• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

Years
  • Noivern, Talonflame and Pangoro so far... I'm waiting for the starter evo's to be revealed before I make any further moves.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I really never have a full team planned out but this time I already have some I'm considering. I'm thinking of have either Fennekin or Chespin as my starter and Talonflame and Pangoro. If I pick Fennekin I might also have Gogoat as a Grass type. My starter choice depends on which has the better final evolution. The rest of the team depends on what Pokemon are revealed next or which previous Pokemon are in the game. If some previous gen Pokemon that I really like are in the game I might use them. I really like having mixed generation teams.

Years
  • This is my planned team at this point, may change upon further reveals:

- Froakie (gotta have Water starter as always lol)
    - Helioptile (Or maybe Malamar if my thoughts change)
    - Sylveon (or Swirlix, I want to give the Fairy-type a shot)
    - A Flying-type (Talonflame's type doesn't appeal to me so I'm hoping a good one gets revealed)
    - A Fire-type (Maybe Litleo but I'm not sure)
    - A Grass-type (Again, waiting for a good Grass Pokemon)

I'm still continuing my usual triangle of the three starter types present in my team, although since I'll eventually get both versions I might give some other Pokemon a shot in my other version. My main version is not decided until all version exclusives are revealed. Now that team listed above is assuming I use a 6th Gen-only team, but using old Pokemon wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I have no idea what my partying will be. For my game run through I usually just catch different type diversities and Pokemon that appeal to me. As for my competitive team, this is a different story since w/ this new type coming out, I will have to see what pairs best/worst with it so I can maintain a solid team.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I only really know one thing about my party right now. I won't be using a starter pokémon due to how disappointing gen 5's starters where.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Let's see. I will most definitely have Pangoro and Talonflame as they are my two favorite of the ones revealed. I am also thinking of Honedge because I love swords. I am not into competitive battling so I usually only have pokemon I like.

I will probably switch between a lot of pokemon though. I think I used 10 to 15 different pokemon in Black and White. I love basically every pokemon this generation that has been shown.

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • For me, it's too early to plan my team since I don't think there is enough Pokemon revealed, but if anything, I'll travel through Kalos catching new generation Pokemon only (with the exception of Eevee, because I want a Sylveon).
    Sylveon.png

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Chespin
    pangoro
    swirlix
    litleo
    novierion and
    sylveon are my team so far

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    I think for my first run, I would want to use a team of only Gen VI Pokemon. This'll probably change as time goes on, but right now, my team will be:
    ~ Chespin (I always get the Grass starter. ^_^)
    ~ Spritzee (Gotta have a Fairy!)
    ~ Vivillon (I need a Bug)
    ~ Clauncher (It's super-cute and I really really hope its evo(s) get Electric as well)
    ~ Malamar (Dark/Psychic squid? YES PLEASE!)
    ~ Oorotto (Don't know it's typing yet, but it looks badass, so why not? :D)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The only one I'm set on is Noivern.
    Starter? I don't tend to use those, but Fennekin does have some appeal (which has admittedly lessened since I saw Talonflame).
    As for the Eevee we will obviously receive, I might actually evolve it into Vaporeon if I can, or even not evolve it. I don't dislike Sylveon, I just expected it would be Normal.

The idea of doing a pure first generation team appeals in this day and age, but I doubt that'd be possible with the monsters I'd want to use (ie. ones I never have before) until post-game.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I'm gonna go ahead and say no I don't have a party planned, but I would like someday to have pancham (i don't remember so just the panda guy) and Grovyle in the same team double-battling that **** out

but…you know, I'll see what I like for looks before I really decide, as that's pretty much the only thing that I really mind about my Pokémon.

Draqonite

Draco Meteor?
    Years
  • Got your team for Pokemon X and Y?

So i know that not all the pokemon have been leaked yet or there stats but based on their appearance and your preferences, which 6 pokemon would you be getting?

There are mine:

-Chespin
    -Sylveon
    -Helioptile
    -Noivern
    -Bunnelby
    -Pancham

I like clauncher..but since im probably getting Y, then it might be a little difficult getting him.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Maybe clauncher will be like petilil and cottonee where you can trade one for the other?

Froakie
    Noivern
    Helioptile
    Talonflame/Litleo(can't decide)
    Malamar
    Pangoro

Years
  • Not exactly. I still want to see what other Pokemon will be announced because I don't like all of the announced Pokemon. I do have a few Pokemon in mind though. Might as well make a list. Not a full party, but just a few Pokemon. :3

Starter/First Party Member - Fennekin
    Second Party Member - Malamar
    Third Party Member - Lucario

I assume that Lucario will me available in the game, because it has a Mega Evolution. If not, then I will have to make another decision. That's all I have thought of right now. More will probably come later on. I also like having more than just 6 main Pokemon. I usually like to switch them out when they're not useful for something in the PC that is useful. :3

Years
  • I'm not trying to be a mean party-pooper (pun not intended), but why not just wait until the game is released? We barely even know much about what Pokemon will be on the Kalos Pokedex. Talk about jumping the gun.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Usually on my first playthrought I choose random pokemon to be on my team. This time around I might save a spot for Pancham, he's just too awesome.

Years
  • A bit premature, don't you think? Yes, I'm sure people may have a few picked out, but there's a lot more to be revealed. You might change your mind once you see what else we have to choose from. I will say this though, I'm pretty sure I will be using Fennekin, unless it's final evolutions are bad. (Seeing as we don't even have that much yet, I'd be willing to bet everybody's choices will change)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Not yet. All I know is that I am going to start with Fennekin because I always chose a Fire Starter the first time I play through. I also want to have Dedenne on my team (just hoping it isn't too weak) because Electric is my favorite type and I also want to have a Fairy type on my team.

Back