• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Zubats,Swoobats,and heart stamps oh my!

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    You almost never get a chance to surf so i never had trouble with frillish and basculin. Though when i was in the water they annoyed me a lot.

Years
    I don't mind high encounter rates. I am quite happy spending hours battling wild pokemon to level up as high as i want to be. I am very patient that way :)

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    On Routes 17-18, Frillishes appear every three tiles. It's annoying as hell. If Repels haven't existed, I would die of frustration.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    There was... Something for this question recently.
    Aha, yeah I thought so too.

In my game, I was the exact opposite. I'd hardly encounter wild pokemon and it would be a pain since if I wanted to catch a specific pokemon I could've been searching for seriously; 30-50 minutes.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Never did, actually. I always stocked up for a lot of repels, it's kind of a habit for me these days. Unless my Pokemon are underleveled, or I purposedly wanted to get something (esp. Thundurus), or I forgot to spray some Repel beforehand xD

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    I used repels to help me find audino's to help me grind. And to keep all the pokemon from me >_<. The rate was so high for me i found an axew on my first try

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeaaah the encounter rate was kinda annoying tbh. AND YET. I didn't use repels. At all. lol mainly because I saw everyone else was getting shinies so I thought it'd increase my chances if I didn't. and yet still nothing :(. tbh at least the battles load pretty fast so running away isn't that bad. :3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm okay with the encounter rate as it seems pretty normal for me, except the puddles within Icirrus City. x_x; I swear every 2 seconds Stunfisk or Palpitoad appear. Though reading the first post, I can't say I agree with missing Zubat. It's really a relief that I don't have to bump into the bats over and over again. It's also great that the caves have a wider range of Pokémon to encounter there, or at least you don't see a Swoobat multiple times again and again, whereas others will come out often as well.

Plus with the many encounters of Litwick from the Celestial Tower, (once you reach upstairs they appear insanely, imo) I managed to catch a shiny. 8)

Zubats,Swoobats,and heart stamps oh my!

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
    I miss geodude and zubat
    I hated the cave before the ice gym

Talk about Boldore overload! My Boldore was for once fast enough to run from them though :D
    Anyone who has used boldore knows what I mean. You run from a lv. 10 and you can't get away.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

At the start of the game, i was running into pokemon every couple steps but as the game went on this problem evaporated for me.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
    Swoobat isn't the new Zubat. Boldore is! ****, I've been raging many a time at that Sturdy-ability. Swoobat isn't nearly as annoying, and I don't come across it nearly as often in caves.
    Actually on-topic: yes, I ran into Pokémon all the time, so I began carrying a dozen Max Repel with me at all times.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Yes it was so annoying. I'm glad I had repels with me or else I would have thrown a rampage.

Back