• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Phobias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

She-Elf

Nyaa :3
Years
  • I hate spiders.. They are freaky and they make me puke. If i see one I usually start to cry 8D haha.
    I don't understand people that can have spiders as pets.. EEEEW!

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I'm afraid of bees (fairly understandable) and dead bodies. If any of you were on Pe2K at that time... You'd see what I mean. It freaked me out so much and I tear up and whimper when I see another photo of a dead body. Cartoony dead bodies, however, are fine.

What happened? I would like to know. But if you don't want to talk about it thats fine to.

Anyway, my Phobia's are:

- Spiders - Only if they move or are really close to me, I cant watch spiders if they are in some form of containment, like if they are in a cage/tank thing in the zoo.

- Being alone - I can't stand it, I hear things and panic, I have to watch T.V or hug my Cat or Dog, otherwise I freeze up and... just, I can't stand being alone

- Being helpless* - If I can't do anything to stop something, I go into a crying like state, I don't actually cry, but I panic and breathe like i'm crying

- Heights - Only really high ones scare me, I can sit on a house roof fine, but massive heights with huge drops scare me

- Needles - I can look at them, but I can't stand them when they are injected, even if it isn't on me.

* There is a story of why I'm scared of being Helpless. I was in my room, and I herd some shouting, i'm used to that around my area, because my school is near by, and students come down my street to go to the shops over the road, but then I herd thumping, so I looked out my window, and this guy was getting punched and kicked in the head and stomach, he was hardly conscious, and the guys who where doing it were in a group of about five, and were in their early 20s, they guy was covered in blood, I didn't know what to do, I wasn't going to stand a chance against the 5 men, so I went into my crying like state, and I froze up, I only saw them hitting him for a minute or two, then I ran downstairs and told my parents, and we went out to help him up, because they threw him into the road.
    I was terrified, and now if I ever feel helpless I panic.

Also, I got punched in the face by this guy, and it really hurt, because it was just above my temple [The side of your eye] and I was crying, because of that, he took advantage and carried on hitting me, but my friends stopped him and I had to go to first aid, I was a little dizzy aswell, and I felt helpless, and I was scared.

I'm such a wimp...

EDIT: There is still blood where the guy was hit, so I cant stand walking over the road at that part, because when I see the blood, I see the guy getting hit.

Last edited:

-HeaveN-

In this craziness, absurdity..
    Years
  • I simply hate, despise, and feel horror, loath and repulsiveness for LIZARDS.
    Just looking at one of them gives me goosebumps!

And I fear "losing trust and respect". I believe if you're being distrusted by someone, you've lost everything. You have nothing to live.

I'll probably tell a lot more some other time.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Originally posted by Myra Uchiha
    But I am emetophobic. My worst fear in the world is vomiting. I freak out, and I go in my room, pace all over the place, stay up all night, refuse to eat or drink... if someone so much as mentions someone got sick. T.T I'd rather die. And that's the truth, I do not fear death.

Oh, that's the name of it! Hah, I heard the name a loooong long time ago, and I knew it started with an "e" but I forgot the name..thanks. lol

But yeah, anyways, unlike most peeps, I'm not the type of girl whose afraid of snakes, wild animals, death, or w.e. In fact, just about a month or so ago there was a snake in my boyfriend's yard and I went to pick it up and it tried to bite me. XD It was soooo funny. It was too small to puncture my skin, but his mother was like "omg!" hahah.

But yeah, I've had this fear of vomiting for as long as I can remember. It just reallly creeps me out. I would get so scared whenever me and my friends would go to an amusement park or somethnig and go on rides after we ate or they would talk about being sick or w/e. That kinda stuff sends shivers down my spine. I just can't take it. -__- The last time I threw up was years and years ago, apparently I can't stand it myself lol.

Just the other day me and my friends went to the sunshine fair (it was raining that day lol) and Kenny talked about being sick and at night we rode this thing called the typhoon and he had his head down the whole time and I was sitting next to him thinking "omgomgomgomgomg-*dies*" and at the end he turned his head, opened his mouth, and made the fake kinda "blahhh" noise like when someone is pretending to puke and I litterally jumped like, 545894309 feet into the air (even though I was being held down by the bar at the time) my friend Anthony was like "Woah you just jumped like, really high lawl." I wanted to murder them. -___-x

The other thing I am afraid of is heights. Of course though, my friends don't care lol. My boyfriend made me go on Skycoaster at Six flags twice. It isn't bad after you pull the rip cord and go plummeting to the ground (which apparently is what most peeps find the scary part, don't know why) but the part when they are rasing you up to the top of the pole and the peeps down on the ground look like ants; THAT'S the scary part. XD Also the other day when we went to the fair we went on the ferris wheel and I had my head down for the most part, gripping to the pole in the center of the cart we were in for dear life. xD *death*

-Neko

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I can be wary of heights but I don't have an irrational fear of them.

