• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zygarde's Involvement in SM

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    With SM upgrading Zygarde in Alola, GF had to find a way to re-introduce a previous legend & its upgrades along with the rest of the new generation. In my opinon, GF kinda put off Zygarde in the game by not involving it into the main storyline. From that, Zygarde was kinda an afterthought, even though it got all these new abilities and forms (+ it would've of been cool to have a cut scene of 100% Zygarde)! Also, Zygarde is depicted to be the guardian of the ecosystem, so I would figure Zygarde to be given more involvement in the game.

Throughout the game, did you wish Zygarde to be more involved in the storyline? Would you like to have Zygarde re-introduced in the possible Alola Sequel? Why or why not?

Bonus!:
    The Pokédex entry for Zygarde's Complete Form in Moon states, "This is Zygarde's 100% form. It has enough power to overwhelm even Xeneas or Yvetal." Do you think this could possibly hint at an XY Sequel than SM?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I thought Zygarde had a cool little niche in the game showing the technology of the Aether Foundation and having to collect the cubes and stuff.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I find it terribly strange that they bothered to give Zygarde two new forms and have a long collection sidequest associated with it, but not expand on it's story/lore at all, especially after choosing not to do anything else with Kalos.

like what the fuck was the point then

blue

gucci
    Years
    It feels like Zygarde got shafted once again and it was a missed opportunity. I know they had to focus on the box legends for Sun and Moon but they still could've shed more light and intergrated zygarde into the storyline a lot more. Collecting Cells is fine, but that was pretty much it? It seems like they went to a lot of trouble to distribute these cells throughout Alola, create new forms and hype up Zygarde's presence in Alola for nothing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2017
    Considering that Zygarde core, cell and his 100% form were in the anime, my bet is that the Zygarde collecting quest was originally meant to be in X and Y, or maybe a cancelled Z. When that didn't happen, they just dumped Zygarde in Aloha.
    Also bonus tidbit, when I was looking for the 100 cells, the guide I was using had an error in it causing me to search the whole game 3 times for that final one.

Owlet

Look for hope, it's searching for you.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 12, 2017
    I didn't mind too much overall. It's more interesting to have a storyline surrounding a legendary Pokemon, but it wouldn't have really been able to fit into the game alongside the main storyline, then the UB missions after, without feeling like there was almost too much crammed int there, so it worked as a side quest, I think.

Back