• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Also note that there is no correlation between when you evolve a Poke and the stats it gains. Every Shroomish/Breloom follows the same pattern. The only difference is the IVs that it has and the EVs that you give it. Do note though, that the only way to get Spore onto a baby Shroomish is to have both the father AND the mother to know it. That means you have to raise another Shroomish to Lv54.

Lastly, Torkoal cannot learn Earthquake at all. Personally, I wouldn't use Torkoal at all, but it is your team.

Actually, for a pokemon to learn an egg move only the father has to know the move (how else can Salamence learn Hydro Pump by breeding with a male Kingdra), so don't bother training up another Shroomish unless your current one is female.

I assumed Torkoal learns earthquake because other Fire Pokemon such as Charizard and Blaziken can also learn it, and I think Magcargo can.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, for a pokemon to learn an egg move only the father has to know the move (how else can Salamence learn Hydro Pump by breeding with a male Kingdra), so don't bother training up another Shroomish unless your current one is female.

I assumed Torkoal learns earthquake because other Fire Pokemon such as Charizard and Blaziken can also learn it, and I think Magcargo can.
    Okay, you are confusing what Egg moves are. Egg moves are special moves that certain Pokes can ONLY learn through breeding. Since Spore is learned by Shroomish at Lv54, it is NOT an Egg move. Here is a list of the Egg moves that Shroomish can learn only through breeding:

Charm
    Fake Tears
    False Swipe
    Helping Hand
    Swagger

While it is true that Egg moves (and TM moves) can be passed on with only the father needing to know the move (as you said correctly in your Hydro Pump example), the only way a baby can be born with a learned move (i.e. Spore) is if BOTH parents know that move. So, in order to get a baby Shroomish with Spore, BOTH parents must know it.

As for the non-Earthquake Torkoal, I would be very careful assuming that just because one Poke of a certain type knows a certain move that all the others should too. That is rarely the case. For example, out of the 28 Fire-types in the game, only 7 of them can learn Earthquake.

I would either study the movepool of each Poke at www.smogon.com or I would download the extremely helpful offline program from www.metalkid.info like I have.

Obelisk

Toad Sage
    Years
  • i dont have ruby or sapphire but my emerald team is

Salamence Lv52
    Exploud lv59
    Swampert lv45
    Swellow Lv43
    Magneton Lv46
    Mightyyena Lv48

i have a bad tendancy to train certain pokemon more than others thats why there all on scattered levels

shadow_deoxys

International Lairon Tamer
    Years
  • Every PKMN Sapphire Pokemon I Own... Ever.

Heres every pokemon i own in pkmn sapphire. ever. in my pc as well.

in my party i got:

blaziken lv. 100
    umbreon lv. 81
    aggron lv. 67
    kyogre lv. 100
    misdreavus lv. 89
    castform lv. 23

in my pc:

bad egg lv. 0
    normal egg lv. 0
    another normal egg lv.0
    ????????? lv. 0
    persian lv. 34
    onix lv. 78
    umbreon lv. 44
    espeon lv. 78

Years
  • My Exellence

Mine rule!
    Seth(Sceptile) lvl 58
    Mursh(Swampert) lvl56
    Stu(combuscken) lvl72
    Golduck lvl75
    Lilly(Exploud) lvl66
    Lofty(Exploud) lvl76

beat that!!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Because, as she said, she wants you to be able to beat that team. A Gengar makes that entire team cry.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I have an in game only team worked out so far, but I can't think of what I don't have a counter to. I have an open spot, any advice on what I need? Movesets would be nice too, but it's no big deal.

Flygon
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    2 other moves I haven't decided on yet

Houndoom
    Crunch
    Flamethrower
    Again, missing 2 moves

Espeon
    Psybeam(more PP than Psychic, and you don't need all that power in the normal game)
    Shadow Ball(covers some weaknesses I think...)
    Calm Mind
    Undecided move

Sceptile
    Leaf Blade
    3 missing moves this time

Heracross
    I don't know what moves to use, I just want to finally use this little guy!

EDIT: And I can also get just about any pokemon out there, I'm using the rom hack Emerald ++.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Current Battle tournament/dome team
    Salamence
    Rock Slide
    Flamethrower
    Crunch
    Dragon Claw

Gengar
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Bolt
    Psychic
    Gigadrain

Metagross
    Thunder Punch
    Meteor Mash
    Explosion
    Psychic

I'll replace one of gengar's move with f punch if it can and maybe replace salamence afterward

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Fixes and suggestions in bold:
    I have an in game only team worked out so far, but I can't think of what I don't have a counter to. I have an open spot, any advice on what I need? Movesets would be nice too, but it's no big deal.

Flygon @ Choice Band / Shell Bell / Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: Max Atk, split HP and Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Quick Attack / Screech / Substitute
    - Rock Slide

- Earthquake

2 other moves I haven't decided on yet

Fire Blast over Dragon Claw to take out the Pokes that can resist your other attacks. Quick Attack is an Egg move, but great at finishing off weak Pokes, Screech and Substitute can also be very helpful.

