• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    Favorite:
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Least favorite:

The bug dude is my favorite, because, it just looks so cool. Even though the attacks and stats aren't that good. I so want to raise one!

And as for the duck/goose thingy/ Its such a dull sprite.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • Well, not sure if this has been done yet, but I'm gonna go ahead and review the dark-type pokemon for this generation, seeing as dark is my favorite type.

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    PURPLE KITTEHS! Sorry, inside joke. Anyway, looks like we've got ourselves another cat, and a leopard to boot! I always thought we needed another big cat pokemon- in addition to the lion luxray and the tiger raikou -and this guy is just what the doctor ordered. The pink around the basic stage's eyes reminds me a little of makeup or somehting, but it loods awesome on the evolution. To say the least, I like these two way better than glameow and purugly. Not fat + leopard + nice coloring for both shiny and regular = win.

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    Okay, time to evaluate my little sister's favorite pokemon. In my opinion, the eyes on the baby form are a little too small and the glasses marking doesn't help, but it has managed to grow on me. The middle form has no flaws- short, sweet, to the point and nice and smug looking for some extra character. The final form is just pure win. The evil expression really reminds me of a classical alligator, and it's not a hunchback like feraligatr. Moreover, it's name is waruvial which I believe to come from gavial (a gavial is a rare crocodilian with a long, thin snout). Since no one on Earth seems to know what a gavial is, I take pride in looking at waruvial's name and knowing its origin.

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    Okay, a lot of people have been complaining because this guy is a stereotype or somehting like that. Personally, I don't care. Dark-fighting is a completely awesome type combination, and the cute lizard-like design is really growing on me. Personally, I find nothing wrong with this pokemon, and while it's not one of my top six, it's definately in my top ten. I'll admit that the shiny form for the evolution is a little odd, but I can live with that since I probably will never encounter a shiny.

I almost forgot that this was a fifth generation pokemon. Stupid early releases. Anyways, These two are pretty epic as far as dark types go. Zorua has a nice mixture of cuteness and evil while zoroark's markings make it seem like a trickster- a perfect personality for a dark type. The ponytail thing is a little odd- and by 'a little' I mean extremely odd -and I am annoyed at the fact that zoroark doesn't have a tail, but I will let that go by seeing as the rest of it is completely awesome.

One of the ones I always seem to forget, though I don't know why. I guess this pokemon is just a little to humanoid for my tastes; the evolved form looks like a guy in some kind of costume. It probably is some guy in a costume. The baby form, however, is really neat looking and has a nice design. The type combination is okay, though it leaves this pokemon very weak to fighting type moves. With a large number of fighting types introduced in this gen, it is probably not your best move to train one of these, even though they are flipping awesome.

One of the rare few pokemon whose evolved form I prefer over the baby form. The basic stage of this guy is too fat, it's face looks too squished, and the egg just wasn't necessary. Hopefully it will be redeemed by it's Ken Sugimori artwork. The evolution, however, is awesome. The bone in the feathers on it's head adds a nice touch and as do the spikes around it's belly. Other than that, it is a pretty basic looking vulture, so it is nice and simple too. As early generation fans would say, 'ugga ugga, simple look good! Good! Look Thag, simple look pokemon!' I still remain convinced that early gen fanatics are cavemen/women.

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    The basic stage is just plain epic. It looks so cute with it's hair covering it's eyes like that! The middle stage is also cool; kept simple but with an added head and wings. I could do without the final stage. Its wings remind me too much of Giratina and for some reason I dislike dragons that don't have four legs. The explostion of pink coloring is a little unusual, and its head reminds me of a posessed totodile. Personally, I would have liked this final form better if it had kept that cute black covering over the eyes.

And that's that. I hope you enjoyed my wonderful dark type discussion.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

• I partially agree with this. Although I don't think it's the worst, it has quite a resemblance between Entei and itself. The beard, feet, and spikes (on its front right hand side leg) all have a similar design to Entei. I have made this theory on a previous post before this Pokémon (and the other two) had yet to be confirmed, but ever since then it's just been one of those "oh well, I'll carry on" Pokémon. I'm one of those people who don't take grief over a Pokémon and call it quits; I'll simply look over the other 100+ as there are several others that I actually like. Kobaruon isn't that bad, and I definitely would take it over the trash bag's evolution. XD;

There isn't much bad things overall about this Pokémon, aside from it resembling Entei and how it's pose is positioned. But that's just my two cents on Kobaruon.

