• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Top 10 Games

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
Years
  • 10. Luigi's Mansion (GCN) - I start my top ten with a GameCube launch title. There is so much charm to this game. I've owned it for nine years (or so) and I've beaten it plenty of times. A good game that still holds up to this day.

9. Drakengard 3 (PS3) - A late release in the PS3's life cycle. Most people seem not to like it, but I find it a joy to play. The hilarity between the characters really help out. I still need to beat One. As Meloetta said, this game is beyond strange. Fun Fact: Yoko Taro follows me on Twitter.

8. Gundam Breaker (Japan Only) (PS3/Vita) (PSTV compatible, but only with DualShock 4 controller) - This game was one of my first imports. For that, it holds a special place in my collection. You are able to build your own Gundam (actually Gunpla, but seriously, who cares?) with parts bought with in-game currency, DLC (not sure if it is free or not) and slicing and shooting enemy mechs. A sequel was also released, for the same systems as the first. I have plans on importing it because you can transfer your save from the first game. I'm still stuck on mission 50. It also has a great multi-player experience.

7. Super Mario Brothers 3 (NES/SNES/GBA/WII VC/3DS VC/WII U VC) - Heralded as the best of the NES trilogy, this game never ceases to amaze me. I've owned the NES and GBA versions of the game and I have beaten both of them. The music still hasn't left my head after all these years.

6. Criminal Girls: INVITATION (Criminal Girls: Invite Only for US/EU)/Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed: Battle Destiny (Japan Only) Vita (PSTV compatible, but Criminal Girls uses both touchscreen) - Yes, a two way tie between two Vita games. I imported both of them at the same time, along with the aforementioned Gundam Breaker. Criminal Girls is about... well, you got to find that on your own (No, seriously). For the latter, you create your own pilot and do fights (I need to go back to playing this).

5. Ketsui (Japan Only for all versions) (Arcade, Xbox 360 (Region Locked), PS3 (Region Free)) - From CAVE is a danmaku that was originally in Japanese arcades. It was supposed to be ported to the PS2, but they couldn't fully replicate the entire game with the PS2's RAM, so they scrapped it. It's a vertical shooter with five stages, TONS AND TONS of bullets, four playable characters and a rocking soundtrack. Hardcore Gaming 101 has an article about this, along with other CAVE shmups.

4. Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (Xbox 360/PS3) - What happens when you combine one of the most beloved and manly manga of all time and combine it with Dynasty Warriors? You get this game. The action is a tad bit slower than Dynasty Warriors games, due to the characters using their hands (except Jagi and Mamiya) to attack the unlimited amount of mohawked thugs. Pick it up if you are a big fan of Fist of the North Star. Get the PS3 version though, as the Xbox 360 version has bad loading times.

3. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Xbox 360, PS3, PC) - Sweet dancin' Moses, where do I start? Created by Platinum Games (the company behind Bayonetta and MadWorld), we have the last Metal Gear game in the continuity. Taking place in 2018, Raiden (WE MANAGED TO AVOID DROWNING) works for a PMC. Great gameplay, excellent bosses and music that is clinically proven to increase manliness by 300% absolutely amazing.

2. Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii, New 3DS) - Wait, one of the best JRPGs in recent memory (along with Persona 4) is only number two on this list? FLAME WAR!!!!!! This game is breathe taking, and for the Wii, it pushes the system to its fullest capacity. In large areas to explore, intricate side quests, likable characters and the amazing British voice acting, this game is a must for any JRPG fan. The Wii version is getting more expensive, so if you have a New 3DS, you can pick it up.

1. Dwarf Fortress PC - Wait, what? A game in perpetual alpha mode is on the top of this list? Well, behind those graphics is an intricate game where you can make a fortress with seven unique and stupid dwarves that guzzle booze from birth to their inevitable death, while keeping all of them happy. Along the way, the player will get migrants who move to your wonderful fortress your own death trap, kobold invasions, necromancer armies, usurping vampires and werewolves who can regenerate any lost body parts. Along with those lovely things, you can mine cotton candy, see clowns, visit the circus, deal with randomly generated beasts, dragons and the infamous bronze colossus. You can do what your mind desires. Want to trap elves in a pool of water that freezes? Sure, why not. You can also do adventure mode, which where you can play as a dwarf, human or the disgusting tree hugging elves. Like Fortress Mode, each character is uniquely generated, along with skills that you give them before you start. You travel through towns, get food, water, engage with the local folk and do whatever you want. You can actually visit the fortress death trap that you created in Fortress mode. Quests will be given to deal with the threat in the town, and you will gain recognition for your feats. The game has a learning cliff.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Outlier

2. Skyrim
    3. Red Dead Redemption
    4. GTA IV
    5. Pokemon Crystal
    6. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
    7. Banjo Tooie
    8. Tekken 5
    9. The Last Of Us
    10. Yume Nikki

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Feels like I've done this a few times in recent years but here goesss;
    1. Jak 3
    2. Ratchet: Gladiator/Deadlocked
    3. Devil May Cry 3
    4. Skylanders Giants
    5. Sly 2: Band Of Thieves
    6. Spyro: Year Of The Dragon
    7. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    8. Infamous 2
    9. Digimon World
    10. Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    1. Goldensun TLA
    2. Radiant historia
    3. Final Fantasy 6
    4. Skyrim
    5. Chrono Trigger
    6. TLoZ: The Wind Waker
    7. Pokemon x
    8. Terraria
    9. Shovel Knight
    10. Disgaea

The last places are a little bit shaky, though, because there's a couple other games, that'd have deserved to be on the list, as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    10. Capcom vs SNK 2
    9. Fire Emblem Awakening
    8. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
    7. Mario Kart 8
    6. Ultra Street Fighter IV
    5. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
    4. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
    3. Pokemon White 2
    2. Final Fight 3
    1. Pokemon Sapphire

Years
  • I have a lot of games I have loved, but the ones I am about to list have made a lasting impression on me. Many of these are also listed in previous posts and if you know me in even slightly, are not surprising selections at all. I'm going to omit any Pokemon games, because since this is a Pokemon forum, it's obvious everyone here has enjoyed at least some of the Pokemon games. (Pokemon was the first franchise I got very invested in way back when I was a wee child.) I'm too lazy to list my thoughts on my favorite games right now, but if you'd like to talk about any of them, you can message me or something. :)

Anyways, in no particular order...

- Okami
    - Splatoon
    - Persona 3 Portble
    - Persona 4 Golden
    - Shadow of the Colossus
    - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    - Odin Sphere
    - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
    - Fire Emblem Awakening
    - Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2

Looking over this list, I feel kind of basic but oh well. This is just a handful of the games I've enjoyed.

Years
  • 10. Arcana Heart 3: Love Max
    9. King of Fighters XI. My favorite KOF game!
    8. Final Fantasy VII
    7. Final Fantasy VIII
    6. Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers 3
    5. Street Fighter Alpha 3
    4. Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
    3. Capcom vs SNK 2
    2. Marvel vs Capcom 2
    1. Tekken 3

Last edited:
    Back