• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yugioh was great, GX was better, and 5D was on the same level of the original. After they drastically changed the artsytle with Zexal, I was over with it. The best thing is definitely the 10th anniversary movie, having those 3 protags together was and is on a level of perfection like when the various Doctors meet up in Doctor Who.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Yugioh was great, GX was better, and 5D was on the same level of the original. After they drastically changed the artsytle with Zexal, I was over with it. The best thing is definitely the 10th anniversary movie, having those 3 protags together was and is on a level of perfection like when the various Doctors meet up in Doctor Who.
    Zexal is the reason why I'm even hesitant to start 5Ds...
    If they went from 5Ds to Zexal I don't really feel that good about 5Ds... even though Yusei looks badass.
    The only good thing Zexal brought are XYZ monsters.
    I prefer them to Synchro monsters as they are easier to summon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2015
    I never watched 5D's or zexal, it never really interested me. I just stuck to the original and GX.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I don't remember much of the OG Yu-Gi-Oh anime, I think I may even skipped some of them. So Yu-Gi-Oh GX has a much more fonder memory for me. I liked the academy setting quite a bit, and Elemental Heroes were pretty cool. Think I stopped for some reason before Neos came into play.

I did decide not to watch 5D's for years because of the Motorocycle concept. I only watched like 3 episodes, better than I thought but not sure if I should continue. I actually don't really understand the hate for Zexal, I don't like it as much as the original, GX, and probably 5D's and Arc-V, but it's not THAT bad. Too many niche decks though.

I did give the Arc-5 a try in japanese. It's pretty interesting. Still kinda off-put by the action duels, seems like a spin-off type of dueling like dice monsters, same with motorcycles. Idk these gimmicks are kinda annoying.

As for the decks I like to run, Spellcasters (Dark Magician or Gagaga), Morthtronics, or Batterymen.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2015
    A few months back, I had the chance to met the voice actors of yugi/atem and kaiba, dan green and eric stuart. Their really nice and even said some of the lines from the show, best day of my life.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The current series giving off Digimon Fusion vibe.
    Is it possible for all the previous Protagonist of Yugioh to reappear in Arc-V ????
    It would be a good news for older Yugioh fans !
    Because thats mean Yugi & Atem are retuning soon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2015
    Yuya would have to travel back in time. There's no way any of them can return in the arc-v timeline except yuma.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    [original] yugioh was epic, nothing like it. Then GX... not bad but i really loved the last arc/season of it. 5ds good but long. Had to stop it and pick it up a yr later to finish the show. Axel... ok. didn't care about the anime style since i see different anime and the style varies. saw it for a while but stopped watching it bc got tired of it. Arc V... i can only say if u can watch the 1st 3 or 5 eps then u get a feel for it and can decide for yourself if u like it. Its similar to Zaxel.

what can i saw im an anime buf XD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • The current series giving off Digimon Fusion vibe.
    Is it possible for all the previous Protagonist of Yugioh to reappear in Arc-V ????
    It would be a good news for older Yugioh fans !
    Because thats mean Yugi & Atem are retuning soon.
    Atem/Yami/Pharaoh won't return. He doesn't even exist now.

Time traveling doesn't exist in anime
    Ehm... Steins;Gate anyone?
    Heck, even Bonds OVA have time traveling.

Yuya would have to travel back in time. There's no way any of them can return in the arc-v timeline except yuma.
    Um... is there even a fixed timeline that confirms this?
    I know 5D's are 50 (??? not sure about this) years after GX and iirc (I haven't watched it yet) Yusei makes reference (in the anime) to Yugi and his gang (yea, the young ones but still).
    So unless Zexal and Arc-V have huge gap, both Yugi and Judai can still appear.
    Old, but still can... I would actually love to see what happened to Judai... it's hard to not know whether he ended up with Asuka or Yubel xD

What's your favorite line from yugioh?
    "Get your game on!"
    "Believe in the heart of cards"

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2015
    I'm pretty sure yugi, jaden and yusei don't exist in arc-v timeline. Otherwise they be referenced or something. Watch yugioh gx season 4, if you didn't know about that season it's only subbed and not dubbed since they said it's to dark, it's a awesome season. I loved it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Season 4...?
    Oh, you mean the last arc of GX that wasn't dubbed. Japanese don't differ between seasons...
    Um... why do you presume I didn't watch it?
    I already said I watched GX, which means I watched EVERY episode ;) It goes against my anime watching policy to mark something watched without actually watching everything.
    But I did watch GX in English so fortunately I knew what you were talking about =D

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. Yea, you are apparently right... I just checked YGO wiki and even Zexal doesn't seem to have plot relation to the previous seasons.

So we can presume that Original Series, GX and 5Ds are in the same timeline while Zexal and Arc-V are spin-offs in separate timeline.

OS - +-10 years - GX - 50 years (?) - 5Ds... something like that?
    This page has timeline for OS and GX but nothing else =D
    https://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_(anime)

EDIT: Ok, I did a bit of research on the newer series (and I must watch them xD) and it appears to support the theory of trilogies.

Spoiler:

We can safely presume older characters won't make appearance in Arc-V or another series.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2015
    Yugioh gx takes place 10 years after the events of the original series and 5Ds is the future. I believe that zexal and arc-v are in the same timeline because there's going to be a new movie on where yuma returns.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Nobody here discussing the current series Arc-V ! For example--

--Yaya's Mysterious connection with Yota.

--The Love Triangle between Yaya , Yuzu and Yota.

--The Mystery behind Yuzu's bracelet and her forgotten past with Yota.

--Sora's secret .

--The Identity of Ruri ! Could she actually be Yuzu ?

--The ruined parallel world where Yota came from.

--Mysterious villain responsible for this.

--Reiji Secret.

Anyway , I actually want to see Yaya mastering all Kind of Summon instate of winning every match with ''Pendulum Summon'' that only 2 people capable off.
    It feel like cheating when Yaya win ''Pendulum Summon'' since it only reserve for him.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Nobody here discussing the current series Arc-V
    Because... almost no one watches it? =D
    I'm not really into Pendulum Summoning... I want to hope that it won't be incorporated into the real YGO TCG but that wish's not gonna happen, right? =D
    Oh man, I need to learn another new technique... Damn you, YGO :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2015
    I'm only a original series and gx guy, I loved those shows, I love rewatching them when I have the chance. Jaden yuki and yami yugi moto are so awesome, no one can't compare to them.

Back