• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your personal wishlist

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    My List:
    *Character Customization
    *More Mega's
    *Make Steven Champion
    *Keep Norman as Daddy
    *Wally Should Have a Larger Team, not just Gardevoir (I see Roserade being a good match for him)
    *Keep Contests and Add More Things Like Pokeathlon (I do know it's Johto, but still)
    *Lose Roller Skates
    *More Interaction with Environment
    *No Unnecessary New Pokes
    *We Should Go To Space in the Space Station to Catch Deoxys (Wasn't that an event?)
    *Last but not Least: Rematch Gym Leaders and Other Trainers with Vs Seeker

I have very high expectation with this game. All of my expectations were met in XY, so I'm looking forward to this remake. Cheers to the future!

Years
  • Contests:
    They should change up how they run and the importance of them to mirror the anime, have more reason to even play them. They should somehow incorporate battling into it as well but in a more aesthetic based way just like in the Pokemon Dojo where they rate you on delivery, not just power. There needs to be side quests where you're sent there to earn something, a contest head like the battle frontier heads and merge it with Pokemon Amiee and the Trainer Video thing from X/Y. It would also be cool if they had the amie play a role improving your pokemon's appearance (brushing, bathing, etc.) & not just how many pokeblocks you can shove down your creature's mouth at once. I really hope they make the contests more like the anime, with the first round being how well you can artfully arrange your pokemon's moves (with special graphics with certain combinations - kinda like how they do in xy when the elemental pledges are mixed) & contest BATTLES instead of just shooting your moves off at a judge.

Customizable Pokemon would be nice too in 3D allow us to add small clothing pieces to them if we wanted to.

Breeding:
    I've wanted this specifically ever since they introduced eggs. I want every species of Pokemon to have its own unique egg, it would make it slightly easier to remember what egg were what. After I saw the Manaphy egg in my Pearl version I thought they were going to add this in every game since then.

Last edited:

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    More Stuff I Would Like to See:
    *More Castform Forms
    *Bases
    *Make Contests in 3D
    *Add New Pokemon That Don't Come From Their Desserts
    *Allow you to Either Side with Magma or Aqua

Can't wait for this game. :< Hurry and six months pass already god!

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Oh and PLEASE DON'T REMOVE POKEMON-AMIE OR SUPER TRAINING OR THE PSS THESE FEATURES ARE AMAZING

I hope Sootopolis City is Hoenn's Lumiose City.

Tropius mega-evolution.

Hoenn soundtrack.

Emerald's Battle Frontier, an exact replica.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I want to see more of the character customization. <3 That's a big thing for me because I do tend to like fashion stuff. I also want the game to be a bit more easier, like someone said in this thread. I agree that leveling up was a pain. In the older games, I had someone hack it for me before I really understood the purpose of a game shark back then. XD Without my ex-boyfriend giving me cheats for it, I never would have been able to get through the game. So, having an easier leveling with the exp share on would be great.

I also would like to see a mega form of Flygon. Mainly because this pokemon also doesn't get much love. There's not much online you can find for pictures of it. I also wouldn't mind having more to do. I mean, way more to do. Not just stuff for wifi either but more creative like pokestar studios or something. I'm not really big on wifing with strangers across the globe. I'm more likely to restart a game just after getting to a certain point since I'm not good at a lot of things after beating the Elite four & Champion.

Oh, and I will go with everyone else on Secret Bases. Those were the biggest highlight for me. I also hope they will do the same as they did for XY where they let you have friends from your 3DS friend code list. That was way easier than the pal pad system and less of a pain to have to go in the wifi center just to get your FC. I liked the XY friend system a lot better. I also liked how you could trade pokemon straight from the boxes they were in and not have to put them in your team to trade them.

Basically, more just little things I found more easier for me than what most people here have said.

*Last but not Least: Rematch Gym Leaders and Other Trainers with Vs Seeker

I also like this idea. I've always wanted to rebattle gym leaders after beating the elite four. I mean, if we can beat them over and over, why not make it so that gym leaders are the same way? It would be great for some easily leveling and stuff, especially since gym leaders are usually stronger than the trainers you encounter.

