• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Ewwww...Roobushin. X(
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

It looks like the aborted fetus of Burt & Ernie. Other than that it's impressive...I guess. >.>

rotfl.

It is pretty ugly, and I still don't get the concrete pillars. I do like its competitive abilities though, it's a powerful Pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Ewwww...Roobushin. X(

It looks like the aborted fetus of Burt & Ernie. Other than that it's impressive...I guess. >.>
    It looks ugly yes, but it has the highest Attack of all Fighting Pokemon. It would've been nice if it got the elemental punches as egg moves, like the Machop line did.

rotfl.

It is pretty ugly, and I still don't get the concrete pillars. I do like its competitive abilities though, it's a powerful Pokemon.
    The fact that Roobushin is holding concrete pillars is because it's based on a construction worker, like its pre-evolved forms (who are holding wood and steel frames, which are used for construction, respectively).

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Conkeldurr is EPIC, the pillars MAKE the Pokemon. Not too fond of its English name though, but like every other name, this one will grow on me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    I'm disappointed by the starters, so i deposited mine (Emboar), and went to get a Zuruzukin (which evolves into the dark/type mohawk lizard with awesome skin pants). I got disappointed by a lot of Pokémon i had high hopes of... for example, Leopardas (which actually makes Persian seem useful), Braviary (awesome design, awesome concept... and yet terrible speed and evolves at a really high level), and specially the grass starter.
    Buffalon also got me disappointed. I was expecting a fast heavyhitter like Tauros, but the thing is slow as heck... totally not going with my 'hit-them-as-fast-as-you-can' strategy.
    Also, got a little bit disappointed by the electric eel-lamprey-ultralisk thing. Maybe it's the fact that takes a while to evolve, and the fact that i haven't found any Thunderstones to evolve it to the final stage!

In the other hand, i find Abagoora (that fossil turtle) to be awesome. Cursing and Aquajetting most of its opponents for OHKOs turn it into the definition of epic win for me.
    Also, pokémon like Zebraika, Scolipede and Waruvial turned out to be pretty awesome. Maybe i'll go catch that chandelier thing ghost. However, i have to say that Kibago and its evolutionary line are becoming some of my favorite Pokémon (i soloed two of the Unova E4 using only my lv.50 Ononokus).

Oh, but the top of the crown is the black dragon (Zekrom?)... it's simply beautiful.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I like Victini as well as Snivy, they look pretty cool. <33;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

I don't think it's that bad. D: I mean, I thought it looked pretty cool because of the gigantic pillars and stuff. xDD; I agree it's not the most...incredible thing ever, but at least it has it's value in competitive battling and stuff.

And I gotta say, at least it isn't as bad as this Pokemon at least(to me):

...Sort of way to copy Swampert much? D:
    It doesn't look like a copy of Swampert to me, except for its type combo. It looks more like a copy of Poliwrath/Politoed to me because its pre-evolved forms are tadpoles.

And why did GF give it average offenses and speed?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Some of them are cool like Snivy and Zoroark, but alot of them look strange. I was pretty disapointed that there wasn't any new evolutions of past Pokemon.

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    Like:
    Nattorei
    Ononokuzu
    Landlos, voltolos and tornados
    Dailenki
    Braviary

Dislike:
    Sazandora
    Gigigigear

The like column could be a lot bigger but this are the best off the top of my head!! :D

Sazandora for me is just ugly and unpokemonish, it's just a bit dark for me. The gear thing is a bit weird but I suppose they did magnets, why not gears!!

On the whole a great bunch of new pokes!!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I still don't see how that Pokemon looks like Swampert even after looking at it for a while. It's just too frog-like to be similar to Swampert. Really, to me, it seems closest to Croagunk, because both seem kind of disgusting. Is it that hard to get a cute frog? :(
    (No Politoad doesn't count as a cute frog)

The first Pokemon in its evolution line is just weird though. Well, I originally liked it (I think?) buttt idk now, its face is kind of ugly and humanistic and all.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    I just don't like the part os seismatoad's animation where he wobbles those seismo sensors on his forhead...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I just don't like the part os seismatoad's animation where he wobbles those seismo sensors on his forhead...
    yeah, those make he and it's pre-evolution look a bit gross to me lol

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Ewwww...Roobushin. X(

LMAO!

Okay I literally did lmao then XD

Other than looking like an aborted fetus of Bert and Ernie it looks okay... I mean it doesn't look much uglier than Machamp... I guess XD I like it, but probably because those concrete pillars take the attention away from the face.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    And I gotta say, at least it isn't as bad as this Pokemon at least(to me):

...Sort of way to copy Swampert much? D:

I don't really see a connection to Swampert either other than it's typing. And I'm really getting sick of Water/Ground repeats along with Fire/Fighting. Can we please see something new. -_____-

P.S. The warts on it's head are offensive. :P

I still don't see how that Pokemon looks like Swampert even after looking at it for a while. It's just too frog-like to be similar to Swampert. Really, to me, it seems closest to Croagunk, because both seem kind of disgusting. Is it that hard to get a cute frog? :(
    (No Politoad doesn't count as a cute frog)

The first Pokemon in its evolution line is just weird though. Well, I originally liked it (I think?) buttt idk now, its face is kind of ugly and humanistic and all.

I am shocked & appalled by your comments madam. Croagunk & Politoed are awesome. Politoed may not have an equal this gen, but Croagunk & Zuruggu are distant cousins. Recognize gurlfriend!

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
    Most of the new Pokemon look amazing, I especially like the Larvitar clone with the blades on its jaw. The only Pokemon I really hate is the TRASH BAG! (forgot its name) It's hideous:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Most of the new Pokemon look amazing, I especially like the Larvitar clone with the blades on its jaw. The only Pokemon I really hate is the TRASH BAG! (forgot its name) It's hideous:
    It's called "Yabukuron" (or "Trubbish" if you're using the huge list of unconfirmed names). I thought it was ugly too when I first saw it, and I still think it's ugly, making Grimer and Koffing look a lot more handsome in comparison.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

I dunno about you but I see a connection there. Make swampert's sprite a darker shade of blue and it's belly a bit of a weird sky-blue-ish color and it'll look exactly like it. o_o; Croagunk...i wouldn't say it looks as much as Gamageroge as much as Swampert does, to be honest. I DONT SEE ANYTHING THERE OTHER THAN JUST A SWAMPERT COPY OKAY ;__;

Is it funny that I just realized that those things are warts?
    They're sort of warts. And Gamageroge uses them to either shoot out a paralyzing liquid or set off vibrations.

Colors aside, I don't see a connection between Swampert and Gamageroge at all. Swampert is a mudskipper/mudpuppy and Gamageroge is a toad. That's all there is to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back