• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Top 5 Types

Major Tom

♖♞♝♚ ♛♝♞♖
    Years
    1.Steel
    2.Dragon
    3.Dark
    4.Bug
    5.Normal

I don't have much of a reason for liking these types besides that I like alot of the Pokemon that have them.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Pretty much I like all of these types because they're useful in battle and no reason other than that.

1. Electric - Very useful in battle, and since I'm a heavy user of electronic devices IRL...
    2. Ice - Cool, chilling, and refreshing
    3. Ground - They're always helpful on a team.
    4. Dark - I like the sinister element of it :P
    5. Fire - For its sheer destructive power :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Flying, Water, Grass, Psychic, aaaand, I'm not too sure of the last one. Guess it's a tie between Fire and Electric. The first two because of my obsession with Hurricanes, although I've always loved Water Types and found them to be my favorite even before I discovered my love for the disasters. Grass because they need more love and I've grown to like quite a few grass types. Psychic because lol espeon I said so as well as fire and electric. n_n

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    My top 5 are...

1. Water: Water types are generally good overall, it happens to be the type of my favorite Pokemon!

2. Fire: Epic moves, good offensive stats.

3. Fighting: I used to be a martial artist, so you can understand why fighting makes the list, they also have a wide range of moves they can learn, like elemental punches...

4. Flying: Fast and Deadly!

5. Dragon: One of the strongest and rarest types out there...

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    1. Water. They are THE BEST type. Milotic, swampert, gyarados, lanturn, kingdra and ludicollo FTW. I'm also a wallace enthusiast who hopes to see him as a champion in one of the hopefully to be rse remakes.

2. Psychic. I usualy work at maintaining mental stability and work at keping my cool in as many situations as possible. They can learn a wide variety of moves like thunderbolt and duel screens. Gardevoir and gallade are a wonderful couple to have in a team. Lucien is my idol of psychic types.

3.Electric. They have only one weakness which can actualy be made irrelivent by pokemon like electross, emolga and galvantula. Plus a few new moves like volt switch and electro ball. (Gen 5 has been nice to them). Plus they have access to screen moves which I enjoy using. Sadly I can't find a high ranking trainer who I idolize for using this type.

4. Ground,rock and steel. That's right I like to put them all in the same team and create chaos with sandstorm and stealth rock. Then powerful earthquakes come and finish them off. Sadly they lack much special attack capability so I always have a sigilyph handy who can also be imune to sandstorms with its neat ability. Steven is my favorite trainer to have all these types though I'd admit since gen 3, sinnoh and unova have offered much more room for changes with his team.

5.Flying and dragon. Rather than thinking 100% about type matchups I use their speed as sweepers to cover their weaknesses. Sinnoh has given this type much much hope. Staraptor, togekiss and gliscor are some fine examples. Wiona, skyla and drake. (Sorry lance but I just don't like you =/.)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    2. Bug is a favorite and has a lot of my favorite mons like Heracross, Scizor, Yanmega, all awesome mons. :3
    3. Fighting-type would probably come next because it's awesome and has solid coverage and again, a lot of my favorite mons are Fighting-type. ;o;
    4. My next would probably be Ghost-type because the designs for dem Ghosts are awesome, though my all-time favorite Ghost is Gengar still. :B
    5. UM UM UM DIS ONE IS HARD but I think I'd top out with Ground-type. It's just a really good typing to have and Gliscor is awesome and Earthquake is possibly my favorite move of all time, too. :3

And 1. Flying-type. I really do love every single Flying-type Pokemon and I think it'd be amazing to fly. Plus the most useful HM in the game by far (imo, anyway) is Fly. :3 And Flying-type has wonderful neutral coverage! /competitive

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    1. Dark
    2. Fire
    3. Dragon
    4. Flying
    5. Psychic
    No reasons actually. Just love them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    1: Flying. Farfetch'd is my favourite monster; Zapdos is a surprisingly robust fightter.
    2: Grass. Lots of status moves, for when I'm feeling tactical.
    3: Steel. If you were to combine that with flying, do not overlook the result.
    4: Bug. A strange type I've never really used but have taken a late interest in. I intend to have a Beedrill on my team if/when I pick up Pokemon again.
    5: Fire. It's fire, end of discussion.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    1.Dragon:Best type to get and strong
    2.Water:Strong attacks and maybe good defence
    3.Fire: Good attack and speed.
    4.Steel: alot of resistant.
    5.Grass:good healing moves.

