• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your reaction when you first saw pokemon

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I saw the anime on TV while we were on vacation when I was about six years old. I thought it was pretty cool, but didn't really obsess over it until I got my first game.

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
    Years
  • I wanted to be like the cool kids and they all had Pokemon cards. So I bought those and then that summer (I was in third grade) my mom bought me a Game Boy Pocket and Pokemon Red version... and I was hooked!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • First Pokemon I saw was Pikachu and I thought it was from South Park so I disliked it.

Then saw the series on TV one day and became hooked. XD; Well, sorta. I remember having a bad dream after the Beedrill ep that I can still vividly remember to this day but THAT'S OKAY.

Heart

/////♥\\\\\
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    Well the games are very interesting and quite addictive, when I watched the anime, I was impress like that and amazed. :O

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    "I'm never getting into that. Tamagotchi ftw!"

My, how the tables have turned.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    For some reason, I always hated it when it was a fad in my school (surprisingly, that fad didn't last that long). I was always sick of people talking about Pokemon all day. I hated it with a passion for some reason. Sometime later that year (which was about 10 years ago...wow), I saw my cousin playing Yellow. It looked interesting, so I asked if I could play it. Since then, I've been hooked on the games. I have absolutely no idea how I started watching the anime. The funny thing is, my cousin no longer likes Pokemon.

Back