• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your top five games of all time - split thread

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    This was rather hard to decide

V.Pokemon Red(gb)
    I know it's old and they remade it with g3 graphics, but i can't honestly say the remake was as good as the original.I know others would beg to differ since fire red has a lot more to offer, but red was just better and it gave you that feeling to play it again, while fire red made me stop the 1st time through and in red you can actually catch mew without gameshark or an event.

IV.Golden Sun 1/2 (GBA)
    They are possibly the gba games i've played through the most. They were just cool, i just absolutely loved them, if u haven't played them before go now and your top 5 list will change.

III.Rachet and Clank(PS2)
    Just the 1st one not the others, the others did have a lot more to do but the levels and monsters just weren't as creative. On the first one each world had something unique to it, while on the others they were all kinda the same. They just changed the color and everything else was the same literally.The weapons in the first one were actually really fun is well they weren't just weapons of destruction they were toys that every kid would want.

II.Kingdom Hearts(PS2)/Pokemon Crystal(GBA)
    I think people have enough information about Kingdom Hearts to know it's one of the best games of all time. Pokemon Crystal on the other hand was just my favourite pokemon game ever.Yes i have played d/p and r/s/e but honestly d/p was really bad even though they ahd a good plot, the pokemon games i think they were better than was fr/lg. I don't know why i like pokemon crystal the most maybe because i took a long time to save up for it or it had two reigons or maybe it was just the true meaning of pokemon.

I.Final Fantasy VII(PS1)/Final Fantasy X(PS2)
    I know deep down all of you were expecting this, ffx was just great evn though it might not be the most exciting but it does suck you in to keep playing for a long time until you lose to Seymour Flux.
    I personaly thought the plot and characters were better in ff7 though and they made a movie on it,but i never got around to finishing it since my disc 1 was scratched so im still on disc 1 until i can find a new 1, but if i actually finished it i think this game would just have become my top five on it's own.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    My top 5 has to be:

5- Counter Strike Source

The game is amazing to play. My favourite FPS on the computer.

4-Kingdom Hearts Franchise

I have played these game for so many hours. The story is amazing and the way the worlds and characters are linked is ingenious. I can't wait for the new ones.

3- Chrono Trigger (DS)

Just got this and have been addicted to it. Has a good story, Good characters and a nice battle system.

2-Pokemon Ruby

By far my favourite Pokemon game. I loved the pokemon, the story and having maxed the hours I still play it to this day. Best Pokemon game in my opinion.

1- Final Fantasy X

This is by far my favourite game ever. I love everything about it. Great story, interesting characters, a few twists. Good battle system although not the best. Just an all round great game and I can't see anything ever beating it for pure enjoyment.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    *sighs* Okay, here's my Top Five (in no particular order):

#1: - Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) - This was the first Zelda game that I played and my favourite one to date. I especially enjoyed the fishing game in it.

#2: - Super Mario World (SNES) - This is one of the few Mario games that I've ever been able to actually complete. It was also a fun game to play with my sister.

#3: - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive/Genesis) - Again, a game I loved to play with my sis and still do to this day.

#4: - Pokemon Gold/Silver (Game Boy) - Need I say more. It's the best game out of the series, not to mention the longest.

#5: - Super Smash Bros (No particular system, as I like them all) - I think that this is one of the best fighters I've played (except for Soul Calibur 2), not to mention I can re-enact the epic battle between Link and Mario to see who's the best hero.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    @Kracka-chan: One problem with re-enacting the battle would be that luck comes into the game, even if you disable items and all that and use same level CPUs for the battle. I've done fights like Link vs Mario and get different results every time.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    @Kracka-chan: One problem with re-enacting the battle would be that luck comes into the game, even if you disable items and all that and use same level CPUs for the battle. I've done fights like Link vs Mario and get different results every time.

I wasn't serious, I was only being epic. After all ,they are both best in their own right.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I guess It's kinda hard to pick out 5 of my all time favourite games..
    But here I go.

1 - Pokémon Blue - My first ever Pokémon game, and my all time favourite. I remember running downstairs and opening my christmas presents on the christmas of 1998.. And opening my Presents to find out my Mum Had brought me what I had been nagging for.. A GBC and Pokémon Blue [They'd only Just come out that year over here in England]. This game is still fun to play, and throughly enjoyable.

