• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zoroark Focused Team

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Zoroark @ Choice Band
    Ability: Illusion
    EVs: 124 Atk / 128 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Taunt
    - Flamethrower
    - Sucker Punch

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Superpower
    - Aerial Ace

Noivern @ White Herb
    Ability: Infiltrator
    EVs: 100 HP / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 208 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Air Slash
    - Toxic
    - Flamethrower

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Roost
    - Air Slash
    - Thunder Wave
    - Heal Bell

Durant @ Choice Band
    Ability: Hustle
    EVs: 204 HP / 4 Def / 152 SpD / 148 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Superpower
    - Crunch
    - X-Scissor

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Bulk Up
    - Payback

The idea of this team is to have Conkeldurr last in team and then send in Zoroark.
    Zoroark is dark. Which is immune to Psychic, the move most commonly used against fighting.
    The basic premise is to use Flamethrower when a grass or steel pokemon is in (Mostly Ferrothorn) and use Sucker Punch against Psychic Fighters who might OHKO me. If Zoroark is faster then use Dark Pulse. If there is anything else, or Zoroark is exposed, Return and send out of appropriate pokemon. It's mostly used to confuse opponents into using the ineffective moves and/or keep them guessing. After awhile, if Zoroark stays with Maximum health. Send out a pokemon Zoroark has been impersonating. Such as Togekiss, so fighting type and bug types are screwed when they attack, thinking it's Zoroark. Could you guys help/rate my team. And maybe tell me other strategies I could use?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Choice Band is a terrible item option on Zoroark, really. For one, you have only one move that benefits from it, Sucker Punch, and being locked into it is bad news, since it fails when the opponent doesn't attack. Also, being locked into Taunt isn't good either; you'll have to switch right after. Here's a better take on Zoroark. Yes, all of its moves work off of its lower offensive stat, but Illusion is what sets it apart from Bisharp, who's generally the better option over Zoroark:
    -Swords Dance
    -Sucker Punch
    -Knock Off
    -Low Kick
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash

Aerial Ace has little use on Scizor because Breloom is hit hard enough by Bullet Punch or U-turn:
    -U-turn
    -Bullet Punch
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit/Knock Off
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
    Item: Choice Band

This team lacks hazard removal support, since Togekiss and Noivern are vulnerable to Stealth Rock. In this case, make Togekiss have the Defogging role; replace Heal Bel with Defog.

While White Herb seems tempting to get rid of Draco Meteor's stat drop, Noivern needs the extra power that Life Orb grants. Also, your current EV spread squanders Noivern's already middling power and does nothing to help its average bulk. In the end, the standard 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe spread is the best option. Air Slash also lacks power compared to Hurricane. Sure, Hurricane is inaccurate, but it's another powerful STAB option for Noivern to fall back on:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Hurricane
    -Flamethrower/Focus Blast
    -Taunt/Roost
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Durant is mediocre, really. It doesn't have much to set itself apart from Scizor, apart from powerful, Hustle-boosted attacks. However, a miss due to Hustle's accuracy-lowering side effect can be costly. Instead, you need a Stealth Rock setter to help the team get certain OHKOs and 2HKOs they couldn't before. Over Durant, Stealth Rock setters such as Ferrothorn, Clefable, Skarmory, Mega Aggron, Garchomp, and Therian Landorus are ideal:

Ferrothorn:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip
    -Gyro Ball/Protect/Knock Off
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs

Clefable:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Moonblast
    -Fire Blast
    -Soft-Boiled/Moonlight
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 SDef
    Ability: Magic Guard

Skarmory:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Whirlwind
    -Roost
    -Brave Bird/Taunt
    Nature: Impish/Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
    Ability: Sturdy

Mega Aggron:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Heavy Slam/Iron Head
    -Thunder Wave/Ice Punch
    -Earthquake/Rock Slide
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/16 Def/240 SDef
    Item: Aggronite
    Ability: Sturdy

Garchomp:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast/Swords Dance
    Nature: Naive/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Lum Berry/Focus Sash/Rocky Helmet

Terrakion:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Stone Edge
    -Close Combat
    -Taunt/Swords Dance
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash

Therian Landorus:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -U-turn
    -Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Knock Off
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 196 HP/208 Def/104 Spe

Assault Vest is the best option on Conkeldurr; this patches up its rather subpar special bulk:
    -Drain Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Ice Punch/Knock Off
    -Stone Edge/Poison Jab
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/236 SDef/20 Spe
    Item: Assault Vest
    Ability: Guts

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Interesting. Thanks alot. I don't know why I gave Zoroark choice band! And I'll give him life orb instead. That being said. I'm most likely going to keep my Conkeldurr item and moves. As that's recommended by Smogon and works pretty well for me. As for hurricane. I'm not quite sure what I should do. As I'd most likely only use Hurricane if I had Choice Specs which i pretty much refuse to use for my Noivern. I was thinking of using a ghost type but what type do you think i should use for the most coverage against pokemon that will cover for my team? And yes, I'll change the STATS for my Noivern and other, but I'm going to keep Air Slash. But still use Life orb. Thanks alot!

