• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How was your first X/Y Shiny Encounter? (If you still remember)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 9, 2014
I was playing fire red and running around in the safari zone. My first encounter was a shiny pinser and caught it in 3 attempts, sadly I gave it away for a hacked ho-ho in the gts on diamond :(

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
Years
My first shiny in XY was Gothorita, it came unexpectedly cause I was busy hunting for dittos in the pokemon village. Outside of XY, the only game that I had encountered a shiny (not counting HGSS red gyrados) is in platinum when I was level grinding and found a shiny ponyta by chance.

Years
It was a shiny Budew! I caught it very early in the game, exactly 1 year ago :P

PS. Happy 1st anniversary X&Y!!!

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
My first shiny in X/Y was also my first ever shiny throughout the entire series (excluding Red Gyarados, of course)- a Ralts.

Needless to say, I caught the l'il bugger right fastish.

But then it just sat in the PC until I unlocked Kiloude city, and it turned out its IV's were bollocks.

Wonder Traded him away.

SlightlyWinged

Hyped for OR/AS!
Years
My first was a Gulpin, on Route 5. Not even in a horde either! I think it got my hopes up that I'd get a lot more, which I eventually have, though it was the only one I got before I beat the game.

Now I have almost a box full of shinies. XD Having the Shiny Charm and horde hunting will do that.

Years
My first shiny in X/Y was also my first ever shiny throughout the entire series (excluding Red Gyarados, of course)- a Ralts.

Needless to say, I caught the l'il bugger right fastish.

But then it just sat in the PC until I unlocked Kiloude city, and it turned out its IV's were bollocks.

Wonder Traded him away.

What level was your shiny Ralts? Because I was recently wonder traded a high level shiny Ralts and now I'm curious x)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I was graced with a shiny encounter during like the first 30 min of stepping into Kalos. It was a Bunnelby, not part of the initial game plan, but it was shiny so I trained it and added it to my team. Diggersby is really quite awful though without Huge Power, and even full-boosted Returns did barely anything haha. Diggersby looked cool though, so I couldn't ditch him.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
What level was your shiny Ralts? Because I was recently wonder traded a high level shiny Ralts and now I'm curious x)

Nah. The l'il dude was fresh off the field. Level 3 or so. Trace ability. Can't remember his nature.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Back when I was training for the E4 or something on Route 18 I found a shiny Sandslash, caught her, and named her Ruby (for the deep red color of the spines, because of course). Her IVs weren't terrible either and I rather like Sandslash so I trained her and use her as one of my many teammates, which is much more than can usually be said of random wild shinies or ones got from Wonder Trade which now sit in a box on Bank for all unused shinies collected since Gen3 (I don't have many, though).

KentuckyFried

The World Needs More Trubbish
Years
My first shiny in X was a shiny Gothorita. I found it in a Psychic friend safari while I was looking for a breeding parent. At first, I was really happy. But then I realized it was a shiny Gothorita, and the shiny version offers virtually no interesting color change. It's like someone took the original Gothorita, and Photoshopped it. Photoshopped it badly. Gave it an extra red highlight or something. I traded it away for some non-event legendary, it wasn't really all that valuable as far as shinies go.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
My first shiny in Y was a Skorupi. I was trying to find an Ekans to complete the Pokedex and I ran into a Skorupi horde and the screen momentarily went dark and there was a red Skorupi in the 1-o'-clock position! I caught her and named her Cherry! Around the same time I caught a shiny Skiddo via Pokeradar and named it Lucky... I really don't remember which one I ran into first. I still have both.

Years
"If you still remember" assuming we've had too many to count smh....

Found a shiny Rotom randomly when I was searching for something in the hotel place and that was my only random encounter (so far!). The first one I deliberately sought out was a Relicanth, and I caught that after a chain of 70 or so.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
The very first Shiny I got was a Shiny Alomomola from chain-fishing. I also found several other Shinies through chain-fishing, but I am most glad with the fact that I have found a Shiny Whismur by random encounter in the wild, and that I have hatched two Shinies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Hard to remember but im pretty sure it was my shiny eevee on that one route!

I was so happy when I got it(and then i traded it away haha)

Back