• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    I don't like
    638.png
    Kobaruon because its a horse with a small head and 2 pair of tap dance shoes.

And my favourite is this one
    610.png
    :3

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Looking at the anime, Tabunne is so so much bigger than I originally thought. It's very surprising. :o

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, Chansey was pretty big, so it only makes sense that Tabuune replicates its size (in a way), since it's meant to be Gen 5's Chansey.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Mhm, from the start I kinda liked Desukan. I thought it'd be pretty strong. XD I want one!

20k posts without wandering thread moved.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Well, Chansey was pretty big, so it only makes sense that Tabuune replicates its size (in a way), since it's meant to be Gen 5's Chansey.

Chansey looks robust though....I didn't get the same feeling with Tabunne that I got from Chansey.

Just because it's meant to be gen 5's chansey doesn't necessarily mean it has to replicate it's size too. I just thought it was going to be a pipsqueak of a pokemon. (Maybe slightly taller than Pikachu)

Although I suppose in hindsight, how was Tabunne going to cart around all those sick pokemon on wheely carts if it's hands couldn't even reach the handle. :/

Desukan is my favourite gen 5 pokemon, so there's no way I'm not going to have one on my team.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Spr_5b_550.png
    Spr_5b_564.png

as little water-types that were introduced, these are awesome. I thought gear was my favorite, but GF ruined its evolutions. These two claim my top spots. :D

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • When I first saw what all of the Generation V Pokemon looked like, I didn't really have a favourite and thought most of them looked horrible. However...
    180px-593Burungel_Blue_Dream.png

This has really grown on me. I dunno, but it just... looks really good to me. I also like how it is one of the few Pokemon in Generation V to have a gender difference, and how different it is. :) I prefer it as a male, but meh... the female doesn't look that bad too. And look at that moustache... :O See, Pokemon with over-sized moustaches can look good *glares evilly at Probopass* Probably my favourite out of all of them. Plus, I like its typing. Ghost/water. <3 I can't stand its pre-evolution but whatever. XD

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • When I first saw what all of the Generation V Pokemon looked like, I didn't really have a favourite and thought most of them looked horrible. However...
    180px-593Burungel_Blue_Dream.png

This has really grown on me. I dunno, but it just... looks really good to me. I also like how it is one of the few Pokemon in Generation V to have a gender difference, and how different it is. :) I prefer it as a male, but meh... the female doesn't look that bad too. And look at that moustache... :O See, Pokemon with over-sized moustaches can look good *glares evilly at Probopass* Probably my favourite out of all of them. Plus, I like its typing. Ghost/water. <3 I can't stand its pre-evolution but whatever. XD

That is honestly and truly adorable <3 Its pre evolution is... meh, but I have always loved this guy and his queen counterpart.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I honestly love Burungeru and although I've said this to many of the Pokémon, this will be one Pokémon I must have on my team. XD; Both the female and male counterparts of this Pokémon are simply adorable. I can't really say I prefer one from the other as both the male and female forms are equally amazing for Burungeru. The pre-evolution Pururiru, is very charming as well. n_n I love how with Pururiru and its evolution, they both have this graceful/gentle nature appearance. I'm really glad to hear you are able to catch Pururiru at many various points during the game, the earliest obtainable place being Route 4, so there's no doubt I will be catching it to have a Burungeru later on. Whether it be the female or male version, I fond this Pokémon to the very most and it definitely has to be one of my favorites Pokémon for Gen V.

As for those who want to see the gender differences:

592.png
    592-f.png
    593.png
    593-f.png

...I just love how the female Burungeru has a kissy face. o3o

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm still kinda not too sure about the shape of the... puffy white mouth thing, or whatever it is on all of them, it makes them look kinda awkward, but it could be worse. I just feel they could have been designed better, although I do like their typing and I hope they're just better than the Tenta's. XD

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I'm not a fan of it's preevolutions. To me, they seem a bit too big to be the starting point of the evolution line.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Out of the crappy gear Pokemon, the ice cream Pokemon and the Chimchar rip-off...
    I like the one that kinda resembles Blastoise.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I think many of them are... ridiculous. I liked it better when the pokemon were themed off more natural things. It made more sense to me. An icecream pokemon really makes no sense to me at all... That's just my opinion, though. Some of the new pokemon I find pretty cool!

