• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Z legendary

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Therian formes of what? The legendaries? That's sort of like a Kami Trio thing, I doubt they'll use it for anything else.
    Well, Zelda does belong to Nintendo, so it's allowed XD
    I got inspired for my games though, but I think I might change it a bit...for a different LoZ easter egg.
    For the Kami trio of course :)

Actually the Lake trio is beleived to have been inspired by the triforce...

I hope that the location for the third legendary is a underwater temple inside a lake...it'll be a good use of dive :3

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Z will probably be a underground basilisk according to Norse mythology. In this myth, there are three guardians of the tree of life- the Yggdrasyill. An eagle that ruled the sky, a deer that protected the forest floor, and an serpent that lived at the roots and watched over the underworld.

Also, according to the axis's in math there is the y axis which is vertical-the sky. There is the x axis which is horizontal-land. And then there is the z axis-which is depth-underground. So it would make sense for the Z legendary to be rock or ground or poison or dragon.

Buddy, z doesn't go underground, it goes across, into three dimentional space, y goes above and below; Dum dum dum dum dummm

Stags are male, so I think it's the opposite where Xerneas is a guy (unofficially) and Yvetal is a girl (unofficially). Reshiram is female (unofficially, and originally they were going to have a female voice her for the anime) and Zekrom male (unofficially). Groudon is male (it's based off a male only legendary creature) and Kyogre if female (it's based off a creature whose only other males had died leaving only the female), if one is going by what they're based off.

But we have plenty of pokemon who defy animal sexual dimorphism, also IF it is running on chromosomes in any way, then if the X one was a boy (When XX chromosome combination makes a girl) and the Y one was a girl (YX maxes a boy) Then that...Would be UNNNREEASSSSONNNAAABLLLYY STTTUUPPPPIIDDD

Last edited:

Years
  • I think Z will represent either the sea so that the three will represent the lithosphere, atmosphere, and oceanosphere...now if Xerneas is the biosphere than Z may be underground and a W can represent sea. Or maybe W can be a space creature and Z a sea creature...

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Actually, X goes across. Z goes THROUGH. It represents in and out.

It all depends on perspective buddy, and from the perspective sapphire was talking about, it would move across the landscape (like the globe he formed) and into 3 dimensional space.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil is the Tree where " Creatures live within Yggdrasil, including the wyrm (dragon) Níðhöggr, an unnamed eagle, and the stags Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraþrór."

Now the Y legendary could either be the eagle or the wyrm(dragon) or the eagle, X is the stag, and that leaves the Wyrm, a thinner, longer dragon, or an eagle for the last "Z" legendary.

Last edited:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    It's not "In and out" Jesus, I'm sorry for being so rude but have any of you even been in an 8th grade geometry class?
    Z legendary

All axis' are relative, Y could be "across" as could Z, but as it stands in a text book Z is the dimension perpendicular to X and has the same "altitude" per-say.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    A snake or Chicken Legendary... Hmmm...
    Only one thing I have to say:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY XERNIAS!!!
    Super Chicken>Xernias.
    Just so I could make a KFC joke.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    It's not "In and out" Jesus, I'm sorry for being so rude but have any of you even been in an 8th grade geometry class?
    Z legendary

All axis' are relative, Y could be "across" as could Z, but as it stands in a text book Z is the dimension perpendicular to X and has the same "altitude" per-say.

Z legendary
    We also have the W axis, the Tesseract use all 4 axis as shown here
    Z legendary

But I think the game is more about DNA than axis.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm hoping they stop with just the duo and have some new lesser Legend take spot light like Suicune did in the second Generation. I'm really tired of the predictable legend association. Leave the two as they are and go with something completely unrelated if they want to go with a third game to give a third dynamic story rather than just a mashed up retelling.

Years
  • I'm hoping they stop with just the duo and have some new lesser Legend take spot light like Suicune did in the second Generation. I'm really tired of the predictable legend association. Leave the two as they are and go with something completely unrelated if they want to go with a third game to give a third dynamic story rather than just a mashed up retelling.
    I'll like for them to mix it up two, only instead of making one third legend they should make two legends connected to Xerneas and Yvetal as I and many others on here have suggested based off of the Z and W chromosomes (which are also axis as can be seen in Marino's post.).
    Now I wouldn't want them to do a minor legend like Suicune was, if they do a non related legend it should be one that's stronger like Regigigas or Mewtwo strong.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    If I had to guess, it would be a Wyrm (As expressed in the Norse myth) with a neutral, wise, or godlike outlook, basically transcending the morality struggle of what looks to be the "evil" Y legendary, and what looks to be the "good" X legendary.If I had to guess it's type it would be something along the lines of Dragon and Psychic, to click into it being a type of dragon, it being wise, and it's type linking up with the Dark and Flying Y legend, and the Fairy X legendary (These are the official typings except the Z one, that's just my guess)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Xernea represents life, while Yveltal represent death.
    So what will 'Z Pokemon' represent?
    I'm not doubting 'Pokemon Z' existence,
    I'm more like curious because I see nothing that can slip in between them.
    'After life' just doesn't seem to fit in to them. :/

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • still too early to speculate who the third installments mascot will be we will have to wait until the pokedex is revealed thats if they even reveal it at first pokemon is known for keeping some pokemon secret

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • still too early to speculate who the third installments mascot will be we will have to wait until the pokedex is revealed thats if they even reveal it at first pokemon is known for keeping some pokemon secret

It's also dependent on whether or not it has a place in the main two games. They can't keep it a secret if it's going to be catchable in X and Y.

Years
  • I doubt they'll have the third version mascot be a event Pokemon as they didn't do that for Johto which would've fit better to have event Celebi as the mascot for GS third version than Suicune.

Years
  • We will know in two years as each third version mascot starting with Suicune thus far has appeared in the second movie of it's region's saga (with Johto's being the 3rd movie of the Original saga though as Kanto and Johto are technically one saga...), so it should play a role in Movie 17 like Kyurem in 15 (2nd of Unova), Giratina in 11 (2nd of Sinnoh), Rayquaza in 7 (2nd of Hoenn), and Suicune in 4 (2nd of Johto).

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    We will know in two years as each third version mascot starting with Suicune thus far has appeared in the second movie of it's region's saga (with Johto's being the 3rd movie of the Original saga though as Kanto and Johto are technically one saga...), so it should play a role in Movie 17 like Kyurem in 15 (2nd of Unova), Giratina in 11 (2nd of Sinnoh), Rayquaza in 7 (2nd of Hoenn), and Suicune in 4 (2nd of Johto).

Plus there's a certain pattern when learning moves,
    when they are part of the trio(starting from Gen III, excluding remakes),
    they learn moves at the same level, sometimes they learn their respective signature moves in the same level.

Back