2 - Final Fantasy VII - A game of Legendary Status... An Enthralling Story. The graphics were quite amazing for the time - and if you think about it, the graphics still have a certain charm about them even today. A thoroughly enjoyable game.

3 - Pokémon Crystal - One of my Favourite GBC games. The revamped version of Gold and Silver. A fun, much welcomed edition to the Second Gen of Pokémon, and my favourite out of the three.

4 - Kingdom Hearts - When I saw disney when this game was first released, I was slightly put off. But after reading several reviews, and after having several freinds tell me how great this game was, I went out and brought it. And I was Pleasantly Suprized.

5 - Star Ocean 3: Till The End of Time - A great game, and here in england, Not many people have heard of it. However, it's a great game and I sometimes wish the series was more recognized. The battle system was fluid, and there was always something to do, wether it be inventing items, or sidequests, or getting on with the main story.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    I'll put up my top 10

10. Age of Empires: I love this game when it comes to killing civilizations with mass armies of Samurai! I own everyone!
    9. XIII: This game is one of a kind. Multiplayer on this game is awesome. It's like a cartoon shooting game...but it's not at the same time. It's awesome in multiplayer!
    8. WarCraft III: The only disappointment I got out of this game was that the storyline of this game was too similiar to that of Starcraft. I mean VERY similiar.
    7. Halo: I don't own this game, or like the storyline of this game. But playing multiplayer on Halo 3 actually sorta kicks butt. Even though I can't even get 5 kills yet
    6. Soul Calibur: The games of this series are legendary. I still need to play IV, but after playing II and III the series is a gold legend in fighting games.
    5. Super Smash Bros.: No matter what version I play, I get the satisfaction of killing someone anytime I play it. I suck at brawl, but don't care. I don't get the Wii-Remote. Squirtle Rulz!
    4. Guitar Hero: No matter what version you play (Except maybe World Tour and Aerosmith) I always get teh same thrill out of rocking out. I love playing Bass Guitar on Co-op Mode, and love playing Metallica's One on GH III. ALso enjoy headbanging to THunderhorse, Raining Blood, Hangar 18, and Welcome to the Jungle. Guitar Hero is an awesome Game. Can't wait for Guitar Hero: Metallica!
    3. Pokemon: FireRed: The Pokemon games will never die. I love the originals better, but the GBA FireRed is basically the original with better graphics. It's a time killer, and a seriously good game when it comes to multiplayer. Squirtle Rulz!
    2. Star Wars Battlefront II: NO question about this game, it's the best Star Wars game out there. Better than FOrce Unleashed. Why? Because it's a game where anything has a good chance of killing you! You don't have more life than any computer, you are just a soldier, equal to anything else. The Jedi Super Pwer games of Star Wars get a little boring after a while.
    1. StarCraft: This is the best RTS game of all time, period. It revolutionised the way RTS games were made! It's storyline is amazing, and multiplayer games are fun! I love playing this game on battle.net or just by myself. It never gets old!

Anticipated Games:
    2. Guitar Hero: Metallica: Yes! I can't believe they started out with Guitar Hero: Aerosmith! Come on! Metallica is the one of the few true band that deserves an entire Guitar Hero Game named for them. I can't wait until it comes out!
    1. StarCraft II: Of all the game footage I've seen of this game, it looks soooo bad-***! I really want this game sooo bad, It's been forever since they came out with anything for Starcraft.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    Lets see my top 5 would be

1-The legend of zelda ocarina of time- I'v played that game so many times. I just love doing the temples.

2- The legend of zelda twilight princess- I enjoy the detail in this game. And its awesome playing the wolf.

3-Super mario 64-This game was soooooooooooo fun.

4- Luigis mansion-I love this game cause it was the first mario game staring luigi, who was my fav charater

5- Super mario sunshine- My fav part in this game was being able to ride yoshi. It also was very fun and enjoyable for me.

