• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    I went in elm's lab, Soul or w/e her name talked to me then Prof. Elm gave me the masterball. Now when I try to swim to go to the Elite4, She stops me, not my mom. >___> Any help? Do i Need to catch Lugia?

Years
  • I went in elm's lab, Soul or w/e her name talked to me then Prof. Elm gave me the masterball. Now when I try to swim to go to the Elite4, She stops me, not my mom. >___> Any help? Do i Need to catch Lugia?
    yes, you need to catch/beat it.
    and secondly, you need to make sure that you have beaten the kimono girls before you go to battle lugia. ;)

EDIT: i was ninja-d...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    Yep that's right.
    Go to Ecruteak, beat Kimono girls and then go to location of your legend

*Adds it to FAQ*

What Hm's do you need for the cave?
    Which cave is it? since there are 4 of them, unless they changed it this time...

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    is it possible to get the red gyarados just after doing the fourth gym?

Years
  • is it possible to get the red gyarados just after doing the fourth gym?
    urhm i think it's pretty strict.... but if you just follow the game you will get it.i wouldn't be worrying about which gym you're up to when you get it. ;)
    What Hm's do you need for the cave?
    Which cave is it? since there are 4 of them, unless they changed it this time...
    Uhh surf/strength/whirlpool/possibly flash &/or rock smash... just have a slave with you. :P

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    okay, about those trees near tin tower, you CANNOT headbutt them!

Years
  • I need some help on two matters.

One: Atm i have Typhlosion, Ampharos, Quagsire, Pidgeot and Scizor (I love this guy so i cheated for him). I don't know what to do with my Dragonair, Red Gyrados and Pupitar though.

Two: I haven't played this series in years so i can't remember what i have to do after Lance flies off after you catch/beat the Red Gyrados.

Sora267

Teh Epic Awesomesauce0rz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    I need some help on two matters.

One: Atm i have Typhlosion, Ampharos, Quagsire, Pidgeot and Scizor (I love this guy so i cheated for him). I don't know what to do with my Dragonair, Red Gyrados and Pupitar though.

Two: I haven't played this series in years so i can't remember what i have to do after Lance flies off after you catch/beat the Red Gyrados.

One: Train the Pupitar as your #6.

Two: Go to that little house above the Pokecenter in Mahogany (It has a tree with an antenna next to it.) Epicness will ensue :D

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    just to let you guys know that you can get the red gyarados just after morty. just go to the red gyarados after morty and noone blocks your way- so you just surf to the middle of the lake and battle it. from there you can do the team rocket base part, then go back to do the fifth and sixth gyms.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    EV reducing berries?/ Early headbutt and pickup?

Do these two games have EV reducing berries?

Where is the earliest to get a pokemon that can learn Headbutt by leveling (even if I have to evolve it, but not by trading with another game) instead of by TM?

Where is the earliest (without trading with another game) to get a pokemon with pickup?

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Where is the earliest to get a pokemon that can learn Headbutt by leveling (even if I have to evolve it, but not by trading with another game) instead of by TM?

Pretty sure it's Slowpoke, at level 25.

Where is the earliest (without trading with another game) to get a pokemon with pickup?

I guess Meowth, Phanpy (but I only found Phanpy in the place below Blackthorn and it's only in HeartGold.) or Teddiursa. If you have SoulSilver, you can catch Meowth and Teddiursa (but you can't catch them in HeartGold).

Last edited:

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
    Years
  • I've got a problem. I downloaded SS on my R4 but it keeps on freezing! I played for an hour and I'm only up to Azelea Gym! And to make the freezing worse, I accidentally fell over and smashed my DS on the ground. Now, practically every game on my R4 freezes. T.T

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I've got a problem. I downloaded SS on my R4 but it keeps on freezing! I played for an hour and I'm only up to Azelea Gym! And to make the freezing worse, I accidentally fell over and smashed my DS on the ground. Now, practically every game on my R4 freezes. T.T

Whoa, poor DS. :0 Anyways, have you tried patching your game? There's probably a link to your patch at the site you downloaded it from (unless it was Megaupload).

Why don't you ask this in the Emulation section? There's a whole sticky dedicated to the emulation of HG/SS there. Here you ask about stuff pertaining to the actual content in the game (like where berries are and stuff).

Someone also posted links to anti-freeze patches and automatic translations there. Or maybe it's just your DS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back