Hmm.. You are right Kaori, it does look like Entei that you bring it up. I dont like how you can't see much of its face in the sprite though. So I hope in the Sugimori Art There will be better shots of it. Probably my least favourite legendary of this gen, although I do not hate it.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/647.png
    Kerudio AKA D'Artagnan is hawt pwnage xD Love spc sweepers! And I like the three musketeers book as well

https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/643.png
    So cute and absolutely graceful special pwn.

https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/637.png https://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/637.png
    The moth is epic and love the colours/design

https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/635.png
    Epic. Win.

https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/628.png
    Only like the sprite :/

https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/609.png
    Soooo cute.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

I don't believe anyone has pointed this out, but Shibirudon has a similar appearance to Huntail from back in R/S/E. The spots on their body, similar eye form (with the plain fill in color and a black dot) and their fangs all have a common design. They are both based off of an eel as well; Shibirudon being an Electric Eel and Huntail, a Gulper Eel.

Even though Shibirudon isn't all that perfect in appearance, I still see myself using it for a future team. I prefer this Pokémon over Huntail too, and it fits the description for an Electric Eel, as obviously it's an electric type and has the eel form. It has grown to me ever since I gave my first opinion on it and including the stats, they're fair enough; it being better in Attack and Sp. Attack. This Pokémon may not be the best out of the rest, but to me, it isn't that bad at all.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I was wondering the same. Hopefully it's soon because there are a lot of Pokemon I think I'd really like more if I saw the original art. D:

Indeed. The three Genies right now aren't looking that great to me, I'm sorta kinda hoping that their artwork will be cool...and different from one another. :P They're really the only Legendaries that I've yet to come to like.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Just showing the progression o the starter evos. In my opinion they get better, though the first are the best, second Gen was the worst and they have slowly gotten better since.

Years
  • Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

I don't believe anyone has pointed this out, but Shibirudon has a similar appearance to Huntail from back in R/S/E. The spots on their body, similar eye form (with the plain fill in color and a black dot) and their fangs all have a common design. They are both based off of an eel as well; Shibirudon being an Electric Eel and Huntail, a Gulper Eel.

Even though Shibirudon isn't all that perfect in appearance, I still see myself using it for a future team. I prefer this Pokémon over Huntail too, and it fits the description for an Electric Eel, as obviously it's an electric type and has the eel form. It has grown to me ever since I gave my first opinion on it and including the stats, they're fair enough; it being better in Attack and Sp. Attack. This Pokémon may not be the best out of the rest, but to me, it isn't that bad at all.

I never noticed that. D: Interesting.

I never understood why Shibirudon caught so much flak. Once I saw it had Levitate and was Electric, I was in love. Is it the best looking Pokemon? No, but it could be worse. I still like Huntail better, but once I actually get a chance to use a Shibirudon, that may change.

The Red Chain

They are both based off of an eel as well; Shibirudon being an Electric Eel and Huntail, a Gulper Eel.
    Forgive me Miju. ;.;

Shibirudon could be somewhat based off an electric eel, but if you look closely, it has a funnel-shaped mouth aligned with teeth, much like that of a lamprey. The Pokedex entry in White for Shibirudon also pulls it away from an eel a bit, and more towards a leech.

604 Shibirudon : It sucks on its prey with its sucker-mouth, and shocks it with the electricity that flows from its teeth.
    The electricity definitely leads to an electric eel.. but I dunno.. do they suck on their prey? XD;

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022

Anteater pokemon! What else do i have to say.

Words cannot explain how hideous this pokemon is. Shame, it's typing is awesome.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

• Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

I never noticed that. D: Interesting.

I never understood why Shibirudon caught so much flak. Once I saw it had Levitate and was Electric, I was in love. Is it the best looking Pokemon? No, but it could be worse. I still like Huntail better, but once I actually get a chance to use a Shibirudon, that may change.