Echidna

Years
  • Oh and for the love of all that is good I demand the ability to choose the difficulty BEFORE I start the damn game.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Oh and for the love of all that is good I demand the ability to choose the difficulty BEFORE I start the damn game.

What exactly do you mean? The difficulty of the AI or... I dunno. XD

Echidna

Years
  • What exactly do you mean? The difficulty of the AI or... I dunno. XD

Higher levels for opponents (so that I'm not constantly 15 levels higher even though I am putting effort into NOT leveling up my team).

More enemies when you're fighting the antagonists.

Give the gym leaders more Pokemon.

Lower the level of wild Pokemon so that I don't get as many EPs and have to put actual training towards Pokemon I capture.

You know, make the struggle real, and make it optional so that no one complains about the difficulty and everyone can get their cup of tea. Also, have the option available at the beginning of the game.

I loved X&Y, by far my favorite generation since gen 3, but it was waaaaay too easy. If you're gonna merge my two favorite generations, do it right.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Higher levels for opponents (so that I'm not constantly 15 levels higher even though I am putting effort into NOT leveling up my team).

More enemies when you're fighting the antagonists.

Give the gym leaders more Pokemon.

Lower the level of wild Pokemon so that I don't get as many EPs and have to put actual training towards Pokemon I capture.

You know, make the struggle real, and make it optional so that no one complains about the difficulty and everyone can get their cup of tea. Also, have the option available at the beginning of the game.

I loved X&Y, by far my favorite generation since gen 3, but it was waaaaay too easy. If you're gonna merge my two favorite generations, do it right.

OH! For a second I thought you wanted it easier... ._. I don't think they will add difficulty because people could utilize it in competition battling by leveling Pokes faster and IV breeding even easier. I just can't see them adding that.

Years
  • What exactly do you mean? The difficulty of the AI or... I dunno. XD
    The AI needs to have actual strategy programmed into them, especially in their double battles. I would actually think its cool they would make the Elite 4 all double battles post-game like the mods. That would be awesome.
    I also think:

All Rivals, Champions, Villain Leaders and Frontier Brains get Mega Evos.
    - Steven = MegaMetagross
    - Wally MegaGardivior
    - Rival = Mega Starter
    - Archie = Mega MegaSharpedo
    - Maxi = MegaCamurupt

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd certainly like them to make the boss battles more difficult. I understand that the game is geared towards a younger crowd , but if they implement a challenge mode, it'll satisfy the veterans as well. As fun as Pokemon is, it can get extremely repetitive, especially when it comes to the level of difficulty in trainer battlers. That has a lot of room for improvement!

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    That they give some love to the contest system. Costumes, more extensive ways to make Pokeblocks... perhaps even contest-oriented Pokemon moves?

There were some moves in the anime that were used/created for appeal that didn't look like they would be particularly useful in battle, but they sure looked lovely. Like in that one contest battle with Zoey, where she got her Leafeon to fly and gave it wings through some other move (I forget how).

Your personal wishlist

It's not particularly damaging, but it's awesome looking.

That also leads me to how they had battles in contests that were based on how beautifully you damaged and took down your opponent, rather than how much damage you did. I think this would be awesome to include as well.

Years
  • I want Secret Bases back, obviously, but with room for a LOT of items. The 16-item limit felt massively artificial back in Gen 3.

Also, a few things most people probably forgot about, in overhauled (i.e. more complicated and engrossing) form:
    -Berry Blender
    -Trick House
    -Sky Pillar puzzles
    -Wallace's Gym puzzles

Years
  • Revamp of contests, but not a complete change. I really disliked the Super Contests, honestly, since I was expecting something similar that Gen 3 offered.
    I kind of liked the idea of the further you get in your game, higher ranked contests became available. I also liked how you would have obtained fossils by going underground, that was a lot of fun to do.

I'm hoping there's an extensive post-game since X and Y was really lacking in that area, guessing Game Freak more than likely will deliver on that since I know that was a common complaint for fans, and they usually listen to the fans suggestions.