And those are my top 5.I'v played each one at lest 3-4 times. Because there just that good :D

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Perhaps I should put my top five, but keep in mind%2

Last edited:

Brynn

brynn
    Years
    5. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PS2)
    This is more of a recent game than my other favourites. When I got this game, I played it for hours a day. The gameplay itself was incredibly fun and addicting, and I still like to play it time to time.
    4. Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
    I think this was the first RPG I ever played, and also my first legitimate completion, where I did absolutely everything and got the secret KH 2 video.
    3. Super Smash Brothers Melee
    I always loved this game. Most people I know who have Brawl and Melee say Brawl is better, and I concede that it is a very good game, but I still prefer Melee. More than anything, I like the battle system in Melee more than the system in Brawl. It's more fast-paced or something.
    2. Final Fantasy X (PS2)
    This was the first Final Fantasy game I ever played, as well as one of my first RPGs. I played through this game 4 different times, and came really close to getting a completion, but the memory card screwed up and I lost my file. Which sucked because I even had Tidus's fully upgraded celestial weapon (which took forever to get because of the chocobo sidequest), as well as most of the others.
    1. Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
    Yeah, not a very original favourite, but it really has always been my favourite game ever since I played it. The soundtrack (I love Nobuo Uematsu), the gameplay itself. and the hundreds of hours you can spend on this game were all amazing.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    In no order these are the games I think should be listed among the greats and most influential:

Super Mario (the series)
    Pokemon (the handheld series)
    Halo (the series)
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Madden (the series)

Honorable mentions to Oblivion and Rock Band.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Here's my top 5 favorite games of all time:

5. Super Mario Brothers 3: Best level design of the three, and the best music.

4. Ocarina (sp?) Of Time: Good plot that wasn't degrading in any way, good music, good dungeon and overworld design, impressive boss battles, ingenious traps, and an epic final showdown between your enemy. Truly an impressive game.

3. Paper Mario: Good graphics, good music, good bosses, simple plot, and really good level design. All in all an excellent game.

2. Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Great story complete with a satisfying adventure, good bosses, a variaty of characters to choose from, high replayability, ect.

1. Super Mario Galaxy: Can't really explain why it's my favorite game, but it's reasons are similar to all the above games.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Alright, my top five. It's so hard to choose!

1. Pokemon Red
    Yes, the original. It was my first real video game, aside from the orginal Super Mario Bro. game on old school nintendo. I loved this game the first moment I got it, and what a challenge it was! I still remember getting stuck in Viridian Forest because I thought the exit was a wall. ^_^

2. Spyro the Dragon
    He's a bloody dragon, what more do you need?

3. Zelda Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
    Impossible for me to choose. Just too amazing. The story lines were amazingly well thought out, and I love the ending scenes of each one, though I did like Ocarina time a bit more length wise, however, Majora's Mask was always very spiritual for me.

4. Jak and Daxter
    I liked the second one more than the first. Nevre finished the first, and I love his evilness in the second. Not to mention I love it when the main charcter acts like a rebellious teenager. Evil form and rebellious bahavior? Definently sounds like a plan.

5. Super Smash Brother's. (Nintendo 64)
    Who doesn't like bashing the superhero's into the ground with another superhero? Irony! Not to mention I love nintendo controllers WAY better than anything else.

RanzAlton

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    1. Pokemon Platinum
    Even though I still dont have it, Watching People play it on Youtube makes me drool and want the Game even more!

2. O2jam
    Guess. I've playing this game since I entered high school and since my Classmates told me about it!! ^^

3. Guitar Hero(3, 4, on Tour)
    cool songs. Great Characters and a Good game. Insane Notes that is.. Dragonforce are addicts.

4. Pokemon Crystal, Gold, SIlver
    aww..I really wanted these games to be legally remade, Like FIrered and Leaf green...But like Zel's Though.. BEST GAME FOR ME! a lot to say... 16 Badges? kanto? Cool Legendary dog music? Day /Night? It rocks.

5. Advance Wars..
    this game really is COOL. go play it! Its About Strategy dudes and dudettes!!
    Beat your foes and Save the World!!! ^^

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    V. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) = I only play this at my friend's houes and let me tell you. Marth > all. :]

IV. Fallout 3 (PC)= I'm going to include this in my top 5 because from what I've seen from YouTube it's going to be an awesome game. Getting it for Christmas this year.

III. Pokemon Emerald (GBA/DS) = Come on. Everyone has played Pokemon when they were seven or eight and you've got to include in your top 5 favorite games.

II. Counter Strike Source (PC) = The most versatile, FPS game I have ever played before. Surf, zombiemod, deathrun, hosties, gungame, and just regular matches make this game extremely worth wild.

