• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

Years
  • Only putting first versions but will have them evolved:

Chespin/Charmander
    Inkay/Pancham
    Noivern/Litleo
    Fletchling/Honedge
    Helioptile/Skiddo
    Skrelp/Meowstic

Am getting both versions and am (evidently) having a tough time choosing a team but it will be made from a combination of these 12 (subject to change from other kalos pokemon being found)

Last edited:

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Instead of a team of 6 i am going to cath every pokémon i come across and will probbally swith pokémon. I may go with lots of fire-type pokemon because i want mega-charizard and mega-Blaziken and of course i want fennekin. Because mega-charizard will have drought it would be cool to have a full fire team.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Fennekin->Braixen->???
    Litleo->Pyroar♂
    Tyrunt->Tyrantrum
    Meowstic♂
    Fletchling->Talonflame
    Pancham->Pangoro

That is my team I have planned out I will then after the E4 bring in my All gen team which is.

Charizard/Eevee
    Houndoom
    Mightyena
    Luxray
    Braviary/Carracosta (for fly and surf)
    Pangoro/Tyrantrum/Mewostic

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    Im not quit sure yet because I have to have an HM slave in there somewhere because I know I will never use them again. Soo lets see..
    1.Fennekin
    2.Bulbasaur
    3.Tyrant/Aura (Most likely tyrant
    4.HM Slave
    5.Fletchling (Only if there is no way for me to transfer over my pidgey, havnt used that guy in a long time)
    6.Random Pokemon(Probably something rideable actually Im not sure yet.)

Typhon

'sup
    Years
  • I'm planning on using the Torchic from the event.

It's probably gonna be:

-Froakie
    -Bulbasaur
    -Torchic
    -Some unrevealed Pokémon
    -A dragon, preferably from Kalos
    -And Swirlix, depending on it's type.

It's the first time I'm going for three starters, so this is gonna be awesome.

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • Definitely going to nuzlocke my first run through the game, so I don't really have a choice on what my team will be. I'll surely be picking Froakie for my starter, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2013
    1. Braixen
    2. Mega Blastoise
    3. Furfrou (If male, orange hair - If female, pink hair)
    4. Doublade
    5. Sylveon
    6. Tyrantrum

Possible Switches: Oorotto, Noivern, Pangoro, Mega Blaziken
    Just imagine "Possible Switches" isn't here. Pokemon either made it into my team or didn't. My 1-6 are my final cut (for current reveals). I only added possible switches for those who wonder why their favorite didn't make the list or wonder who came in "2nd Place".

EDIT: This is a "Dream Team" while my first post is my practical team.
    In a perfect world this would be my team assuming my hopes come through in regards of move-sets and such.

1. Lead: Furfrou.
    Male, groomed to have Orange-Diamond fur. If I could imagine a move-set for my star Pokemon, I would be practical and go with:

Extremespeed
    Thunder Wave?
    Stealth Rock?
    Toxic? / Spore?

2. Starter: Braixen (Final Evolution)
    Female. I choose Braixen because Fire/Psychic? Yes please. Her move-set can be generic to her typing. She will be my "bad b*tch" and destroy anything I come across.

3. Mega: Lucario (assuming you can only have one mega, this is speculation)
    Male. OMG this guy will be a BOSS in the meta-game.

4. Misc. Pokemon: Doublade
    He is just one of my favorites, it's that simple

5. Fossil: Tyrantrum
    Male. I've been waiting on a T-Rex Pokemon since generation 3 I think? It's been a long time coming guys and gals.

6. Eeveelution: Sylveon (assuming there isn't a secret dragon or poison type Eevee coming!)
    Female. This also serves a my new Fairy-Type. This last slot may be changed out for my Kanto starter/mega. Which will be Mega Blastoise if this is the case

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    I have recently discovered that I hate training 2-3 pokemon, let alone 6.
    So, there's a revisal:

• Braixen's evolution
    • Tyrantum
    • Honedge

Dedenne

The Antenna Pokémon
    Years
  • 5 normal Dedennes
    and 1 level 100 shiny Dedenne which is more special than anything in the Kalos region.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • My Y team:

1. Bulbasaur/Gogoat/Chesknight (?)

Depends if the rumor about your nicer rival giving you thee final starter evo is true

2. Fennekin

I'm choosing Serena, and Fennekin's the only starter that suits her.