Changed Conkeldurr slightly, thanks. And also, Should I use Cofagrigus to replace Durant?

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Interesting. Thanks alot. I don't know why I gave Zoroark choice band! And I'll give him life orb instead. That being said. I'm most likely going to keep my Conkeldurr item and moves. As that's recommended by Smogon and works pretty well for me. As for hurricane. I'm not quite sure what I should do. As I'd most likely only use Hurricane if I had Choice Specs which i pretty much refuse to use for my Noivern. I was thinking of using a ghost type but what type do you think i should use for the most coverage against pokemon that will cover for my team? And yes, I'll change the STATS for my Noivern and other, but I'm going to keep Air Slash. But still use Life orb. Thanks alot!

Noivern is fine with Life Orb, since it appreciates the freedom of switching moves. It also needs the raw power of Hurricane, since Air Slash isn't enough. The flinch chance isn't a reason to justify using it over Hurricane:
    252 SpA Life Orb Noivern Hurricane vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 328-385 (91.3 - 107.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Noivern Air Slash vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 221-265 (61.5 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

The viable Ghost Pokemon to turn to are Gengar, Cofagrigus or Chandelure:

Gengar:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
    -Focus Blast
    -Destiny Bond
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Substitute
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Disable/Taunt/Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave/Focus Blast
    EVs: 28 HP/148 SAtk/80 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge

or (if this team is struggling with stall)
    -Hex
    -Taunt
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Substitute/Sludge Wave
    EVs: 144 HP/108 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge

Cofagrigus:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Pain Split
    -Haze
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef

Chandelure:
    -Fire Blast
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fighting/Ice)
    -Trick/Energy Ball
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Flash Fire

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Fire Blast/Will-o-Wisp
    -Substitute
    -Taunt
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 160 HP/156 SAtk/192 Spe
    Ability: Flash Fire

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    UPDATED:
    Zoroark @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Taunt
    - Flamethrower
    - Sucker Punch

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Naughty Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Superpower
    - Aerial Ace

Noivern @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SpA / 208 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hurricane
    - Toxic
    - Flamethrower

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    - Roost
    - Air Slash
    - Thunder Wave
    - Defog

Aggron @ Aggronite
    Ability: Heavy Metal
    EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Heavy Slam
    - Earthquake

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
    Ability: Iron Fist
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Bulk Up
    - Payback

How's that?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • UPDATED:
    Zoroark @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Taunt
    - Flamethrower
    - Sucker Punch

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Naughty Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Superpower
    - Aerial Ace

Noivern @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SpA / 208 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hurricane
    - Toxic
    - Flamethrower

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    - Roost
    - Air Slash
    - Thunder Wave
    - Defog

Aggron @ Aggronite
    Ability: Heavy Metal
    EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Heavy Slam
    - Earthquake

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
    Ability: Iron Fist
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Bulk Up
    - Payback

How's that?

Noivern has little use for Toxic, due to its relative frailty. In the set I suggested, Taunt or Roost are the preferred options. The former stops defensive Pokemon from setting up, while the latter replenishes Noivern's HP, whether it's from Life Orb recoil or from damage it takes in general, but you have to time when you use it right. I know you want to keep Air Slash, but it's a subpar STAB option when Hurricane exists.

A Naughty nature does Scizor no favors at all, since it isn't mixed and may need to rely on its Special Defense to take attacks like Draco Meteor. Adamant is the preferred nature, even if it means rebreeding it.

See the last Zoroark set I posted; it's a much better way to us Zoroark, even though it faces competition from Bisharp. And what's the point of having 2 special moves when you have minimal investment in Special Attack?

Sturdy is the preferred ability on Mega Aggron so that it at least does something from full health. Heavy Metal seems tempting to power up Heavy Slam as vanilla Aggron, but Mega Aggron is so heavy (seriously, it weighs 800+ lbs.) that Heavy Metal is highly unnecessary. That, and Aggron is one of those Pokemon that Mega Evolves ASAP. Refer to the Stealth Rock set I posted; Stealth Rock is the most important move to have in competitive play and you don't have it.

