• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-GI-oH

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Wow... I haven't posted in this thread in a while!

Anyways... it used to be on Cartoon Network at night... but now it's only on at 7:30am. And there they only show the Duelist Kingdom episodes... which are good to watch if you're just getting started into it like you said you are. But other than that Kid'sWB is the only other place in the US to watch it and there they skip around a whole lot... and new ones are usually Saturday's at 11am... or in CT since that's where I live, we get it Sunday's at 9am. But I could be wrong about some of the times... these are the ones I know though...

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    =P Hey, I have no idea. I live in Canada and I don't even get CN (much to my dismay >\). But it sounds like they just have the rights to the first batch of episodes, though. @_@;

YTV, the station that airs YGO in Canada is kinda weird. Usually, they run all their new episodes as soon as they get them. So we're finished in about a month and we get them Monday through Friday. But sometimes, like what happened recently, they'll start playing new episodes only on Friday. Then we don't get any notice when they switch it back to Mon-Fri. @_@;; So... it's very confusing. ;_;' We've finish Battle City and we're nearly on the Doom Arc, though. =\ I can't wait to see how well they dub that![/sarcasm]

Jinona

Queen of Irror
    Years
    Kitty17794 said:
    i cannot wake up at 7:30 AM O.o I guess I'll just have to skip...
    yeah it used to come on around 8:00 p.m. to but they stopped because it's May movie month so they show movies when it comes on for now and I watch the half of every episode that comes on in the mornings except here it comes on at 6:30 a.m. but that's no problem for me cause I get up at 4:50 every day (and yes that does include Saturdays too) so I've seen every DK episode at least 7 times; a few I've watched more than others. :D

Years
    I forgot what website I was at..but they said even though Canada ((I think it was Canada???)) finished Alcatraz Tower (thats what its called..right?) that they're gonna get the Doom series when the U.S. does?? which is a week after the Dub movie comes out so like the 21st of August? blah...I hope they Dub it good. they better keep the original names or they're gonna see a few complaint letters
    XD

Cherrim

Years
    Canada and the US get the batches or groups of new episodes at the same time, but since they're aired differently, Canada finishes them first. :\ (That also means we have to wait longer for new episodes, too. @@;)

Years
    Lightning said:
    Canada and the US get the batches or groups of new episodes at the same time, but since they're aired differently, Canada finishes them first. :\ (That also means we have to wait longer for new episodes, too. @@;)
    Aha! thanks for that little "tidbit" XD **goes off to tell her friend**

Jinona

Queen of Irror
    Years
    oh so that's why your so far ahead of us well if you get yours the same time we do then your going to be waiting for a while cause we just started Alkatraz just last week.

oh I almost forgot about the movie (NOT) I'm so curious of what the great "8th" millenium item is supposedly and who this Anubis guy thinks he is to pick a duel with Yami and Yugi *evil grin* kick his but Yami.

Cherrim

Years
    The amusing part is how that's not even logical. X3 Anubis isn't supposed to be an enemy of the Pharaoh... and why create a new item? o_O; I'll be going to get my free card and to see Yami (squee~~~) but otherwise, I doubt I'll be too impressed. @@;

And yeah, Canada has to wait longer for the new episodes, but while we wait, we'll usually get reruns of the latest episodes. So we'll probably run through the last bit of Battle City at least once more before you guys finish. XD

Jinona

Queen of Irror
    Years
    Lightning said:
    The amusing part is how that's not even logical. X3 Anubis isn't supposed to be an enemy of the Pharaoh... and why create a new item? o_O; I'll be going to get my free card and to see Yami (squee~~~) but otherwise, I doubt I'll be too impressed. @@;

And yeah, Canada has to wait longer for the new episodes, but while we wait, we'll usually get reruns of the latest episodes. So we'll probably run through the last bit of Battle City at least once more before you guys finish. XD
    I know that's why I want to see it cause there isn't supposed to be an 8th item (unless it's fake) and Anubis is the name of the bad guy I'll have to get you a picture of the poster for the movie to show you the guy, but what I think is somewhat interesting is the fact that the bad guy is named after the Egyptian god of judgement and or death (I like studying about the Egyptian's gods)

as for Battle City I'm gonna try really hard not to miss any episoes but that's sorta hard since we are moveing which means packing showing the house and oh yes more packing that and also I've got 2 1/2 weeks of school left which means... yep you guessed it final exams oh joy [sarcasm].

oh yeah in other news I found the two wicked awsome new anime's called Full Metal Alchemist and This Ugly& Beautiful World on that nebs place they're sooo cool and I've fallen in love with their opening songs and both of em have subtitles so I'm not completely lost *SQEEE*

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
    Ok, this thread is HUGE and I didn't read it all, so don't kill if I'm repeating. XD

I agree with all of you, the dub SUCKS, it WAS ok a bit, but then when they brought Marik in they ruined it so bad i stopped watching it. Marik sounds like the Green Goblin from Spider-man in the dub, HORRIBLE! And then they got even worse, chaning what were death dules into jokes about the "shadow realm" and that your mind is lost forever..... Come on, it got quite stupid..... I even remember the 5 cards Bakura had on the filed that said 'D' 'E' 'A' 'T' 'H' were changed to 'F' 'I' 'N' 'A' 'L' and the dule on top of the building with the Rare Hunters had a bomb with their life-points at the top not that stupid device they made it into... The Japanese HK subs are quite horrible in grammar but I say that their still now as bad translating it as those people at 4Kids. Down with dubs!

