• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    Freezio has lower defense then most NFEs.
    30 Base.

Its movepool however is good though. Pity most pokemon this gen are physical attackers, otherwise itd have more of a place.

30 Base.

Its movepool however is good though. Pity most pokemon this gen are physical attackers, otherwise itd have more of a place.

Last edited:

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    i actually like it ^^;

and Devil Flamingo... it does have a face... kinda xDD it's like this >:C if you look closely xDD

the only ice type i don't really like much is Tsunbear

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    30 Base.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    At first when I saw the BW Pokemon I wasn't pleased. I thought they'd become digimonized.

But after a while I took a liking to them, and they're starting to look good now. I guess with English names I'll like them even more.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    At first when I saw the BW Pokemon I wasn't pleased. I thought they'd become digimonized.

But after a while I took a liking to them, and they're starting to look good now. I guess with English names I'll like them even more.

yup, they grew on me after a while. first i started off only liking about 7, now most look good to me.

but then again, ill never get over the genie guys....

EDIT: i just realized pokabus final evo is basically rhyperior with a magmotar color template...really

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    My favorite 5th gen pokemon of all time is Emboar.

My favorite fighting type pokemon (favorite typing) is actually a tie between Nageki and Emboar.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    Alright, so after reading and checking trough nearly all the pokemons of the new generation i can safely say that i love it. I think that this generation has pokemons that can pretty much appeal to anyone. It has plenty of cute and simple designs while having more bizarre, over the top and more robotic designs (that's not a bad thing though).

I'm just making a second list of pokemons that i like (and ones that i have learned to like). I'll also list the things that makes them great.

Rankurusu (Psychic)

Allot of people have praised this guy (with good reason). He is one of the few users of Magic Guard, and could arguably be the best one. His speed isn't good but he makes up for it with his bulk. He also can get Regeneration which could be usefull if you don't want to waste a moveslot for recover (altough that means that you have to throw away Magic Guard, which can be hard to do xD).

His movepool is also excellent, and when coupled with Magic Guard/Regeneration and his great stats it means that he's capable of filling allot of roles. I'm personally going to create a Dual Screen set that i'm going to use on a online team i'm planning to create. I haven't played Pokemon online before but i watch allot of youtube videos and read allot in Smogon.

I'm pretty sure that most people (including me) will buy pokemon White over Black simply because of this guy (sorry Gochiruzeru). He's easily one of the best gen 5 pokemons aswell as a personal favorite :)

Zuruzukin (Fighting/Dark)

Earlier in this thread i said that i didn't like him simply because he's ugly as hell (i'm not a fan of the stereotypes he's based on xD). That was a an unfair way of judging him. After reading allot more about him i can simply say that i really like this guy. His typing is certanly unique and he's the only fighting type that actually can learn Dragon Dance (by breeding). His speed isn't great and his attack is pretty smal for a Fighting type but after a few dragon dances that can easily be fixed. He also gets great attacking moves such a Hi Jump Kick (which now got a boost in power), Crunch and the elemental punches. He also has acces to Intimidate trough the dream world. I really hope that he dream world abilities can be breed because Intimidate coupled with his great stats and Dragon Dance he can really be a dangerous pokemon.

For a Fighting type, he's surprisingly defensive oriented. While having access to other great moves such as Taunt, Roar and Fake out. The only he lacks is a good recovery move. Just like Rankurusu, i see this guy being able to fill allot of roles in battles. I'll take back everything i said about not liking this guy. Now i really like him :)

Burunkeru (Water/Ghost)

To me, this guy is nearly perfect. His bulky stats coupled with his great typing and Recover definetly will make this guy tough to take down. He's a great status inflickter with moves such as Toxic, Will-O-Wisp and Boiling water. His typing is arguably one of the best defensively, giving him resistance to Fire, ice, Bug, water while also giving him an immunity to moves like Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick and Explosion.

Cursed Body is also a pretty interesting ability. It allows him to be able to disable high power moves and then recover of the damage easily. I think this guy is going to see allot of usage in the metagame.

I might post some more later. I don't want this post to be to long lol :P

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016

Zuruzukin (Fighting/Dark)

The only he lacks is a good recovery move.