I. Guild Wars (PC) = I've played this game for three years, then someone hacked my account. There were some bad moments and their was some good moments. I made alot of friends through that game, but sadly I won't talk to them every again. I will get GW2 in 2009/2010.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    1. Pokemon Platinum
    2. Pokemon D/P
    3. Call of Duty: W@W
    4. Super Smash Bros Brawl
    5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

if I had other faves it would be R6V2 and Pokemon RSE and FR/LG

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Huuuuh...

`1. Final Fantasy Tactics PS1
    I don't care what you say, the PS1 version was way better, even though the PSP re-make had Luso and Balthier. I love FFT, it's something I can sit down and play for hours, not to mention the plot is amazing, I've beaten it maybe... 10 times give or take, and every time made me cry.

`2. Kingdom Hearts I, II PS2
    Who doesn't like button mashers with a cheesy yet amazing plot?

`3. Persona 3 PS2
    Best RPG of it's kind in my opinion. Normal Final Fantasy games have nothing on the Shin Megami Tensei series. I've beaten it maybe 3 times now, going for a different personality each time and it rocks, it's never boring, AND YOU CAN CHOOSE THE BGM HOLY WTF YES.

`4. Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA, SuperNOVA 2, Extreme, Extreme 2 PS2
    Those four are my favorite in the series. Maybe it's the amount of Japanese songs they carry, or the fact that they're just all around better in my opinion. Either way, it's the only way I keep fit, exercising is not my thing, and I love music on DDR, so yeeah.

`5. Stepmania PC
    Yes. Just. Yes. It's a DDR game for the computer, which is completely free, and you can have whatever song you want on it. I only have songs from animes, because the only good SIMfile community I know is Otaku's Dream and they make Stepmania files for openings and endings of good, well known animes. I love it :D

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    1)pokemon battle revolution

2)super paper mario

3)paper mario

4)spectobes

5)super crazy guitar maniac deluxe 2.

i would put other pokemon games on there but after you beat them theres not much to do.
    at least fire reds elite four raise levels when you fight them again.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    #5 - Pokemon Blue Version (Game Boy) - The first and best Pokemon game I've ever played. The nostalgia in that game abounds...I can remember picking Bulbasaur as my first starter...It's definitely the reason I'm here :D

#4 - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) - My favorite game in the Zelda franchise, it had everything I look for in its type of adventure style: Lots of things to collect, unique ways to collect them, and a badass reward for collecting all of them. Personally, I've never beaten the game without collecting the Fierce Diety's Mask (except, of course, by hacking to get infinite arrows), but I'm probably going to try this time around. Sure, it's shorter and less epic than OoT, but Majora's Mask ultimately had more to do in it and had more depth. (Though it can be argued that the point of the game is quite shallow; I am referencing certain aspects of the game like the Anju/Kafei quest. THAT had a lot of depth :])

#3 - Super Mario World (SNES) - The first video game I ever played, SMW gets its place not only for the purpose of dragging me into video games in the first place, but for the fact that it was indeed an awesome game to play. The environments were unique and all around, it was a fun game. (The Special World was fun as well :D)

#2 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES) - What can be better than SMW but its sequel? Yoshi's Island was basically SMW but everything was better. Sure, it was a bit more childish, but honestly, I found YI to be an immensely fun game to play. It was extremely innovative, and any game where you collect things is a game I will willingly play. :D

#1 - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest - My style of games I like, as seen earlier, are games where you either have to collect or hoard things. This game had my all-time favorite collection arsenal (DK Coins and the minigame coins for the Lost World), had an amazing soundtrack, rich environments, and the ability to float with Dixie's hair. There isn't a thing about this game that I didn't thoroughly enjoy, with the exception of the level Rambi Rumble, which, when I first played it through at the age of 7, seriously frightened me (you're chased by a gigantic wasp in it, and when I went through it, I had recently been badly stung by a hive of bees. ._.)

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    #5: Pokemon Crystal (GBA)- My first pokemon game ever
    #4: All final fantasy's (GBA, NDS, PS2) For me they all rank the same and are unique in their own way
    #3:Pokemon LeafGrean (GBA) i much prefer the graphics, maps, gameplay, and pokemon as to diamond and pearl.(NDS) (d/p seems so somber, dark, and cyber while lg brings back memories and theres mostly sunshine, and brighter which makes me enjoy the game more.)
    #2-1: Shared, Call of duty 2 and Warcraft III (PC)

Back