3. Squirtle/Frouge (?)

Same as 1.

4. Sylveon

One of the new Fairy types that stood out for me.

5. Honedge

In need of a Steel type from those Sneaky Pebbles.

6. Noiverne/Tyrantrum

Depends on their base stats, especially Tyrantrum's.

Years
  • Okay so I made this thread 2 months ago, and yet my team I made back then hasn't changed much:

2 MONTHS AGO
    -Fennekin
    -Helioptile
    -Sylveon
    -Noivern
    -Pangoro
    -Malamar

NOW
    -Braixen (Definitely)
    -Helioptile (Definitely)
    -Sylveon (Definitely)
    -Tyrantrum
    -Noivern
    -Malamar

But I REALLY want to try out these Pokemon too: Pyroar, Talonflame, Doublade(only if it's speed interest me) Meowstik, Bunnelby, Pangoro, Swirlix, Vivillon and Frogadier. You can probably already guess it but I love fast Pokemon, as much as I'd like to start with Froakie I just couldn't forgive myself if I didn't choose the fire starter. :3 I'll probably go with Froakie on my second playthrough.

There's just so many Pokemon I want to use!! I'll probably do what I do in every Pokemon game and train every Pokemon that perks my interest. Whenever I do that, I tend subconsciously stop training them all and focus on my favourite 6, like I'm choosing my team without even knowing it XD.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury
    Years
  • My team will probably be this:

Braixen or Frogadier (I like both of them)
    Talonflame (for sure)
    Pangoro (for sure)
    Gogoat (for sure)
    Sylveon
    Doublade (for sure)

Draqonite

Draco Meteor?
    Years
  • Mine is
    1.Chespin
    2.Charmanderr
    3.Sylveon
    4.Helioptile
    5.Noivern
    6.Aurorus

Ive got a questiong for you guys.are you guys planning on EV training this teams? I thinks that i will EV train this team for the story mode if the Super Training makes the process quicker :) But i dont know..do you guys usually train these teams for the story mode ?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't really like planning teams for new gens, especially when we haven't seen everything yet (which is the case right now), but I do know that I will be taking Fennekin as my starter and I'll definitely have a Sylveon and Doublade. Some potential team members are Pangoro and Aurorus. I'll be skipping out on old Pokemon completely. I always play new games for the first time with a complete team of 6 new Pokemon. Gotta see what I like, right? I already know what I like from gens I-V.

Years
  • Ive got a questiong for you guys.are you guys planning on EV training this teams? I thinks that i will EV train this team for the story mode if the Super Training makes the process quicker :) But i dont know..do you guys usually train these teams for the story mode ?

Hell yeah! Knowing me by the time everyones up to the Elite Four I'll still be resetting for a Timid Fennekin...I'm never satisfied with my team unless they're the best of the best, moves, nature, IV's and EV's wise. I plan on NOT looking at Serebii until I finish the game, which is gonna be a little tough because I won't know who learns what, or if someones better at being a tank or sweeper and such. But, that's what makes it fun right?

Well the rumour said it takes about 2 hours to fully EV train one stat using Super Training...which when you think about it kinda sucks...You could probably max one stat by battling wild Pokemon for 2 hours, plus you get the EXP.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'm not going to have a pre-planned team. I'm just going to start my adventure, catch as many Pokemon as I can, and use the ones that I like the most. I like things to be a surprise, so I play like this. It's more exciting and 'new' when you don't really know anything about the games.

Sirfetch’d

My team for X&Y has changed countless times and I won't have a team until I actually play the games and see what Pokemon and when I encounter them. However, if I had to pick a team of the currently released Pokemon my team would go as followed:

-Chespin
    -Honedge
    -Swirlix
    -Amaura
    -Litleo
    -Pancham

I feel like this is a balanced team that would have great success. I picked each and everyone of these Pokemon based on my love for their designs because I don't care about stats in-game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Only pokemon I know for sure will be in my team is Tyrantrum. He is by far the awesomest fossil pokemon and my favorite VI pokemon.

Still can't decide between the starters but Frogadier is my favorite ATM but it will probably change after their final evolutions are revealed.

1. Tyrantrum(I put him first, because the others might change)
    2. Frogadier
    3. Pyroar
    4. Doublade
    5. .........
    6. ...........

Back