Echidna

Years
  • Oh yeah and please fix Mega Evolutions. The idea is amazing and all, but in practice, the system is broken to the point of absurdity.

Years
  • That they give some love to the contest system. Costumes, more extensive ways to make Pokeblocks... perhaps even contest-oriented Pokemon moves?

There were some moves in the anime that were used/created for appeal that didn't look like they would be particularly useful in battle, but they sure looked lovely. Like in that one contest battle with Zoey, where she got her Leafeon to fly and gave it wings through some other move (I forget how).

It's not particularly damaging, but it's awesome looking.

That also leads me to how they had battles in contests that were based on how beautifully you damaged and took down your opponent, rather than how much damage you did. I think this would be awesome to include as well.

That's what I've been saying. The anime created such great ideas for Contests, and the games were so much simpler. I'd like to see them really expand on the Contest mechanic; it has a lot of potential. With the 3D graphics, ORAS is the perfect platform to recreate those beautiful move combinations that were the main part of Contests in the anime.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Oh yeah and please fix Mega Evolutions. The idea is amazing and all, but in practice, the system is broken to the point of absurdity.
    Especially in game. They said that Mega Evolution has to do something with the bond between the player and the Pokemon yet there is nothing to show for it...it's not like Aime has anything to do with Mega Evolving them...nor does Happiness or anything else that denotes a bond of some kind...

Echidna

Years
  • Especially in game. They said that Mega Evolution has to do something with the bond between the player and the Pokemon yet there is nothing to show for it...it's not like Aime has anything to do with Mega Evolving them...nor does Happiness or anything else that denotes a bond of some kind...

And there has to be a balance when it comes to stats, because bumping up the base stat total by a hundred and throwing in an amazing ability without any repercussions is just ridiculous, especially when it comes to competitive battling.

Something like Megalution needs some negative side-effect, because right now there is virtually no reason to hold back on unleashing a Megalution mid-battle regardless of whether or not you need it. No loss of HP, no depletion of a particular stat that could compromise the safety and/or effectiveness of the Pokemon, and the whole "only one megalution per battle thing" is pointless BECAUSE YOU ONLY EVER NEED ONE.

I mean come on, megalutions are really not so unsimilar to WMDs. And during competitive battles, megalution vs megalution has been reduced to nothing more than a type matchup battle, thanks to the divine and indiscriminate distribution of stat boosts for like EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • And there has to be a balance when it comes to stats, because bumping up the base stat total by a hundred and throwing in an amazing ability without any repercussions is just ridiculous, especially when it comes to competitive battling.

Something like Megalution needs some negative side-effect, because right now there is virtually no reason to hold back on unleashing a Megalution mid-battle regardless of whether or not you need it. No loss of HP, no depletion of a particular stat that could compromise the safety and/or effectiveness of the Pokemon, and the whole "only one megalution per battle thing" is pointless BECAUSE YOU ONLY EVER NEED ONE.

I mean come on, megalutions are really not so unsimilar to WMDs. And during competitive battles, megalution vs megalution has been reduced to nothing more than a type matchup battle, thanks to the divine and indiscriminate distribution of stat boosts for like EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
    Well I have noticed that some Pokemon in the turn they mega evolve go later than during the rest of the turns. It's not for all of course, but for some depending on the speed of the opponent do. I saw it with my MegaGardevoir, and an Opponent's MegaGardevoir in a seperate battle.

Also some Megas' stats do go down like Garchomp. Arguebly normal Garchomp is better as it can hold another kind of item.

Echidna

Years
  • Well I have noticed that some Pokemon in the turn they mega evolve go later than during the rest of the turns. It's not for all of course, but for some depending on the speed of the opponent do. I saw it with my MegaGardevoir, and an Opponent's MegaGardevoir in a seperate battle.

Also some Megas' stats do go down like Garchomp. Arguebly normal Garchomp is better as it can hold another kind of item.

Although the inclusion of what you mentioned is definitely a good thing, it's still not an umbrella mechanic that affects Megalutions in general.

They are just so overpowered it's not funny anymore.

Back