Guts is also the preferred ability on Conkeldurr; it punishes opponents from throwing around statuses like poison or burn recklessly. The 20 Speed EVs I posted in that Conkeldurr set outspeed opposing Hippowdon, so move them from Special Defense. Life Orb also comprises Conkeldurr's bulk, even with Drain Punch healing you. As I mentioned before, Assualt Vest is the way to go with Conkeldurr; Conkeldurr needs all the coverage it can get, plus AV gives it the special bulk to deal with attackers like Gengar or Mega Manectric. If you want a Dark move, Knock Off is preferred over Payback, since it has excellent utility in removing non-Mega Stone items. That aspect is what makes Conkeldurr difficult to switch into. And if you opt for Assault Vest, you'll have to drop Bulk Up for another coverage move, since the item prevents Conkeldurr from using status moves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    For one, I won't give Conkeldurr assault vest. As Bulk up is must for my conkeldurr. I can change Scizor's nature (As I'm playing Showdown, not X&Y) And Toxic has helped out Noivern Hella alot. Though I guess I'll change it to roost. I prefer not to give Zoroark that set. As he's one of the most frail pokemon I've ever seen. Also, Dark Pulse is Zoroarks main STAB attack, that rips apart nearly every enemy i've come across. And I benefit form Zoroarks SpA. I'll mostly never get a swords dance off. BUT, I guess I'll try it and report back about it.. I've noticed also, my teams victories are plummeting everytime I make a preferred change. Maybe a coincidence. But i don't know. I can give Scizor Adamant. that's easy. I'm completely fine with that.

And most sets I use are a comprimised SMOGON tier. Though I have made a couple of stupid decisions changing it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For one, I won't give Conkeldurr assault vest. As Bulk up is must for my conkeldurr. I can change Scizor's nature (As I'm playing Showdown, not X&Y) And Toxic has helped out Noivern Hella alot. Though I guess I'll change it to roost. I prefer not to give Zoroark that set. As he's one of the most frail pokemon I've ever seen. Also, Dark Pulse is Zoroarks main STAB attack, that rips apart nearly every enemy i've come across. And I benefit form Zoroarks SpA. I'll mostly never get a swords dance off. BUT, I guess I'll try it and report back about it.. I've noticed also, my teams victories are plummeting everytime I make a preferred change. Maybe a coincidence. But i don't know. I can give Scizor Adamant. that's easy. I'm completely fine with that.

And most sets I use are a comprimised SMOGON tier. Though I have made a couple of stupid decisions changing it.

Bulk Up isn't necessary for Conkeldurr anymore. Its offensive presence and physical bulk are already fine without a boost (either from Bulk Up or Life Orb).

Years
  • You can probably try replacing Zoroark. Very few people are dumb enough to fall for something like that. Believe me, I've tried. Also, theres different Stealth Rock damage to take into account.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • You can probably try replacing Zoroark. Very few people are dumb enough to fall for something like that. Believe me, I've tried. Also, theres different Stealth Rock damage to take into account.

This team is supposed to revolve around Zoroark. It's what the OP wants.

And I actually agree that you need to find another Illusion target, as Stealth Rock damage can give away whether "Conkeldurr" is actually Zoroark or not (Conkeldurr resists Stealth Rock, while Zoroark is neutral to it). Something that resists some of Zoroark's weaknesses or scares them out is ideal here, like say, Infernape or Azumarill.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • Do you already have any pyschic type? If not, you should have one example like alakazam. Alakazam has high special and speed and its capable with most of the punch technique. Teach it all the elemental punch, thunder, ice, fire and finally have a pyschic technique on him/her. Try counting how many type he/she can defeat.

srinator

This ain't gen 3 , there is are physical/special moves now. Special alakazam is what you want.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Do you already have any pyschic type? If not, you should have one example like alakazam. Alakazam has high special and speed and its capable with most of the punch technique. Teach it all the elemental punch, thunder, ice, fire and finally have a pyschic technique on him/her. Try counting how many type he/she can defeat.

Teaching Alakazam the elemental punches is a downright terrible idea, given its absolutely horrid Attack. In case you haven't noticed, the elemental punches became physical in Gen IV.

Edit: Greninja'd

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • How bout replace it with other elemental move...?

Alakazam can't learn BoltBeam, either. Alakazam could be another option on the team as another way to deal with this Fighting weakness you have:
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Thunder Wave/Taunt/Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Magic Guard

Edit: to put this out there, this would make a poor Illusion disguise because thanks to Magic Guard, Alakazam takes no damage from entry hazards, while Zoroark would.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Alot of you are forgetting that Zoroark is the FIRST pokemon I send out. Hazards wouldn't be out by then. Also, if hazards make it on the field, I have Togekiss defog.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Not to mention, Suprisingly, People don't catch on that it's Zoroark. They must be very stupid. Hell, I got a whole bunch of people accusing me of an Illegal Conkeldurr.

Years
  • You cant consistently keep rocks off the field. And if you're at the level of play, where people blame you for cheating, you can probably get away with stuff like SpDef Charmeleon with Ember.

Back