• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

your very first starter

Years
    i think.. torchic in ruby version?? although i didn't start pokemon gaming in ruby (i started in gen 2 with pokemon stadium, so i grew up largely around spinoffs), ruby was the first mainline series game that i've properly owned, so torchic i think was my starter of choice because i didn't like how defensively frail treecko looked. :c

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Squirtle in Pokemon LeafGreen! His name was ShellShockr (too long to include the e) because I saw a Blastoise in the Mewtwo movie named that and thought it was kickass. He eventually got transferred to my Diamond game and was the only Pokemon of mine pre-SM to ever reach level 100. Unfortunately probably lost to the sands of time now, but a very memorable start.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Mudkip in Ruby! I had no idea what a nickname was so he remains unnamed. His final moveset was awful though: Surf, Water Gun, Mud Shot and Muddy Water. I passed on Earthquake because I felt deleting Water Gun, one of the most well known and essential moves of the franchise, was wrong.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    Technically, it was Squirtle in FireRed. But, for some odd reason that I don't remember, I restarted the game immediately after and picked Charmander. So, for all intents and purposes, it was Charmander.

Sapphire was my other first game, but I don't remember which one I chose. Probably Treecko.

Back