I wish it could learn something like Surf or Dive - some decent Water-type move, at least! Anyway, I've always wanted a Levitating pure Electric-type, so it's still awesome in that regard! :D

For some odd reason, it keeps on reminding me of this piece of artwork:

A prototype entry for the Electric/Dragon Pokemon Cyclohm in Smogon's Create-A-Pokemon project. Drawn by the user pkmn-Taicho321 of Smogon. I guess the similar coloration and the sharing of the Electric-type cause the similar resemblance for me....

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I never thought I would say this... but
    is really starting to grow on me. It's animation is adorable and I think once I see the official artwork, it'll look a lot cooler.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • to whom it may concern:

eels =/= electric eels =/= lampreys

Huntail is a pelagic fish (pelagic = open sea dweller). Unlike Shibirudon, Huntail dwells in deep oceans, hence its lighting patterns, same as Lanturn and Gorebyss. Since Shibirudon isn't a Water type, it's safe to assume it can't breathe underwater, therefore it dwelling in deep water is questionable.

Either way, Huntail can easily be a deep sea dwelling eel, while Shibirudon is more like a mix between a lamprey and an electric eel. Not all lampreys dwell in freshwater, but many of them do. Electric "eels" are, however, exclusively found in freshwater.

The problem with all this theorizing though is that Shibirudon is inspired by real animals but based on a Japanese myth about a flying eel (or so I've heard) and mythological animals themselves are based on real ones. Meanwhile Huntail is (as far as I know) based on a real pelagic fish all the way, so there's a lot less guesswork to be done when it comes to his design.

*shrug* Shibirudon for me is a mess. It's an electric eel with a lamprey mouth which hunts like an electric eel but feeds like a lamprey and floats like a legendary eel and lives in a cave and it doesn't dwell in water and it can levitate yet it waddles in mid-air...? lol what the hell. Some people may see awesome, I see epic fail. You may think trying to design a Pokemon based on a mix of things (say, a unicorn, a sea serpent, a vampire bat, and a camel) may sound or seem awesome, but usually it will only be so in theory; in practice it's likely to come out a mess. XD

As someone before me just said, simple is good.

Obelisk

Toad Sage
    Years
  • Been Lurking forever so I'd figure I'd post XD.

After seeing all the pokes of the 5th generation I can say I'm pretty happy. I don't overly dislike any of them, even though some are obviously more fail then others XD.

Ones that have stuck out to me are Warubiaru, Shubarugo, Pendora, Sazandora/Sazando, and Gigaiasu. I think all of them have epic designs, since I'm not much of a battler I don't know much about them stat-wise XD. I do know Sazandora is a Pseudo which should mean it has grea stats lol.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Ugh, I can't stand at least half the Pokemon. A lot just seem over the top on the cartoonish designs. There's a point in good Pokemon designs where you have an appropriate balance in the cartoonish, natural, and artificial look to it. A lot here haven't found that balance. There are some really good ones, but most I'd never let get near my lineup.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    I haven't seen many people talk about this guy.

I wanted to hear all your views about him. He may not seem special at first, but then you look at his abilitys. Bibarel is no longer the only fully evolved pokemon that has access to Simple. This guy now also gets it trough the dream world. His boosting moves are Amnesia and Calm Mind. Calm Mind coupled with Simple could make this guy a potential sweeper (altough watch out for revenge killers).

So what do you think about him?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    At first I thought it ruined Koromori but.. wow the Sugimori art turned me right around, it's defs a suitable Golbat replacement to me. :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    At first I thought it ruined Koromori but.. wow the Sugimori art turned me right around, it's defs a suitable Golbat replacement to me. :D

Agreed. I actually like it slightly more than the Zubat family.

I forgot that it also gets Charge Beam as a boosting move. Altough Calm Mind is mostly better.

Years
  • I haven't seen many people talk about this guy.

I wanted to hear all your views about him. He may not seem special at first, but then you look at his abilitys. Bibarel is no longer the only fully evolved pokemon that has access to Simple. This guy now also gets it trough the dream world. His boosting moves are Amnesia and Calm Mind. Calm Mind coupled with Simple could make this guy a potential sweeper (altough watch out for revenge killers).

So what do you think about him?

Exactly what Forever said. Sugumori art totally saved this lil' guy. I love it. AND OMGZ it gets simple. The crazy stat boosts from Simple are awesome to use in battle. I think I need to go catch a Kokoromori now. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back