• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
Years
  • Most of the people at my school... well, they've pretty much just grown out of Pokemon, as have I. It's not like they don't like it, it's just that it doesn't interest them anymore, I guess.

Years
  • Pokemon holds a special place with me for the foreseeable future, I think. I've been at this long, and that hasn't changed. o3o

I think Pokemon will stay will me for the future too.

Just look at this forum most of the members are around 15-18 and I'm only 12.

I will probably still be a pokemon fan when a 5th gen comes out.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • I don't care what people think of me. Some people laugh at me about playing Pokemon but I just think to myself "More fool you! You're missing out." :\

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
  • I wish I could play Pokemon on Wi-fi :(

I bet even if I got wi-fi I'd never understand the full competitive battling stuff.

You don't need wi-fi to play Pokemon on it. You can buy an attachment (USB) that acts as wi-fi for your modem or cabled internet, etc. That's what my friend used, and still does, I believe.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Only works for Windows XP though. D: I'm glad I have wifi because the USB connector wouldn't work with any of the computers in my house. XD;

But yeah, I can't see myself ever stop liking Pokémon. I've been a strong fan for... nine years now? That's like half my life. :B I'm not gonna just stop liking it. And luckily, the older you get, the more tolerant people are about it. Just about everyone who knows me IRL knows I like Pokémon and they either like it too or they just respect that I do because it doesn't bother them. ^^;

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I can't even remember the last time I actually played the ACTUAL game. All I use Pearl version for is to talk to my friends long distance free of charge XD;

I'm a cheater, I admit it v_v

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Only works for Windows XP though. D: I'm glad I have wifi because the USB connector wouldn't work with any of the computers in my house. XD;

But yeah, I can't see myself ever stop liking Pokémon. I've been a strong fan for... nine years now? That's like half my life. :B I'm not gonna just stop liking it. And luckily, the older you get, the more tolerant people are about it. Just about everyone who knows me IRL knows I like Pokémon and they either like it too or they just respect that I do because it doesn't bother them. ^^;

I thought it would be the same for me, I liked Pokemon since I was like...8? Something like that, at least ten years ago. I was a pretty strong fan, well as strong as I could be, never really had a lot of money as a kid so the most I could do was buy the basic games. I remember always being jealous of the kids who had money to play the card game. Though oddly, the few times I did buy cards, I'd always end up getting really rare cards, I think that evened it out for me. XD Anywho, getting really off track.

Um, right! Yeah, so I thought I was going to be a fan forever, but I slowly started to lose interest after all the Houenn stuff started. I got pretty into it during Battle Frontier, it took me forever, but I ended up getting the corresponding games and watching that entire arc in Japanese. I thought it would be the same for the D/P stuff, but after the anime started, I really fell out of the fandom and just lost interest with nearly everything Pokemon related, I still haven't played the games, I plan to eventually, but I'm not in any hurry. I'm currently distracted with being a member of other fandoms to really care about Pokemon.

Years
  • Just read the stickies in the Strategies and Movesets section :x

Will do.

Oh and btw I think thats odd.

The person who dont competitively battle think that battlers are odd and battlers think others are odd.

IMO, battlers are odd. [I wont think that soon I bet though]

I'm intrigued to find out how everyone found out about these game mechanics. [I used to think Pokemon was such a simple game]

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I'm intrigued to find out how everyone found out about these game mechanics. [I used to think Pokemon was such a simple game]

I'm guessing someone hacked the game and discovered the codes?

I used to think that too, with the ease of beating a game. One of my friends said something like "all you have to do is keep pressing A to beat the game?", which is kinda true if you take out EVs, IVs etc.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • I'm guessing someone hacked the game and discovered the codes?

I used to think that too, with the ease of beating a game. One of my friends said something like "all you have to do is keep pressing A to beat the game?", which is kinda true if you take out EVs, IVs etc.

lol, I used to think u just ahd to catch all the pokes..... now I love battling..its just awesome, the thrill of battling a tough opponent is just exilerating

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Shoddy is based on Java, right?

Some people are scared that it's a virus. I downloaded it but I never bothered to run it. I am that lazy. =3

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    :o They're weird to me T_T

The feeling is quite mutual. Competitive battlers have an undeserved ego the size of Eurasia and tend to have contemptible personalities.

As for Pokemon at my school, my fanaticism about it has gotten lots of people to admit love for the series, order game boy originals and play R/B/Y.

We're the highest year at my school, too.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    hehe, we had a fair few people in my grade over the last few years bring the original RBY games and play them during school. Heck, a group of my mates brought gambling into it, competing in teams against each other to see who would finish the game first.

Most of my mates couldn't really care about the newer generation though. If anything, it's cause it isn't the "original" generation, though I do have a few friends who just hate the franchise for one reason or another.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back