... and that's all.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
  • I have the fear of criticism(enissophobia), dogs(cynophobia), death(thanatophobia), tornadoes(lilapsophobia), pointy things(aichmophobia), strangers(xenophobia), thunder/lighting(astrapophobia)clowns(coulrophobia),speaking in public(glossophobia), loud noises(phonophobia), and many, many other things.

For some reason I relaly think there is already a thread for this...... but whatever.

I am deathly afraid of ghosts. I don't really think about what is in the dark, I don't think "OMGZZ THER IS A RAPEST OVER HERE IN THE DARK!" nah, I just feel pure fear when I am in the dark. Fear of nothing in particular. I dunno my heartbeat speeds up dramaticaly, and unless I am terribly tired I canot go to bed unless I have the light in the hall on.

Dont make fun.... or I'll mess you up xD

Wilow-Wisp

Ò__Ô
    Years
  • Here are some of my phobia's:

Needles. I CANNOT stand them. It turned into a big fear when I had my blood drawn as a child.

Puke. Just everthing about it is disgusting...the smell, taste, look, sound...ugh.

Rollercoasters. I dont really fear heights, its just...scary. O_o

Tornados. I am facinated by them, but if I ever saw one in real life...I would freak. ><

My close family members/pets dying.

Creepy sounds in the middle of the night/in the dark.

Also, dogs running after me. I'm not scared of dogs, its just if they are chasing me...it brings back bad memories.
    When I was about 8, I was at a friends pool/birthday party. We were playing a big scavenger hunt game, and the time was almost up. My team of friends had found what we were looking for, but nobody was fast enough to make it to the house on time. I volunteered to go,being that I was the fastest. I began sprinting to the house, top speed, wearing my little bathing suit when the neighbors one-eyed dog came up and took a chunk out of my side. I was terrified. Because of the shock I just fell to the ground and my friends shooed the dog away. I wanted to go home afterwards, I was so shook up. -__-
    Now to this day if a dog I don't know very well chases after me, I will either scream like a made person or stop, pick up a stick and smack it like crazy.

After visiting the Grand Canyon, I developed some-what of a fear for heights. O_o
    But hey, anybody that has been there would be scared of falling off a cliff too...
    When I was there, I heard stories of kids who have fallen off the edges of those massive cliffs. And they were just messing around too. Scared the crap outta me, cause me and my family were taking these tours down the cliffs, on like 4ft wide trails, then a sheer drop off. No safety rails.
    Anybody who is deathly afraid of heights should never go there. Same with clumsy people.
    Its beautiful, but very dangerous.

Last edited:

Izy

Todas las dias.
    Years
  • oh man do you want to get me started?

i'm scared of not being secure
    I'm scared of really strong winds.
    I'm scared of being outside in the dark alone.
    I'm scared of being killed by not being able to breathe, thats why i freak out completely when someone's hands are anywhere near my neck.
    Agraphobia- look that up yourself.
    I'm scared of getting hurt.
    I'm scared of being blind
    I'm scared of not being able to control my limbs
    I'm scared of being made fun of..
    I'm scared for my bad heritage with the heart (does that count?)
    I'm scared of being wrong.
    and I'm scared of not being accepted.

That's a pretty long list..?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I have a huge fear of any types of insects. Even butterflies. That's all. There, I said it.

I dislike speaking in public, but I'm not afraid to death of it. Most people don't like it.

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • I used to be scared of injections. Wasn't a pain thing, it was a "this is gross" thing. Got over it though.

I don't like pennies, or any dirty smelly metals objects, especially small ones. Don't know why. I just think they are ****ing gross in every way. Copper is the worst, because of the vile smell and how it becomes discolored.

Obviously, I have to just deal with it cuz ya know... It's money, but I avoid small metal objects when I can.

Their location changes how I feel about them massively. For example, a safety pin on a desk is fine... if it's on a carpet or in a corner or in a tin with many other small objects (and potential dirt and bits of stuff forming in clumps in that space *shudder*) then I'd struggle to pick it up.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • New Phobia time!

- Big crowds - I can handle small crowds... sorta, but big crowds in Birmingham town center, I can't handle, I don't usually show it, because then I just hold everyone back. There are some people that I feel safe around, so I can be in town with people like Namine66 or Hideki, and be fine, because I trust them, so say i'm in town with Hideki, and it's just us two, i'm fine, but if I'm with another one of my friends, i'm not so okay with big crowds.

Oh and when I'm cosplaying, i'm fine in big crowds too xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back