• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
    Greninja
    Charizard
    Mewtwo (if we get)
    Gengar
    Gardevoir
    Garchomp

this will be epic

@ DualBlade : where did you see stats? :O

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    team so far is the same as my sig but furfrous spot is more of a test spot and will be trying other pokemon for fun

Years
    Well actually my 6 favorite pokemon..

-Greninja (First time I'll get a water starter)
    -Charizard (Do I even need to explain this?)
    -Pangoro (This dude looks badass. Even his previous form is)
    -Pyroar (Litleo is awesome and so is this. A big fire cat. I'm sold)
    -Doublade
    -Meowstic (Cat.)

Years
    It's gotta be Fennekin for my starter and I am definitely having Pancham after reading about it in the Pokémon magazine!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    This will undoubtedly change when all Pokemon are revealed, along with their base stats, but for now:
    Spoiler:

It'll be weird not having a Psychic Pokemon in my team, but I'm sure I'll live.

Draqonite

Draco Meteor?
    Years
    My team so far:

Grass/Fighting Chesnaught
    Fire/Flying Charizard
    Fairy Sylveon
    Water/Poison Dragalge
    Steel/Ghost Aegislash
    Ice/Rock Aurorus

Im still waiting to see more new pokemon..and im still not sure about Dragalge..its between him and Noivern

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
    Charizard (Fire/Flying)
    Meowstic female (Psychic)
    Klefki (Steel/Fairy)
    Goodra (Dragon)
    Aurorus (Ice/Rock)

Going by just looking at them really - I shall wait to see movesets/base stats and whether Klefki evolves or has good enough stats already though before making a proper decision. I could do with a water type, but I don't like look of Bincale, Clauncher or Skrelp so I guess it depends which previous generations are avaible. Or maybe we'll be lucky and Goodra/Aurorus will miraculously be able to use surf and have good enough Sp. Atk to justify it haha, else I might actually have to pick Squirtle/Greninja because it's a real pain not having a water type for your team (which happens each playthrough on Black/White unless I pick Oshawott).

Years
    I plan on using the Torchic given during the event. I love Blaziken!
    My team so far:
    1) Torchic
    2) Froakie
    3) Charmander or Bulbasaur (I'm more leaning towards Bulbasaur because I don't want two fire types. Also, Mega Venasaur has Thick Fat)
    4) Honedge
    5) Tyrunt
    6) Malamar/Meowstic

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    My team is set! Can't wait till Saturday!

Fennekin - Selene
    Skrelp - Whisko
    Mawile - Alyse
    Pancham - Zhang
    Goomy - Gooper
    Phantump - Salix

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    This is the toughest generation for me to decide. Part of me wants to play through the game using only Gen 6 Pokemon, and another part of me wants to use some of the older ones...

Help! xD

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
    Charizard (Y) (Fire/Flying)- If you know me, no explanation needed.

Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)- I've always liked the typing but have used neither Breloom nor Virizion. This presents me with the perfect opportunity to try it out.

Lapras (Water/Ice)- My favorite non starter Water type so if its available, I've gotta use it, no questions asked.

Ampharos (Electric)- As of Gen 4, my favorite Electric Type. In my initial Heart Gold let's play, it was hands down, my most reliable Pokemon. Enough so that I dropped my Sceptile to keep it on my main Generation 4 team.

Espeon (Psychic)- My favorite Eevee-lution and if I get the opportunity to use one, I'll use it.

Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)- Recently took over for Tyranitar as my favorite Psuedo- Legendary. Do I even have to try and justify this choice?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2013
    So the leaks have changed my mind, now it's:
    -Greninja (Water/Dark)
    -Goodra (Dragon)
    -Gourgeist/Trevenant (Ghost/Grass)
    -Aegislash (Steel/Ghost)
    -Carbink/Florges/Sylveon/(Klefki*) (Fairy)
    -Vivillion (Bug/Flying)

Whenever slashes are used it means whichever is easier to get.
    So, I think it's balanced, it could do without the saturation on Ghost types but seeing as I'm basing my team on looks rather than stats, abilities and moves it should work out fine (not to mention I really want to try my hand at fighting with Aegislash's ability)

*Fairy/Steel

Serperion

The Fallen King
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    So considering the apparent Regional Pokedex

- Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
    - Houndoom (Fire/Dark)
    - Pidgeot (Normal/Flying)
    - Aegislash (Steel/Ghost)
    - Dragalge (Water/Poison)
    - Mamoswine (Ice/Ground)

Got the Grass-Water-Fire Trio + a flyer, special and physical

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Chesnaught

Charizard X

Malamar

Skrelp

Aurorus

Excadrill (Golurk if he's not available)

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
    I would like to use an Eevee and Dedenne but I plan on having it a go at random this time!
    I did take a look at all the new Pokémon pics being shown etc but I tried to skip over all the other information as I want to explore it for myself. : )
    As such I don't really know which Pokémon are where etc so I will just take them as they come.
    So I guess for now it's only Fennekin! :3 (Although I do hope to bump into the Butterfly early in the game.)

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    If only Kalos
    Chesnaught
    Babaracle
    Dragalgae
    Pyroar
    Trevanant
    GOODRA
    GOOGOOGOO

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    My current attempt to pretend I have any idea how my team is going to turn out.

Delphox [Fire/Psychic]
    Mawile [Steel/Fairy]
    Gourgeist [Grass/Ghost]
    Malamar [Dark/Psychic]
    Hawlucha [Fighting/Flying]
    Dragalge [Poison/Dragon]

I really like Dragalge even though I'm getting X so I'll likely attempt to get him through the gts. Gourgeist is dependant on it's other forms. I'm also kinda excited at the prospect of not having a water type on my team. Literally every single team I've had has had a water type on it.

Pretty sure come the 12th this will all go out the window.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Greninja and Gengar are now confirmed for my Pokemon Y team. For my Pokemon X team, I'll have Delphox and possibly Pangoro.

I'm also considering Clawitzer, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Florges, Gourgeist, Trevenant, Tyrantrum, and Flygon.

Back