• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're in charge of deciding what Pokémon game to release next. What do you choose?

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
    Years
    My number one priority, is to give the development crew the proper time and resources necessary, as seen with Scarlet/Violet, the usual 3 year development cycle just isn't enough anymore considering the current open world scope. If merchandising and the anime and stuff are pushy, we can compromise with 4. That single change would've probably solved all of the polishing issues SV had IMO.

For the actual game, I'd say a game set in the Johto reigon, but not a remake. I'd want a Legends game. It'd be set around the time of the Brass Tower burning down and have a few new reigonal forms/cross gen evos. It shouldn't be just "Legends Arceus but Johto", I'd want it to have a unique gameplay loop as I feel the Legends series should be Game Freaks way to experiment outside of the tried and true formula in different ways in each entry.

If your wondering where would be the original Johto games in this revisit, well, if I was that much in charge, I'd just straight up put HGSS on the Switch eShop for like $20-$30 with HOME compatibility. The touch screen may be an issue, but I'm sure there'd be a reasonable way to implement it, plus, you could just always play in handheld like me!!! GSC can be on the inevitable Game Boy NSO Emulator.

Years
    I could name acouple ideas

Johto on switch
    More polished legends game
    A actually polished and fully realized main game with an actual post game
    Unova remakes
    New mystery dungeon game
    Pokken 3

Skys the limit with that much free reign lol

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Could I cheat and claim what I think the next two Pokemon games are gonna be?

For the next game, I'm sure it has to be a continuation of SV. Personally I would much prefer a third version or sequel as opposed to DLC in place of those. Reason being is I want to see actual level and difficulty scaling in bosses and maybe wilds, as well as possibly more to the plot/characters.

Of course I still would like DLC, although like say, more of smaller ones that fix the glitches, or maybe even add some kind of battle facility (although I heard one actually is in the game and I heard wrongly)

And the game after that, Legends Johto. Disappointing that many have said Johto on the Switch or a new Legends game but nobody said this. I mean, I think this is FAR more likely than Let's go Johto and I don't get why I've seen more people who want that instead. I personally put Legends and Let's go in the same category, and I feel like a Legends Kanto game would be near impossible because LGPE was probably supposed to be in that place. And I have also heard of people complaining about too much Kanto exposure as well, so I don't mind Kanto being the only one that gets a Let's go game but everthing else gets Legends.

Years
    Another Sinnoh/Hisui game

Next is gonna be DLC, but it's not really a game. I think the next could be Johto on the new Switch, which would probably fall into the "Let's GO" series.

More predictions:

- gen 10
    - gen 10 DLC
    - BW remakes
    - Legends Unima based
    - gen 11

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Naw, like I said, I really can't imagine another Let's go game I think it's gonna be a legends game. Still surprised I'm the only one who thought of that.

I would also disagree with your statement that it's gonna be DLC… personally. I'd like to see some problems be fixed with an actual new game, and things like say, more worldbuilding and new characters. But I can also imagine a small DLC happening for SV, to like I said, fix glitches and add some other things.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2023
    If I am contricted by realistic deadlines and development resources, I think i'd go with Let's Go Johto. There are plenty of other games that I totally would want to create (a Gen 5 remake most of all) but most of them I think should wait a little longer. Let's Go Johto would be the perfect sendoff to Pokemon on the Switch, coming full circle to where it began. The original Let's Go I still think is one of the best looking games in the series, and some of the new story beats, new character designs, and vastly more interesting trainer teams would do wonders to what is already one of my favorite reigons.

Beyond that remaking Conquest or even Colloseum would be awesome, especially since I might have stepped on my Colloseum disk during quarintine right after I got it.

Back