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
    1.Ice - good designs, and the fact that they are the dragon killers haha
    2.Dark - hard to choose between this and ice as #1, but Dark's have some of my favourite pokemon.
    3.Flying - i don't know what it is but i just love flying pokemon, alot of them have cool design's and very good stats.
    4. Fire - What can i say, probably one of the most popular types in all of pokemon, coupling with good pokemon designs, great moves, and great variety in dual typing( i mean not really making them any weaker just adding some protection to there Major weaknesses).
    5.Poison - I just like laughing at peoples pokemon when they get poisoned haha, i just like the designs of most of these types and alot of the poison typed moves are very very good.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    ~Flying - Love flying types, been my favorite since the first generation.
    ~Dragon - Mainly because of Latios and Hydreigon.
    ~Water - I always like good bulky water-types like Swampert and Empoleon.
    ~Steel - Only type to resist Dragon, and many other resistances as well
    ~Fighting/Dark - Can't decide on this one XD

Years
    1. Water = My fave type. Because of Oshawott.
    2. Electric = I love the designs of most Electric Pokes.
    3. Psychic = Cute and I love reading minds.
    4. Ice = I found some Ice Pokes cute.
    5. Fire = They work wonders for my teams.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    1. Grass - I don't know why, but I really like a lot of Grass Pokemon. Also, I love to abuse the status move + Leech Seed combo. :D
    2. Water
    3. Ground

^I just like a lot of Pokemon of those types.
    4. Bug - They're the underrated underdogs.
    5. Flying - Because flying-type goes with everything.

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
    Years
    1- Water: Most of them have beautiful designs and are powerful, with great moves. They're diverse despite being the most plentiful type. Plus I love the ocean and water itself, so obvious choice is obvious.

2- Fire: Fire Pokemon are also awesome, usually well designed and fire is just one of the coolest elements. Fire is beautiful (in ways) and I love heat, so another obvious choice.

3- Psychic: Mind over matter, brains over brawn. And many of my favorite Pokemon are also of this type.

4- Dark: Goes sort of hand in hand with Psychic, and I like the sneaky, cruel vibe these Pokemon have; not all Pokemon are cute little Eevees...

5- Electric: So many cool electric types. You wouldn't want to run into a lion or zebra that runs after you, pummeling you with volts would you?

Honorable mentions go to Ghost and Steel.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    (Not in order, I like them all equally)

1. Steel - It's just really really strong, and I think it's very unique.

2. Bug
    - Like OP said, they're under appreciated and not the strongest, but because of that I really like them because they are so tiny and crawly, and I absolutely love big bug types like Scolipede.

3. Ghost
    - I like ghost since I just like the moves, and because it has a certain .. irony over it? It has somewhat of vengeful and kind of playful feel, mainly because of the move curse, and because it's super effective on ghost itself.

4. Grass
    - I just love grass types like Meganium and Vileplume, it seems very tranquil and more on the recovery side, which I like (moves like leech seed, and gigadrain, etc)

5. Poison
    - Moves like Toxic Spikes and Toxic are just really strong, indirectly, and while poison monotype might not be that strong, combined with another type it can do a fair amount of damage. Besides that I just love poison type Pokémon.

6. Dark
    (I couldn't resist adding a sixth one, sorry) - Dark type is one of my favs because it's just very sinister and sneaky, like ghost, without the playfulness. The difference for me with dark type, is that it seems more solid, while with ghost type you seem to make a lot of sacrifices (which is a thing I like though). Dark is just an overall pretty strong type, and I love the idea of 'dark' Pokémon.

Years
    5. Dragon
    Some of them look awesome, whereas some don't look so great (I'm looking at you Palkia >.>) and their stats are some of the highest, granting about 50% of dragons psuedo-legendary status. Favourite dragons are: Hydreigon, Flygon, Kingdra.

4. Water
    Neutral coverage, most can take decent damage and deal it back, most of them also look pretty cool. They also learn the most HMs and commonly have some of the most diverse movepools. My only issue with them is that most of them lack speed in comparison to their other stats. My favourite water pokemon are: Samurott, Swampert, Kingdra.

3. Dark
    Decent stats, decent movepool, awesome looks. They generally have that sweeperish feel and can often deal some serious damage. Their only issue is that they can't take hits and its caused by their low defences and even lower health. Even with this, they're some of my favourites: Weavile, Krookodile, Hydreigon.

2. Fighting
    Just using them gives you a sense of power as they have some of the highest attack of ALL pokemon. Although there are very few fighting types that I really like, the type in general revolves around my battle style, which is mostly power. They just lack the speed needed to accomplish what I want from pokemon. My favourites are: Blaziken, Emboar, Conkeldurr.

1. Fire
    In my opinion, this type provides the best mixed sweepers in the whole of pokemon. Most of them have high attack, massive Special attack and some pretty good speed. They have less weaknesses than they do strengths and they generally have decent movepools, which commonly provide moves to defeat their arch-enemies. Water Types. Also, about 70% of fire type attacks have over 80 base power, making their attacks incredibly powerful with STAB added ontop. However, there are very few fire types and most of them are starters or legendaries (which most people don't use) and a lot of people prefer water or grass starters making fire pokemon very rarely used. My favourites are: Blaziken, Darmanitan, Emboar.

Went into quite a bit of detail there. :P

Back