• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
  • Chespin
    Helioptile
    Clauncher (Or another Water type)
    Swirlix
    ???
    ???

I'll get the other two as I play the game. I'll probably include a Fire type, but I don't know about the other.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Well from what we've got so far;

- Froakie [Final evo]
    - Vivillon
    - Malamar
    - Swirlix [Final evo]
    - Maybe Oorotto
    - ?????

The things that could change are; if Oorotto's typing sucks or its base stats are bad I won't use it, as with Vivillon's base stats. If everything about the two is bad then I'll just use 3 more new ones, none from the currently released though.

Although that's just my team for X; as for Y;

- Fennekin [Final evo]
    - Malamar [idc i wanna use it twice]
    - Spritzee [Final evo]
    - Helioptile [Final evo]
    - Flabébé [Final evo]
    - ??????

This is providing those Pokemon get evolutions; I'm certain Swirlix and Spritzee will and most likely Helioptile. idk about Flabébé though.

Wait so you're getting both games? How are you going to play them? One at a time or both at the same time-ish? lol I think that'd be a Pokemon overload for me haha.

My team will probably look something like this at some point:
    Fennekin
    Pancham/Pangoro
    Noivern
    Inkay/Malamar
    Fletchling/Talonflame
    Spritzee

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • The only ones I'm considering among the revealed Pokémon are Fennekin and Malimar. I have a feeling the strongest Pokémon haven't been shown yet.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Having to pick a team of six:

Malamar
    Fennekin [Final evo]
    Helioptile [Final evo]
    Clauncher [Final evo]
    Flabebe [Final evo]
    Gogoat

In order of certainty from most certain to least certain. I love Malamars design so I'm hoping to get him on my team no matter what. Gogoat likely won't be in my team, it's just filler right now. I was sure about Flabebe but it could be a little iffy. It depends on if Spritzee evolves into a Fairy/Poison plague doctor....or if Mawile evolves into a Steel/Fairy.

It'll depend on what old pokemon return too though, I'll probably want one old pokemon I've never used before.

You know, I could probably get away without having a water type this gen....since Malamar will probably learn surf because of it's origin. Could be interesting, I can't remember a playthrough where I didn't have a water type.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • I'm gonna wait until I see all of the new pokemon, there are too many good pokemon to choose...

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Chespin and Fletchling are the only 2 I've decided on, although the former may change depending on final evolutions.

EJ Nero

Water forever
    Years
  • I can't even tell you right now. Too many pokemon not yet revealed. I'll make my team once I see the full pokedex, which won't be until the game's release.

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
    Years
  • 1. Chespin -----> whatever the heck it evolves into. This is a change for me, because I've always been dedicated to the water starter, but I thought it was time for a bit of change.
    2. Pancham (The new Lucario! XD) ----> Pangoro
    3. Fletchling --------> Talonflame (yes it may seem pointless, but Talonflame is very similar to the Peregrine Falcon, which is my favorite animal :) )
    4. Gogoat - for traveling
    5. Helioptile
    6. Inkay ------> Malamar (Uh, ultimate will-bending powers? Sweet! I'm thinkin' the new Gengar!)

This team will obviously change as more Pokes are released.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Having to pick a team of six:

Malamar
    Fennekin [Final evo]
    Helioptile [Final evo]
    Clauncher [Final evo]
    Flabebe [Final evo]
    Gogoat

In order of certainty from most certain to least certain. I love Malamars design so I'm hoping to get him on my team no matter what. Gogoat likely won't be in my team, it's just filler right now. I was sure about Flabebe but it could be a little iffy. It depends on if Spritzee evolves into a Fairy/Poison plague doctor....or if Mawile evolves into a Steel/Fairy.

It'll depend on what old pokemon return too though, I'll probably want one old pokemon I've never used before.

You know, I could probably get away without having a water type this gen....since Malamar will probably learn surf because of it's origin. Could be interesting, I can't remember a playthrough where I didn't have a water type.

Don't be so sure. Eelektross is an aquatic Pokémon and can't learn Surf.

BTW Malimar should already be the final stage.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    This will most likely be completely different once the games come out, but as of now my team will look like this:
    - Chespin
    - Flabebe
    - Talonflame
    - Clauncher/Skrelp
    - Malamar
    - Helioptile

The starter really depends on the final evolution for me. With Unova's starters I was dead-set on choosing Tepig until the evolutions were revealed and I did a complete 180 and went for the much better (in my opinion) Oshawott line.
    Flabebe is my favorite Fairy type so far, and hopefully it evolves well. If it doesn't I may go for Swirlix/Spritzee, all depending on evolutions. If I dislike all of their evo's I'll probably go for a retconned Fairy.
    Talonflame seems like an awesome fire and flying type, and I like it a lot better than Litleo.
    I like Clauncher and Skrelp pretty much equally, so whichever one I choose will likely depend on the version I play which will also depend on their evolutions.
    Malamar looks awesome, and Inkay is just so adorable (not to mention their awesome typing!) so as long as their stats match my play style they will likely be on my team.
    Not really sure about Helioptile, though it seems promising.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Fennekin
    Skrelp
    Maika
    Honedge
    Gogoat
    Noivern

....so far but i think i'll have trouble deciding on just 6 this gen.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Great topic idea!

- Honedge
    - Noivern
    - Talonflame
    - Skrelp
    - Malamar
    - Pangoro

This should make great type synergy both offensively and defensively.

norbyotter

Victory Starling
    Years
  • Hmm well, I'll do the same; using gen 6 pokes only for in-game stuff.

As always, with my first run, I'll go more with the looks than the stats for my party! But I'll change it up if some Pokemon really doesn't cut it for me xD

1- Chespin, evos.
    2- Helioptile, evos.
    3- Litleo, evos.
    4- Sylveon.
    5- Honedge, and it's evos if it has any, for sure.
    6- Pancham, maybe... I don't like Pangoro at all, but I love Pancham's design ;w;

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I totally read this title as "Pokemon X and Y Partying So Far" and was severely confused.

As of now, I'm thinking Chespin, Clauncher, and Malamar. The other three are still up for debate. I have no idea what I'll fill them with, but hopefully it won't require an HM Slave seeing as they weren't totally necessary last generation. I'd definitely prefer to get a Fire type (Maybe Talonflame, but I'm not sure), an Electric type, and for the third one it'd pretty much be a wild card.

Years
  • Hmm... I will update this each reveal, as always, but for now this is my plan.

Spoiler:

Tentative Line-up:
    jzf3.png

Back