• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen your starter follows you?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    ..honestly, when I saw the video. I was shocked, I suggested this, and now it's in! I'm just hoping now that all Pokemon will be able to follow you! was anybody else surprised by this? I just want the game even more! :)

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
    Years
    I'd say that not all your Pokemon follow you around, but then what would happen with your Starter in the PC? I don't think it's necessarily you Starter, but the first Pokemon in your team.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Well, what I think on what'll happen is that your starter Pokémon would follow you around on your journey, and only the starter would be out of the Pokéball. However, if one ever chooses to put his/her starter into the PC. The starter won't follow him/her anymore.

Years
    I thought it was so cute when I first saw it. I was all "awww." :) Regardless of whether or not it follows you the entire time, or if it's just on the way to see Mr. Pokemon, I'm happy. Though, I have a feeling it just might follow you the whole game even when it evolves. That would be so funny. "Oh yeah...you don't look so tough" when you have a Feraligatr standing right behind you. lol Then, you destroy their pokemon, and they're like "I wish I could take your pokemon, but I lost." Then they run away. (I know those aren't the exact words, but it's something to that effect.)

Hypothetically, they do return to Kanto, and they let you choose a Kanto Starter, I would like to see Squirtle out of its Pokeball.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I thought it was so cute when I first saw it. I was all "awww." :) Regardless of whether or not it follows you the entire time, or if it's just on the errand to see Mr. Pokemon, I'm happy. Though, I have a feeling it just might follow you the whole game even when it evolves. That would be so funny. "Oh yeah...you don't look so tough" when you have a Feraligatr standing right behind you. lol Then, you destroy their pokemon, and they're like "I wish I could take your pokemon, but I lost." Then they run away. (I know those aren't the exact words, but it's something to that effect.)
    IIRC a rocket grunt goes to you heh you're just a kid you don't look so tough. Really now. What do you have to say about my Typhlosion! @_@

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I've missed this feature in Pokemon games since Yellow <_<

It'd be glorious to have my beloved Chatot following me around! :D

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
    Probably not going to let you have ALL pokemon follow you. It'd be weird having a huge steelix walking around with you. I'm also hoping that if the pokemon you chose (if you can) to follow you is water, is that it swims along with you.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    LOL.. Steelix following you.... Or even as big as a Wailord following you (How's that?)

Haha... What is this, Pokemon mystery Dungeon? :)

P.S. = I wish i could ride them instead... XD

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I wouldn't mind this, but it could get a bit annoying seeing a Pokemon constantly following you. They should make an option where we get to choose if it follows us or not.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I'd say that not all your Pokemon follow you around, but then what would happen with your Starter in the PC? I don't think it's necessarily you Starter, but the first Pokemon in your team.

When i was reading the first message, I thought the same thing :p

But for the bigger pokémon.. i don't know, maybe they'll all be little thingys just like the icons when browsing your pokemons in the box or at hand, everyone's about the same size

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It was a bit suprising, but I honestly do not think all Pokémon will be available to follow you. Seeing the new scans, I do not even think the starter might follow you through the entire game after it evolved, I don't know...

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    In the scans, one of them shows what looks to be Violet City, as a tower is behind you, your starter is still following you at that time.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I highly doubt all Pokémon might have the ability to follow you, but at least the starter...Still would like to see whether it follows you after it evolves or not, but that'll come after time...

Years
    ..honestly, when I saw the video. I was shocked, I suggested this, and now it's in! I'm just hoping now that all Pokemon will be able to follow you! was anybody else surprised by this? I just want the game even more! :)

If they did that, it would be like the old school Dragon Warrior Monsters! XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well, what I think on what'll happen is that your starter Pokémon would follow you around on your journey, and only the starter would be out of the Pokéball. However, if one ever chooses to put his/her starter into the PC. The starter won't follow him/her anymore.

That's what I was thinking as well. Sorta like Pokémon Yellow, yeah?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think that the starter following you was a great idea.

However, I recently saw a picture of Ilex Forest and the starter was 'not' there.

Last edited:

Attrox Ostendo

Meat Stain Lieks Vinnie Gar~<3
    Years
    It'll probably be pretty cool if they still follow you after they evolve. I mean, come on, Typhlosion following you around in Kanto (if they still bring that part of the game...)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back