Pokekoks

Sprite'n'animation by me.
    Years
  • I don't like the most of legends (jinns are looking the same to me... Maybe because of the same pose) and starters finals.
    I'm really dissapointed with Gear final evo (second is still good).

I like the most the mole, bat, crocodiles (meguroko) and clowns with planks.

Nitronite

You wanted something?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Looks like Meguroco is going to be the next Mudkip meme.
    That mushroom looking pokemon has pokeball signs on it.
    Some of the Fifth gen Pokemon looks like reincarnations of previous Pokemon. Like...
    Mijumaru - Piplup
    Minezumi - Rattata
    Minehog - Furret
    Choroneko - Glameow
    Mamepato - Starly
    Hatooboo - Staravia
    Kenhorou - Pidgeot
    Zeburaika - Girafarig
    Dangoro - Seedot
    Koromori - Zubat
    Kokoromori - Crobat
    Otamaro - Poliwag
    Gamagaru - Poliwhirl
    Gamageroge - Politoed
    Churine - Budew
    Doredia - Bellosem
    Basurao - Carvanha
    Ishizumai - Paras
    Iwaparesu - Parasect
    Chillarmy - Pachirisu
    Mamanbou - Luvdisc
    Gear- Magnemite
    Gigear - Magneton
    Gigigear - Magnezone
    Ranpuraa - Drifloon
    Shandera - Drifblim
    Kibago - Larvitar
    Onondo - Pupitar
    Ononokusu - Tyranitar
    Kumasyun - Teddiursa
    Tsunbeaa - Ursaring
    Baffuron - Tauros
    Ok fine there are a lot of them. If you guys find any that I missed add them onto the forum.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just a note, moved that post to the Pokemon discussion thread, since the tiny things thread is based mostly on things you find in-game.

I do agree with most of them, though I do think Shimama = Girafarig, instead. :x

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Looks like Meguroco is going to be the next Mudkip meme.
    That mushroom looking pokemon has pokeball signs on it.
    Some of the Fifth gen Pokemon looks like reincarnations of previous Pokemon. Like...
    Mijumaru - Piplup
    Minezumi - Rattata
    Minehog - Furret
    Choroneko - Glameow
    Mamepato - Starly
    Hatooboo - Staravia
    Kenhorou - Pidgeot
    Zeburaika - Girafarig
    Dangoro - Seedot
    Koromori - Zubat
    Kokoromori - Crobat
    Otamaro - Poliwag
    Gamagaru - Poliwhirl
    Gamageroge - Politoed
    Churine - Budew
    Doredia - Bellosem
    Basurao - Carvanha
    Ishizumai - Paras
    Iwaparesu - Parasect
    Chillarmy - Pachirisu
    Mamanbou - Luvdisc
    Gear- Magnemite
    Gigear - Magneton
    Gigigear - Magnezone
    Ranpuraa - Drifloon
    Shandera - Drifblim
    Kibago - Larvitar
    Onondo - Pupitar
    Ononokusu - Tyranitar
    Kumasyun - Teddiursa
    Tsunbeaa - Ursaring
    Baffuron - Tauros
    Ok fine there are a lot of them. If you guys find any that I missed add them onto the forum.
    To me, Dangoro is Geodude's Gen V counterpart rather than Seedot's.

The Hitomoshi line is the Gen V counterpart to the Gastly line, IMO.

I can compare the Kibago line to the Trapinch line more easily than the Larvitar line (Ononokusu isn't a pseudo-legend).

Emonga is also more of an incarnation of Pachirisu than Chillarmy is (Chillarmy evolves into something while Pachirisu doesn't).

Other than looks, I don't see how Basurao is similar to Carvanha because Carvanha can evolve, while Basurao can't. I can compare Basurao to Qwilfish, though.

The Tamagetake line can be compared to the Voltorb, Shroomish and Paras lines (the former line because they're based on Poke Balls and the latter 2 lines because they're based on mushrooms).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back