Houndoom @ Leftovers
    Trait: Early Bird
    EVs: Max SAtk and Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Will-O-Wisp / Charm
    - Fire Blast

- Crunch

Again, missing 2 moves

Some will suggest the Sunny Day/Solarbeam combo, but I oppose that. Will-O-Wisp cuts physical hits in half and then adds burn damage. Charm is similar in nature, as it does cut the opponents Atk, but while it doesn't include a burn it is a move that it learns naturally. Sludge Bomb is a great Ludicolo counter.

Espeon @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: Balance HP, SDef, and Spd

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk) or Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Psychic
    - Substitute / Morning Sun[/b]
    - Calm Mind

Undecided move

NEVER use Psybeam over Psychic. Psybeam is only 65 AP while Psychic is 90 AP. In-game battles don't last long enough for PP to even be an issue. If you are that concerned about PP, then use 3 PP Up. An Espeon without Psychic is a very sad Espeon indeed. Instead of Shadow Ball (which is a physical attack), I would use Bite (which is a special attack) to take advantage of Espeon's MUCH higher base SAtk, which is twice as much as its base Atk (130 compared to a crappy 65). That said, I wouldn't use Bite either. You already have Houndoom as a great counter. I would go with Baton Pass and then either Substitute or Morning Sun in the last slot. Personally, I would use Gardevoir over Espeon, but it is your team.

Sceptile @ Leftovers
    Trait: Outgrow
    EVs: Max SAtk and Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Leech Seed
    - Thunderpunch
    - Substitute

- Leaf Blade

3 missing moves this time

The bad thing about Sceptile and Blaziken is that neither one can achieve their best moveset until well after the Weak5. Sceptile can be very effective once you get Thunderpunch. Leech Seed is an Egg move and Substitute is a Move Tutor move. This is precisely why Swampert has no equal.

Heracross @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: Max Atk and Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Brick Break / Rock Slide
    - Megahorn
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

I don't know what moves to use, I just want to finally use this little guy!

Stalkercross. Put this thing to sleep to heal HP and status, and then let Guts Trait kick in. When it attacks while asleep, this guy does TONS of damage.

EDIT: And I can also get just about any pokemon out there, I'm using the rom hack Emerald ++.
    Since you are cheating anyway, you might as well add Swampert since you are definitely needing it.

Swampert @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
    Trait: Torrent
    Evs: High HP and then balance Atk, Def, and SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam / Rock Slide
    - Rest / Protect
    - Surf / Hydro Pump / Curse

The best starter ever. A STAB Ground AND Water move on the same Poke is huge. Its typing is also the best in the game since you hardly see any Grass-types that can give you problems in-game. Swampert can take on the Weak5 by itself, without having to level it up higher than the Pokes you face there. Ice Beam also covers its only weakness. Rest allows it to tank better and Chesto Berry allows one free Rest, which is also huge.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Fixes and suggestions in bold:

Since you are cheating anyway, you might as well add Swampert since you are definitely needing it.

Swampert @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
    Trait: Torrent
    Evs: High HP and then balance Atk, Def, and SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam / Rock Slide
    - Rest / Protect
    - Surf / Hydro Pump / Curse

The best starter ever. A STAB Ground AND Water move on the same Poke is huge. Its typing is also the best in the game since you hardly see any Grass-types that can give you problems in-game. Swampert can take on the Weak5 by itself, without having to level it up higher than the Pokes you face there. Ice Beam also covers its only weakness. Rest allows it to tank better and Chesto Berry allows one free Rest, which is also huge.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not cheating though, I'm using a rom hack.
    https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75808
    You still have to catch them yourself.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    My Leafgreen team is as follows;

Raichu
    Dugtrip
    Mr. Mime
    Omastar
    Flareon
    Venusaur
    Skarmory
    Hitmontop

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    My Current LeafGreen Team:

Golem, Lvl 35.
    Rollout, Rock Smash, Magnitude, Strength.

Charizard, Lvl 56.
    Fly, Blast Burn, Dig, Slash.

Venusaur, Lvl 48.
    Razor Leaf, Cut, Leech Seed, Frenzy Plant.

Raichu, Lvl 46.
    Thunderbolt, Thunder, Quick Attack, Flash.

Blastoise, Lvl 49.
    Hydro Cannon, Rain Dance, Surf, Bite.

And

Zapdos, Lvl 51.
    Thunder Wave, Agility, Fly, Drill Peck.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2012
    i may b new here but my ruby team is Sceptile Whiscash Hariyama Riachu Rayquaza and Swellow

2 of them are lvl 100 (Scept and Whis) (No cheats)

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    For travelling, I'm using:
    -Charizard
    -Weepinbell
    -Raichu
    -Chansey
    -Haunter
    -Lapras

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back