• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen No more legendaries! Please!

What will the New Legendaries be?

• The new legendary will have created the big bang. the Birth of Arceus

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • The new legendaries will be the parents of Arceus, his Mommy and Daddy ^^

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No New Legendaries. Or Minor ones.. eg Manaphy, Phione

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Legendaries that solve a purpose with nothing to do with Arceus

Votes: 63 76.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • In Sinnoh you have 'THE CREATER OF THE EFFIN' UNIVERSE'! *cough* Sorry, but seriously, how can you get much more powerful than God, basically?

BW should just have the local legends.

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I'm all for less legendaries, but if the past games are any indication the bare minimum GameFreak would even consider adding is 7: three mascots, the lesser "legendary trio", and at least one cute event pokemon. I hope it stops here, or with maybe one more in-game legend, but there is no way they would ever add any less.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I really don't care about the amount, but I do want more back story for whatever ones they do introduce. The ones in Sinnoh weren't too memorable because there was nothing to make them "real", in the sense of the Pokemon world. No amazing stories, like the Legendary Beasts, Ho-Oh, and the Burned Tower. Just a simple throwaway line that didn't even strike those who read it with the Pokemon's power.

And whatever legendaries there are, no more wandering ones. It just took forever to find one, and once you find it and catch it, it's not even one of those great ones anymore. It's more of an annoyance than a challenge. Same with the events.

I do hope that whatever legendaries there are, that there's the basic backbone of previous generations (the trios and the "mascots") and of course the back stories that make them deserving of the legendary title.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I was under the impression that they were just recycling the legendary dogs for this game's legendaries.

No, the shiny legendary dogs are received by going to see that one movie or something in Japan. Doubtful that they'd be used as the actual legendaries.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • at least five? you mean AT THE MOST 5
    follow the johto way
    2 giant powerful legendaries
    3 powerful normal sized legendaries

You forgot Celebi.

Anyways, I'd say several at most would balance things out enough, as Pokemon without much of a back-story (looking at you, Heatran) could easily be reused, and Darkrai/Cresselia seem to match the Dark/Light theme as well, though certainly not as the "main" legendaries of the game.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    I miss the good old times in which you found elements of every legendary pokemon all over the game. RBY: the Birds seen from the routes and the whole concept of the Cinnabar Mansion, for example. GSC: the two towers and the Forest Shrine. RSE started slipping a bit: serious background for the main trio, and meh appearances for the others. Same for DPP: but here, 3/14 is quite a low quality rate. The other trio is well named, but as others said...well they are identical.

So yes. Back to old time, 5 legendaries with a solid background plz?

Mudkipzrock

Mudkip Lover
    Years
  • I want 9 legendaries
    MAKING SURE THEY HAVE GOOD STORY LINES
    NOT LIKE D/P

3 will be a land trio like The dogs
    3 will be a sky/air trio like the birds
    AND A Super Cool 70 lvs Rayquaze, Kyogre And Groudon types
    Like Land, Ocean And Sky
    Lithosphere Hydrosphere Atmosphere :)

Lady Weavile

Oh... Shiny..
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    WeissRaben said:
    I miss the good old times in which you found elements of every legendary pokemon all over the game. RBY: the Birds seen from the routes and the whole concept of the Cinnabar Mansion, for example. GSC: the two towers and the Forest Shrine. RSE started slipping a bit: serious background for the main trio, and meh appearances for the others. Same for DPP: but here, 3/14 is quite a low quality rate. The other trio is well named, but as others said...well they are identical.

Agree. I love legends around Legendary Pokémon. If Game Freak makes Legendaries that don't have a serious role in the games, they seem so pointless. It's only a device to make the new Generation more "cool" as the previous. Commercial.

Cyberglass said:
    I'm all for less legendaries, but if the past games are any indication the bare minimum GameFreak would even consider adding is 7: three mascots, the lesser "legendary trio", and at least one cute event pokemon. I hope it stops here, or with maybe one more in-game legend, but there is no way they would ever add any less.

I'm afraid this is the hard reality.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I always wondered how Arceus was going to be surpassed. I didn't think that there would be any more pokemon after it. It would only make sense that there wouldn't be, but in any case, I'm looking forward to seeing how many will be introduced this time around. I love the fact that there is once again, evolving legendaries in the Zoro's, it in many ways, adds more depth to pokemon. "Are we to believe that pokemon who haven't evolved are perfect beings?" - which was said about legendary pokemon, but the fact that we have Phione and now Zoroak, means that that statement can be contradicted.

For me, I like the stories linked behind the legendary pokemon as much as I do the actual pokemon themselves. The Red Chain involving the trio; Uxie, Azelf and Mespirit, is personally one of my favourite legends. Possibly why I liked Gen.4 so much, I enjoy the myths and stories behind the legendary pokemon rather than just thinking of them as "stronger" pokemon.

I hope to see a handfull of legendaries in B&W, not as much as what were in D/P/P but something to just make the game more interesting. I think they'll really have to step their game up to surpass what D/P/P had in the line of the legendary pokemon and their influence on the plot.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I love the fact that there is once again, evolving legendaries in the Zoro's, it in many ways, adds more depth to pokemon. "Are we to believe that pokemon who haven't evolved are perfect beings?" - which was said about legendary pokemon, but the fact that we have Phione and now Zoroak, means that that statement can be contradicted.

