• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your View: Is anyone ever too old to watch Anime?

Too old to watch Anime?

• Already too old and have stopped...

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I will never stop!

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • I will outgrow it one day...

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I don't think I'll ever "out-grow" anime in general. If anything, I might out grow certain aspects of it such as certain types of plots and storylines. I can see that as a possibility, but I most likely will never out grow the animation and art in anime.

Bay

Years
    Yeah, I too think I may outgrow some plot and story aspects of anime. There has been a lot of anime shows I used to love but not much anymore. However, I don't think I'll stop watch them anytime soon. There's always something that catches my eye. ;) Also, there would be a few fandoms that I had stick for a while and will be for the long run.

As for anyone ever too old to watch anime, nah, don't think so. I don't think age matters in this kind of stuff. Heck, my parents watched some of the anime movies, the Pokemon anime, and a couple other anime shows on DVD. :P

Last edited:

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Reminds me of this one guy I met in the Japanese bookstore at the mall near here. He was old, old enough to have a family and possibly a grandkid, but he seemed pretty lonely. I remember he was rambling about Cardcaptor Sakura and I felt sort of sorry for him, but looking back I had no reason to. He was happy, and in the end that's all that matters~

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Reminds me of this one guy I met in the Japanese bookstore at the mall near here. He was old, old enough to have a family and possibly a grandkid, but he seemed pretty lonely. I remember he was rambling about Cardcaptor Sakura and I felt sort of sorry for him, but looking back I had no reason to. He was happy, and in the end that's all that matters~
    That was a bittersweet story was it not. Finding solace in Anime even in his old age. I wish I could do that too.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    That guy clearly has good taste. I wish I met people like that; everybody I know IRL is into action/fighty stuff, a genre I do not care for.

Last edited:

Tonitonichopchop

Cottton candy lover
    Years
    No, but the thought of watching and old man watching anime and liking it cracks me up! I don't know why, but it's funny. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    No one can outgrow anime, only if they get bored of it.
    My parents never watched anime in their life xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    No because there are also adult themed Animes obviously , If you think of the likes of Jin roh and others.

Back