Last edited:
    Years
    The "DEATH " had to be changed, cause of that censor-like crap i thinks. *sigh* I dont really like Malik's voice either,...-.-; but he's still cool.

oh, and this is kinda random, but do ya think the dub will make it the KC Grand Prix; and the Pharoah's Memories? I mean...not all dubs have gone so far..

Years
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    I hear theyre going to have a movie soon. has anyone heard anything about htis?
    I have! The Eng. Dub. is making one, that hasnt been in Japan yet its comin Out August 13 2004! yay! ^__^ but..I dont likethe plot..the bad guy is 'Anubis" but thats the egyptian god of the dead (maybe Yami did somethin bad..0.o ) and about protecting the 'eigth' millenium item. as you see, these aint followin the anime much..i mean, in japan theyre on the pharoahs memories;and there are only seven sennan items-7-s-e-v-e-n!!!!! erm...ya..^^;;

Jinona

Queen of Irror
    Years
    and the dule on top of the building with the Rare Hunters had a bomb with their life-points at the top not that stupid device they mad it into...
    I made a very long complex rant about that back some where around page 16, it somewhat bugs me too but I really like the original Japanese episodes thought:D

oh, and this is kinda random, but do ya think the dub will make it the KC Grand Prix; and the Pharoah's Memories? I mean...not all dubs have gone so far..
    oh I do so hope it will get that far cuz the memories arc looks cool I've been watching it in full Japanese since the start :D

I hear theyre going to have a movie soon. has anyone heard anything about htis?
    yup it comes out in August around the 21st I think
    oh and about that Movie theres a knew way to change the BEWD and it's called
    Spoiler: name
    and it looks like a blue/white highly decorated Winged Dragon of Ra. yay

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
    So much stuff to reply to. @_@;

Firstly, yes. The dub does suck. I much prefer the HK subs (since they can be pretty hilarious. "I will beat you Farrow"). But I'm sure 4Kids translates the episodes fine... they just have to do so much editing because Yuugiou is intended for an older audience than what 4Kids is aiming at now. =\ Plus, North America is so much more uptight about things than other places in the world.

I think that at the rate the dub is going, it'll probably finish the series. Yuugiou is comparable in popularity to Pokemon and Dragonball Z - in which Pokemon is still being dubbed and the latter was dubbed until the end. So... we're going to get all of it I'm sure. (I mean, it's not waning in popularity as Cardcaptor Sakura was. So even after it finishes, we'll be stuck in reruns, I bet. =P)

The movie is being produced in Japan, but 4Kids seems to have direct say in it - so we all know the plot will be non-existant or very vague. =\ I'm having my doubts as to whether the movie will be released in Japan at all, though. I mean, it's a bad sign when North America licenses an anime movie and gives it a release date before Japan does. And knowing it's coming out so soon... bleh. Not good. Japan is on the Memory Arc (finally!), so I don't see how the movie would even work unless it becomes sort of an alternate universe type of thing like the DBZ movies.

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
    Sure they'll continue the dubs, 4Kids never gave up on Pok?mon, why would they give up on Yu-Gi-Oh!?

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
    Years
    There's gunna be a movie? Awesome. I doubt I'll get to see it though...my mom hates Pokemon and all other anime -.-

But since Joey's in it, I'll find some way to see it! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Lightning said:
    So much stuff to reply to. @_@;

Firstly, yes. The dub does suck. I much prefer the HK subs (since they can be pretty hilarious. "I will beat you Farrow"). But I'm sure 4Kids translates the episodes fine... they just have to do so much editing because Yuugiou is intended for an older audience than what 4Kids is aiming at now. =\ Plus, North America is so much more uptight about things than other places in the world.

I think that at the rate the dub is going, it'll probably finish the series. Yuugiou is comparable in popularity to Pokemon and Dragonball Z - in which Pokemon is still being dubbed and the latter was dubbed until the end. So... we're going to get all of it I'm sure. (I mean, it's not waning in popularity as Cardcaptor Sakura was. So even after it finishes, we'll be stuck in reruns, I bet. =P)

The movie is being produced in Japan, but 4Kids seems to have direct say in it - so we all know the plot will be non-existant or very vague. =\ I'm having my doubts as to whether the movie will be released in Japan at all, though. I mean, it's a bad sign when North America licenses an anime movie and gives it a release date before Japan does. And knowing it's coming out so soon... bleh. Not good. Japan is on the Memory Arc (finally!), so I don't see how the movie would even work unless it becomes sort of an alternate universe type of thing like the DBZ movies.

Ya only the animation is done in japan right? every thing else...music, actors, everything else is done here. There are no plans to bring it to japan and um.....it's gonna introduce a eith mellenium object so it would not take place in the proper storyline.

Back