• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Yume Tsuki's Art Parade!

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Spoiler:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Oh gosh, your last piece made me giggle a bit xD Poor Groudon just wanted his lava shower. The nice "glowish" bit that Primal Groudon has, I reaaally like the colouring you've done for it and the rough brush work you did for his lave shower really works nicely.

Just had a wizz through your thread and absolutely loving your work - especially all your pixel work.
Nice to see you trying out the line tool(?), it's interesting to see the differences between your more defined lineart to your sketchy lineart - both which looks cool nevertheless.
Can't really give much advice others already have covered it, but definitely keep up the awesome art! I await what you have in store next :33

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Thank you very much c:

I haven't been really active since people wanted me to run a minecraft server. And I kinda got hooked onto it when I noticed what the mods had to offer. (I am basically becoming quite the evil magician... Let's just hope for the rest I won't find enough wither skeleton skulls to summon hell on the overworld)

This piece is dedicated to my old home base. From which I fished up a lot of useful things. I am not that insanely good with scenery yet because I rarely draw those... ¬w¬;
a_day_of_fishing_by_froslassmaniac-d8fuzif.png

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
So yeah... School was taking some time I guess. So most of my work was quite sketchy and I wasn't 100% in the mood to do things. Besides that Tsunacon was coming close, and I had to finish my cosplay within two weeks. Anyways here is some more stuff I've drawn and done:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 9, 2015
Great work, to keep progressing on your art I would suggest working on Youtube tutorials with techniques that you find aesthetically pleasing and that you want to integrate into your style

your sprite work is amazing

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
much improvement from the first post. i like how you eliminated the dark heavy outlines and created edges without having to use black outlines. also, your shading skills are really nice. everything seems to be correct for shading. my favorite piece of artwork of yours is definitely the second one in the above post of a pokemon battle. the drawing of the girl is the best human piece from all the others. the shading in her hair and how she looks the most realistic is perfect. i would try to work on trying to draw real people and reference how you created the girl in the pokemon battle scene. lovely work!

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Thank you kindly for your feedback. C:

I tried work it out. Just keep having fights with the mouth on the face. >:U
Spoiler:

In the meantime I also drew these:
GORE, if you don't like that kind of stuff you're hereby warned.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I love her hair. I'm looking at the close-up of the girl, btw.

Hair is great. It's got style, it flows, it fits her head and the brushing is amazing and makes it more realistic. The mouth you've already picked out, but I would say your eye presents a similar issue. It doesn't fit her face quite right. I can't quite pick the problem out myself, but something is up there, and it bothers me greatly. Anyway. I'm sure you know the problems with the mouth, so I'll leave that.

Otherwise I think you should spend a little time refining your style more. It's good, definitely progressing in a great way. Keep going, and I'll come back again, to be sure :)

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
After the votes of Round 2 had been rounded up. (I WON!) It was time to work on round 3, this time the artwork had to be made into a comic of 6 panels. Been working all day 3 days in a row. Got this as a WIP so far:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow, you have really, really improved since you first posted this gallery. It's very impressive! I especially like the comic you posted. It's so rich with content, not a single moment of the panel is wasted. Though I wish I knew a little back story, haha. :)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
My god. I took a quick look through your OP before coming and looking at your updates and wow. That is a significant improvement. Like, what can I say? Other than in the last panel of your comic, you missed the word 'way'; "There's no I would've let that work" should have way between no and I :P

Like, yeah. Really good stuff. The comic strip as a whole feels a little rushed, but I image creating a longer strip to fit more details in would take too much time, looking at it. Great stuff :)

One word of advice, watch out for the length of characters' necks. Make sure they are a normal length.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Thank you c:

I was kinda limited in that 6 panel thing and there was a lot I wanted to show off, and if I would go over the limit it would give me a penalty during the voting session. o3o;

As for more backstory, they are really sketchy comics, but it's something:

Spoiler:

And then we got to the battle that is going on in that one last panel.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
working on a big pixel project for the next OCT round... Speaking of which

Spoiler:

So I'm working on Pixel art for this round for the big spectator screens. And normal art for the actual battle.

Spoiler:

In the meantime, with some of the nuzlocke community we've been working to set up the Nuzlocke Visual Novel. So I worked on that project too:

Spoiler:

Years
Wow, your art is pretty cool! I don't know why I haven't seen it before

I love how dynamic and full of movement and action many of your drawings are! I tend to go for lineless art, too, so I understand your occasional struggle with outlines haha

I do think though that most of your drawings could benefit from a bit more shading (and occasionally lighting) :>

That new pixel piece seems to be coming along amazingly!

Back