• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I really do feel sorry for those Pokemon that get eaten. Especially the ones that live in the while
I have 2 questions:
Does Mantine eat the Remoraid on them?
Why are they always on Mantine's from

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Naminé

ナミネ..
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2011
Naminé knows that Remoraids do not get eaten by Mantine. Mantine is designed after a sting ray, and sting rays in real life are often accompanied by other fishes who feed off of germs and bacteria that lives on these large sea animals. Sometimes they even accompany whales and sharks. These large animals love their presense because it cleans their body, and in return the large animals provide protection. Remoraid doesn't clean Mantine's body, but they stick to Mantine anyway due their real life counterpart's behavior. That's what Naminé thinks.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Naminé said:
Naminé knows that Remoraids do not get eaten by Mantine. Mantine is designed after a sting ray, and sting rays in real life are often accompanied by other fishes who feed off of germs and bacteria that lives on these large sea animals. Sometimes they even accompany whales and sharks. These large animals love their presense because it cleans their body, and in return the large animals provide protection. Remoraid doesn't clean Mantine's body, but they stick to Mantine anyway due their real life counterpart's behavior. That's what Naminé thinks.

Thanks for the information.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
To get back to the previous page:
i requested "Make a wish" in the music request thingy.
I did see Jirachi wishmaker and I loved it ^_^
And it sure is worth buying.

Thanx for the explanation Naminé

Natsuki

.bluefang.
Years
Lt. Surge's Raichu said:
I'v just seen the episode with the ghost lady, that really is gastly, what do you think about that episode?

I love that episode. =D And then Brock falls in love with the ghost of the maiden, as always. XD You know...back when I was younger I never noticed what a lecher he was...XD

~Kelsey

AAMLrox

Super Kawaii! ^_^
Years
Hehe, i remember that I'll guess we'll never know... but it's kinda funny that Brock falls in love in basically every episode ^^

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
Years
And gets dumped basically every episode in which he basically falls in love. XD

So, how many of you want to save the dub? I really don't, I want the change.

AAMLrox

Super Kawaii! ^_^
Years
Well, I do (obviously) but, because I live in the UK, I don't know how long it will be before I get to see any of the newer episodes anyway, they keep showing Johto Journeys and the Advanvced Battle episodes stop just before May gets to the Grand Festival.

I wanna save the dub because I can't imagine the characters being voiced by anyone else in the dubs and I kinda think it would be hard to replace them after 8 years (is it?) But I suppose it could be a change for the better...

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
Years
Well, I pretty much hate the anime because of its lacking in actual anime elements. Anything changing has got to be a big improvement really.

Naminé

ナミネ..
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2011
It is doubtful in Naminé's mind that a change in voice actors can really "save" the dub. There is the nostalgic feeling to save the voice actors, so personally Naminé signed to keep the original voice actors as well. However, there is much more to dubbing than voice actors that determine if the dub is good or not. For example, 4kids have to change every background music possible to make it worse. Worse of all, what bugs Naminé the most is how they paint sandwiches over every single riceball in the anime now...

Naminé supports saving the voice actors, but it remains truthful that the Pokemon anime dub is still beyond "save." It's terrible to the roots, but that maybe because even the original isn't all that better~

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
Years
Naminé said:
It is doubtful in Naminé's mind that a change in voice actors can really "save" the dub. There is the nostalgic feeling to save the voice actors, so personally Naminé signed to keep the original voice actors as well. However, there is much more to dubbing than voice actors that determine if the dub is good or not. For example, 4kids have to change every background music possible to make it worse. Worse of all, what bugs Naminé the most is how they paint sandwiches over every single riceball in the anime now...

Naminé supports saving the voice actors, but it remains truthful that the Pokemon anime dub is still beyond "save." It's terrible to the roots, but that maybe because even the original isn't all that better~
Agreed, completely. As I've said before, the anime's no longer an anime at all.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Naminé said:
For example, 4kids have to change every background music possible to make it worse. Worse of all, what bugs Naminé the most is how they paint sandwiches over every single riceball in the anime now...
they really paint over? O.O
C'mon a riceball is nothing bad. I'd like to eat one of them. ^_^

I got to agree about the background music, sometimes the original music is better than the dubbed music.
(and that's not just for Pokémon).

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
Years
I just downloaded the Original Soundtrack they play for Pokemon battles. "Fukutso no Pokemon". Random name, random music. It sounds nice.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Hope you like the CD, Max
I once downloaded the OST of Pokemon 8, I like Aaron's theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back