Why is it everyone seems to think Zoroark is legendary? I mean I thought it was pretty obvious that it was unlikely to be a legendary. It's basically Lucario MK II, introduced early on, starred in a movie and had it's pre-evo announced immediately after.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I was sure the Zoro's were legendary after hearing of it's appearance in the movie, seems I was ill-informed. Well in that case scratch that.

After seeing the Zoro's though, I have high expectations for the legendary designs if they're only regular pokemon, even if Zoroark does look somewhat like Lucario.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • I hate legendaries that are not from Gen 1&2.

If only it wasn't about the money, they wouldn't ruin the show with all the crappy new generations.

Years
  • Why is it everyone seems to think Zoroark is legendary? I mean I thought it was pretty obvious that it was unlikely to be a legendary. It's basically Lucario MK II, introduced early on, starred in a movie and had it's pre-evo announced immediately after.

I agree. I don't think that Zoroark is legendary, though I wouldn't mind it being a mascot.

And there is a huge debate over whether or not Heatran is even Legendary. It's allowed into the Battle Tower, for goodness sakes. Also, I thought Cresselia/Darkrai were good ideas, but they just looked... stupid. I would never put them on a box cover.

I agree with what most people have said.
    Have 2-3 mascots, one trio, and 1-2 special pokemon.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Honestly, as long as aren't any old legends, I wouldn't care how many Legendary Pokemon Game Freak decided to place in Isshu. Legendaries most definitely fuel the plot lines of the games and I feel like if there were only a few legends, let's say 4, there would just be something missing. That said, I'm not an advocator of creating every single kind of legendary possible, I just want there to be numerous and creative legendaries that can have an interesting story line behind them to make a better playing experience. So all in all, I'm fine with legendaries, as long as they aren't being reused from past generations. n3n

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Oh yes. There will be legendaries. However, there will only be 7 legendaries.

Kanto- 5 Legendaries
    Johto- 6 Legendaries
    Hoenn- 10 Legendaries
    Sinnoh- 13 Legendaries

The chart is not constant, but it is growing until now!

5th Generation Region- 7 Legendaries.

The First one can revive things that are already dead. It can even turn meat into an animal!
    The Second one can restore items that are either broken or destroyed. However, it can't restore things that are bigger than 1000 cubic feet. (Examples: A Nintendo DS, A Television, A File Cabinet, A computer (It can even restore data!), Wooden Furniture)
    The Third one however can restore items that are bigger than 1000 cubic feet. (Examples: A house, A school, A skyscraper)
    This trio is responsible for restoring life and posessions after natural disasters occour.

Main Legendaries

The Main Legendary for Pokemon Black Version is a Satan like pokemon.

Type: Fire/Dark

HP: 100
    Attack: 170
    Defense: 70
    Sp. Atk: 130
    Sp. Def: 70
    Speed: 140

The other legendary, however, is a pokemon just like God, but not Arceus.

HP: 100
    Attack: 70
    Defense: 130
    Sp. Atk: 70
    Sp. Def: 170
    Speed: 140

The cute legendary looks like Kirlia, only more elegant, smaller, and charming.

Stats are all 100, just like the other cute legendaries

The ultra-uber legendary pokemon is named Arceoxes. Its 2 abilities are Multitype and Energy Restore, an ability where if the PP level drops down to 1, that move's PP is fully restored. It only has 1 move. Judgement.

Stats

HP: 1
    Attack: 1
    Defense: 1
    Sp. Atk: 300
    Sp. Def: 1
    Speed: 300

It is indestructable, unless you or Arceoxes does this.

1. Arceoxes holds the life orb
    2. Arceoxes has a status problem
    3. Arceoxes enters an entry hazard like Spikes
    4. You use an attack that always goes first (Quick Attack)
    5. Arceoxes misses its attack, or fails its attack.
    6. Arceoxes didn't wipe out the pokemon completely (This may happen if Arceoxes's attack is not very effective against the opponent and the foe has a great Special Defense and/or HP)
    7. A double battle where Arceoxes is teamed up with a slow or weak pokemon (The opponent will always aim for Arceoxes)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    Honestly, as long as aren't any old legends, I wouldn't care how many Legendary Pokemon Game Freak decided to place in Isshu. Legendaries most definitely fuel the plot lines of the games and I feel like if there were only a few legends, let's say 4, there would just be something missing. That said, I'm not an advocator of creating every single kind of legendary possible, I just want there to be numerous and creative legendaries that can have an interesting story line behind them to make a better playing experience. So all in all, I'm fine with legendaries, as long as they aren't being reused from past generations. n3n

Yes...WHEN they fuel the plot. How the Regis do that, though? And Latios and Latias (which, I'll have to admit, are cool nevertheless)? And Cresselia, and Darkrai, and Phione and Manaphy and Deoxis and what do you want?
    Legendaries ARE good. But please (and Arceus?), WHY should you catch random legends around that do nothing but wait for you to come and catch them?

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2010
    There are like no events where I am >.<
    And I really hope they dont make MORE legendary pokemon
    Like out of 450 pokemon how many of them are "Legendary" >.>
    Like maybe 15% of them?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back