• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Reaction: IF there were no new megas in Sun and Moon

NightmareClown

NightmareClown
Years
  • I would not be that upset if there was no Megan's in this game. but if they do have new Megan's I would like to see a return for zorark and make a mega out of that... Or give the eeveelutions all Megas! MEGA UMBREON! Sounds good to me.

I mean Mega's

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • It would be really neat if they gave mega forms to some less popular/more forgettable/not as relevant Pokémon. So far, a good deal of the megas belong to Pokémon that are either fan favorites or already powerful enough (or, in some cases, actual legendaries and pseudolegendaries.)

There are some exceptions, like Abomasnow and Ampharos, but the Pokémon that really need them are ones like Maractus, Garbodor and Luvdisc who really are practically never used by anybody.

Don't forget Lopunny, she became great with her Mega.

But yes, I do agree with you that I'm hoping for more "underpowered" Pokemon to get Megas since there's been tons of fanservice with most of the Megas so far. Plus, we know how broken some are to the point they are in Ubers.

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
    Years
  • I wouldn't really care. I'm not into the meta-game of Pokémon so it makes no difference to me. I'm more interested in actually being able to complete my national dex or at least fill out a substantial amount of entries without having to pull out my older games and hardware and catch + transfer them through. It's ballache.

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
  • I think I speak for everyone here, when I say "dunsparce"
    needs a mega evolution....

so strong, so dunsparce....

I feel that either way, I am going to be left yearning.... for that just right mega evolution....

Last edited:

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • I'd be quite disappointed if there were no new megas.

Since they set the trend of giving the starters new megas, I've been really looking forward to a mega serperior, and while that might not happen this generation, I definitely want more.

Personally, I want one for Jumpluff, Sunflora, and other unpopular or weak pokemon. Although I do want mega flygon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2016
    I would be totally disappointed, if there were no more Megas.

I'm still having a lot of fun with the current Megas, because I love the animation of evolving into a Mega.

Besides, I still didn't try every Mega in online-fights.

There are still a lot of forgotten Pokémon who are in urgent need of a Mega, just to be remembered again or because they're weak.

I would be absolutely satisfied about a Mega Skarmory, Mega Staraptor or Mega Weavile (because it's featured in Pokémon Tekken without Mega).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Going back on last Sunday's show. When asked about Mega, apparently Mega Weavile and Mega Greninja were said, however, I am not 100% sure as I do not know Japanese. Masuda didn't say anything though.

As for pokemon that need one, most pokemon that need one, need an evolution. Dunsparce needs at least 1 normal evolution before a Mega, as he would be a useless Mega compared to others. Most Megas, if not all, have a 600+ Base Stats after Megalution. Dunsparce only as 415 currently, so even if he had a Mega, he would still be useless.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Going back on last Sunday's show. When asked about Mega, apparently Mega Weavile and Mega Greninja were said, however, I am not 100% sure as I do not know Japanese. Masuda didn't say anything though.

As for pokemon that need one, most pokemon that need one, need an evolution. Dunsparce needs at least 1 normal evolution before a Mega, as he would be a useless Mega compared to others. Most Megas, if not all, have a 600+ Base Stats after Megalution. Dunsparce only as 415 currently, so even if he had a Mega, he would still be useless.
    Yeah, it'll end up like or worse than Mega Audino if they it one now.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Megas don't hurt the meta-game, they improve it by making lousy Pokemon viable again. I want to see megas given out sparingly to Pokemon that need them.

That means no mega Flygon.

I know what you're thinking, but Flygon doesn't need a mega evolution. At least, not nearly as badly as Pokemon like Dunsparce do. It's just the truth. Mega Lucario, and mega Garchomp shouldn't have existed.

How do they improve it??? Mega Kangaskhan is proof that even shit Pokemon can become extremely broken. I honestly don't want another case like this so I prefer improving bad Pokemon with better move pools and small stat increases.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Dealing with Mega Kanga is not so simple as using Ghost and/or Fighting types. I normally do not have a strong opinion on bans and what's broken/not broken, but Mega Kangaskhan is one thing that definitely must stay in Ubers.

Megas do help some Pokemon become competitively viable, or less shit at least. Zard, Lopunny, Venusaur, Manectric, Altaria, Gallade, Gardevoir, etc, are all examples of crap Pokemon that became good but not completely stupid via Mega Evolution. The problem is that Game Freak, as one would expect, is not remotely consistent with making megas balanced. Gengar most certainly did not need a mega, it was already very good and just kept getting better every generation, and then they gave it a mega with the aids ability known as Shadow Tag. Mewtwo was already a powerful Pokemon and did not need a mega evolution, let alone two. Mega Rayquaza is like whyyyyyyyy. Then you have 'mons like Tyranitar and Garchomp that were already good pokes and did not need a mega, but got one anyway but then their megas aren't worth using a lot of the time. Even worse is stuff like Audino, who is still shit despite having a mega.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Mega Kangaskhan can be countered by ghost type Pokemon and Fighting type Pokemon just fine. Not nearly as toxic as Pokemon like Gothitelle, which don't even have a mega evolution.

As for small changes, not practical. No way you could ever make regular old Kangaskhan viable with a new move or a bit more power. Megas are older Pokemons' only shot at being used again.

Kangaskhan used Sucker Punch! It's super effective! The foe's ghost-type fainted! And your fighting-type goes down to Return.

Also take Flygon for example: if GF gave it Dragon Dance for example, it'd have a niche over Garchomp in that it could sweep at late-game, and unlike Zygarde it'd get a move that would crush steels like Ferrothorn in Fire Blast. Better than a mega that'd likely be outclassed by regular Chomp, knowing them.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I heard they're adding Burst Evolution!
    I've always wanted to be a pokemon...

No. It is a rumor that people keep spreading. And it is so stupid of an idea. We do not need humans to become pokemon. That would probably be the dumbest idea ever and possibly be the end of me liking pokemon period. Ash Greninja is fine, but we don't need pokemon to turn into digimon. That is one of the main thing that keep pokemon and digimon separate. Not to mention that the manga that it came out in completely failed. It is just a terrible idea and the idea needs to die and burn and the deepest pits of the underworld.

Years
  • I'd be more surprised than anything. Maybe a little disappointed, because I really want megas of the Johto and Sinnoh starters, as well as Arcanine, Ninetails, and Luxray. Mostly I've come to accept that Megas are the replacement for evolutions, with the exception of Eevee. I don't see why they would remove Megas, considering that they were relatively well recieved and made a decent addition to the Meta game. The only way I could see this happening is if they replaced Mega evolution with something else, which I at least see as a bad idea.

Back