He can learn Drain Punch via breeding, which (with STAB and Dragon Dance) strikes me as a pretty good recovery move. I didn't like Zuruzukin based on his looks but his movepool is absolutely incredible, and his stats work quite nicely too given how he can buff them. I posted this earlier in the thread:

I really couldn't stand that Fighting/Dark lizard (Zuruzukin is its name I think) when I first saw it, but its hideous derpishness is sort of growing on me now. Plus I saw its movepool... It has possibly the best list of breedable moves I've ever seen on a Pokemon. It could have:

Dragon Dance
    Drain Punch/Brick Break/Hi-Jump Kick/Crunch
    Ice Punch/Thunder Punch
    Zen Headbutt

Any of those movesets would cover its only weaknesses - Fighting and Flying - as well as giving a powerful STAB move backed up by Dragon Dance, which would also (gradually) make up for its lack of Speed. It even has good Defences - Physical and Special both at 115 - to keep it alive while it sets up, even with its low 65 base HP. It's gone up a lot in my estimations, I must say.

EDIT: I should add that Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Ice/Thunderpunch and Zen Headbutt are all breedable - so a Zuruzukin (or whatever its pre-evo is called) could have that amazing moveset at Lv.1...

Suffice to say, I agree that he's a pretty darn good Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    He can learn Drain Punch via breeding, which (with STAB and Dragon Dance) strikes me as a pretty good recovery move. I didn't like Zuruzukin based on his looks but his movepool is absolutely incredible, and his stats work quite nicely too given how he can buff them. I posted this earlier in the thread:.

Maybe. Both Drain Punch and Dragon Dance are egg moves. So i doubt he'll be able to use both of them. I also never really cared much about Drain Punch but i guess it can be somewhat usefull when hitting high HP pokemons (such as Blissey).

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Meloetta. I simply love her. She is my favourite legendary of all time.
    Not only does her design look appealing, but she have 2 formes as well which I find awesome. :D I also love the fact that she can learn almost ever TM/HM in the game.

She does also have awesome base stats in SpAtt and SpDef (128 in both) which makes her bulky against Special sweepers. And with having the Psychic/Normal dual-type, Ghost moves are rendered useless, only disadvantage is that Fighting have a chance to faint her. :(

Weird

Lazy Guy
    Years
    In my opinion gen 5's pokemon are mostly very good designed. There are plenty of those complex big pokemon and also plenty of the cute pokemon. One month ago, I thought that I would hate most of them, but after playing the actual game I really like most of the new pokemon.

Favourites:

Tsutarjas evoline is awesome! I wanted it to be a dragon type, but it's still cool.

This really looks cool and it did good on my early team.

Totally awesome, but should be a water type. Sadly it's animation is kinda silly.

and

My favourite fossil pokemon of all the gens. archeopteryx for the win!

Finally a fire/ghost pokemon, I love it and it's stats are fairly good (but it's slow as hell)

and

Good evolution methods and cool pokemon, but ninja bug should be dark/bug

and many more...

Dislikes:

What is this??? How many eyes does it actually have (three or fake eyes)
    It's just a ball with wings kinda like a flying easteregg.

This is just unkreative. It's a snow flake with eyes and a mustache

Fighting/fire, really? I'm sick of this. Additionally this looks like ganon from zelda

The stone guy from fantastic four in a judo suit. (the blue one is even more stupid)

This line started of awesomely, but this one gives me nightmares. Why does a final evo need two pillars to not fall over? And where the hell did he get those?

A Krabby forced to live under a stone! And his "arms" look weird, too. Don't want to see this ever again

and some others, but not that much...

I'll continue this tommorow (eventually)

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    Mebukijika has a disappointing physical moveset.... whats the recommended?
    i think imma do leech seed, Jump kick, megahorn and wood horn.

Years
    I'm actually really happy with the new BW Pokemon. Yeah, all of them. There are only a few I don't really like, but I can avoid them easily anyway :P

One thing that really irks me is that the Pokabu's evoluton line is Fire/Fighting.
    That got old after Blaziken, and I really was expecting something more original- or even just Fire type. IIRC, the Water and Grass starter lines don't have any secondary typing? Which not only makes Emboar monotonous, but out of place, too :(

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    Mebukijika has a disappointing physical moveset.... whats the recommended?
    i think imma do leech seed, Jump kick, megahorn and wood horn.

