hate its color and weird little horns.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The only poke I hate is

It's a mess. I pray the Sugimori art redeems this thing. I hate its color and weird little horns.

I partially agree with this. Although I don't think it's the worst, it has quite a resemblance between Entei and itself. The beard, feet, and spikes (on its front right hand side leg) all have a similar design to Entei. I have made this theory on a previous post before this Pokémon (and the other two) had yet to be confirmed, but ever since then it's just been one of those "oh well, I'll carry on" Pokémon. I'm one of those people who don't take grief over a Pokémon and call it quits; I'll simply look over the other 100+ as there are several others that I actually like. Kobaruon isn't that bad, and I definitely would take it over the trash bag's evolution. XD;

There isn't much bad things overall about this Pokémon, aside from it resembling Entei and how it's pose is positioned. But that's just my two cents on Kobaruon.

Emonga

Autistic and proud of it
    Years
    I love the grass starter, but I don't really like the water started, but i think the fire starter is OK. Some of the Pokémon I like and some of them I can't stand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back