Why do you think so? Wood Horn is a great move (like a physical Giga Drain), plus he gets Double-Edge for his second STAB (or you can have Return). And yeah, no Earthquake, but he does have Megahorn, Jump Kick and Wild Bolt. It could be better, but it could also be much, much, much worse. XD Anyways, I wouldn't run Leech Seed on such a frail pogey despite working in sync with Wood Horn and Big Root, but it's up to you. I don't know what the standard will be, but I recommend three moves (whichever ones you want) plus Agility, Swords Dance, Thunder Wave, or even Grasswhistle (only choose the latter if you don't mind relying on luck; I'm using Thunder Wave atm but might switch to Swords Dance). You could also have Sunny-D if yours has Chlorophyll, but I highly recommend Herbivore; immunity to Grass moves can come in quite handy, more than you'd think, plus it ups his Attack one stage which is simply awesome; I love this ability of his.

Umbrella

Rihanna's The Queen, You Mad?
    Years
    Meloetta. I simply love her. She is my favourite legendary of all time.
    Not only does her design look appealing, but she have 2 formes as well which I find awesome. :D I also love the fact that she can learn almost ever TM/HM in the game.

She does also have awesome base stats in SpAtt and SpDef (128 in both) which makes her bulky against Special sweepers. And with having the Psychic/Normal dual-type, Ghost moves are rendered useless, only disadvantage is that Fighting have a chance to faint her. :(

I agree 100%

As soon as I saw it, it instantly became my favorite. Not only is it two of my favorite types Normal and Psychic. Its one of the rare legends that change form. I wondered why it was so small and didn't have a gender, but I guess its kinda following Shaymin's role. Cute, tiny, genderless, alternate forms. But feminine legends usually have genders like Cresselia, and Latias.

But I guess its not meant to have a gender. My second favorite legend is Keldeo.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    Like i said i do like it, but yeah. Idk which Ability mine has.

So maybe:
    Wood Horn, Double Edge, Wind Bolt and Thunder wave... Oh i dont know. :(

It has great potential though!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    lol, I was looking at the thing after I posted in this thread, and realized that it does in fact have eyes (not too visible in normal sprite, but obvious in the shiny one) as well as some sort of tentacle/moustache thing loool. So essentially it's a glalie and a starmie combined? for some reason it has a wicked special defense, good speed, and decent spA, but then its attack and defense are horrible, and its HP is average.

its movepool is interesting, but not very good; basically a lot like Vaivanilla's except it gets Solarbeam, Recover and Night Slash for some reason, but no breeding moves, and I've just noticed that said movepool attempts to benefit Freezio both defensively and offensively but in reality it actually renders him relatively "meh" at both being a sweeper or a tank, and it hasn't got anything (pretty much) in the way of support except Light Screen, which even other Ice types make better use of. XD

All in all, definite NU material.

LOL dont worry, I post stuff all the time before actually looking at the thing I am posting about.

In terms of its move pool I would really like to know how it can learn #1 Solarbeam, when it is a snowflake and should stay the heck away from anything solar and #2 How can it learn night slash with no arms, hands and claws. Very odd. I think in terms of stats it resembles Starmie, unaturally high stats for its species and the strangest movepool. But it is definately a more beautiful Glalie in looks.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Though I'm trying to avoid BW spoilers, I just wanted to comment on Ononokusu. One, I really hope it keeps its Japanese name (awesome etymology, and fun to say). Second, I'm glad it finally paves the way for a pure-Dragon-type family.
    Third, its sprite evokes "DAGGER," IMO. If the actual dagger weapon and the way it sounds on your mouth could be converted into feelings, that's what feeling/sensation Ononokusu's presence would impose on you, IMO. :bandit: Finally, I love the axe-mouth implementation in the design!

For some reason, though, I feel the gray head of its shiny sprite should be combined with the rest of the yellow body of the original sprite... The gray head would convey the threat of a "metallic axe mouth" while the rest of the body would convey the fearsome, vicious presence of a bug-dragon hybrid. :D

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    I know people have wanted a pure Dragon line for ages, but Ononokusu's typing is greatly disappointing to me. It should have been Bug/Dragon; it looks perfect for it, as did Flygon, so that's now twice in a row when GF has had the perfect chance to make that epic combination happen, and instead it makes an un-epic one. :\ Sure, Kibago and its evo don't look very bug-like, but Ononokusu definitely does (praying mantis, anyone?) Yes, a Bug typing would have made it weak to Rock and Flying in addition to Ice and Dragon, but it gains two epic resistances (Ground and Fighting) plus it'd just be amazing. True, it would make Hydragon weak to his Bug attacks, but come on, Hydragon is epic; he's not gonna fall out of disuse because of just another Dragon. xD Not to mention they have more or less the same speed, and Ono's weak spDef can easily be targeted by Hydragon's great spAtt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back