• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pichu (Ilex Forest, Notched-Ear) Thread

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They do, plus it confirms that DPPt and HeartGold and SoulSilver are 100% Compatable.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • We are speculating on last Sunday's Pokémon Sunday show. they revealed the new s on the Notch Eared Pichu that becomes activated when the Pikachu-colored Pichu is traded over from DPPt to these new remakes. So, I said that with the Notch Eared Pichu they should give it a special move like Volt Tackle, and someone stated Thunder, so it is just speculation on what we've seen on the video.

By the way, you can watch it on the first post as well.

Ooh okay lol gotcha ^^ I saw the first post, but unfortunately can't make out what they are saying at all T_T Does anyone know of a better quality version out there at all? I'm glad I was at least able to see the one on the first page, but I would really love to hear what they are saying :S Now I'm prepaired though :D I can finally watch this Sunday's broadcast streaming live ^^ lol

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, usually on Youtube you don't get the best quality videos, but at least it was a bit noticeable and all with Pichu and other upcoming events.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • The guy video took the video t with his camera from his tv xD I tried
    finding a better video but none have shown up.

Thanks for looking :) That is actually the only link I can find to that episode at all :( What's really strange is that when I type it into YouTube, that video itself doesn't even come up in my search results XD Hopefully this week more people will upload the video so everyone else can see it (and find it haha) ^^

Years
  • Thanks for looking :) That is actually the only link I can find to that episode at all :( What's really strange is that when I type it into YouTube, that video itself doesn't even come up in my search results XD Hopefully this week more people will upload the video so everyone else can see it (and find it haha) ^^

I searched hard for that clip XD You can always go there official website
    and download the clips from thread onto your comp.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Like stated the official site has the video as well, along with youtube. It is hard to find it sometimes, but at least we have many people who can find it, because then I wouldn't have known about them announcing the Pichu event once more. I myself looked but had a difficult time finding it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Notched-ear Pichu

Pichu (Ilex Forest, Notched-Ear) Thread

Bulbapedia said:
    Notched-ear Pichu is a female Pichu that will appear in Arceus: To a Conquering Spacetime. Her physical appearance is no different from an ordinary Pichu, other than the three spikes at the tip of her left ear, hence her name. She is very fond of Grepa Berries. As of now, not much else is known about her, but more information should appear closer to the movie's theatrical release.

She was first mentioned at the end of a movie preview when movie director Kunihiko Yuyama talked about a "small, yellow Electric-type that would save the world". Then a short clip showed her playing with Pikachu, but she was blocked by a big circle, and all that could be seen were the "notches" on her ear. The same scene was shown again at the end of the official trailer and she was fully visible.

Whether she is wild or belongs to a Trainer is currently unknown.

She will appear in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, apparently in Ilex Forest in an event activated by the presence of the Pikachu-colored Pichu.
    [GET FIRED UP]

Do you think her appearing in Ilex Forest if the Pikachu-colored Pichu is in your party on HeartGold/SoulSilver is a good idea? I think it's pretty cool, but I think another way to be able to obtain a Pichu with a Notched-ear that I'd like to see is to breed Pokémon so that the Pokémon that hatches from the Egg has certain characteristics.

Pichu (Ilex Forest, Notched-Ear) Thread

ravenboy9

Arkansan Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2021
    I personally think they could've done better with a special event Pokemon that had more differences than a notched ear Pikachu....I mean gosh, they are milking the Pikachu line, aren't they?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    YEah, Ilex forest looks different, and I'm really excited that I can finally get that one special Pichu.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think it's pretty cool. Pichu's one of my favourites, so a chance to obtain a unique one is pretty awesome.

I also like the way this means there could be more new events. We just mightn't have been told about them.

Dragonzord

Metagame x Metamon
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    this is kinda lame

Get the Pikachu coloured pichu to get the notch eared pichu!

Just rolls off the tounge!

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • The only thing is that it probably won't be allowed to evolve, just like in yellow. If that turns out to be the case then she is useless. I want my Riachu!!!!!

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years
  • Wasn't there rumour/speculation talk somewhere that meeting the Notched Ear Pichu allow breeding Pokemon come out with certain characteristics? I remember with Spinda how each had a different pattern (and my boyfriend got me one with a heart shape on its forehead XD) that was pretty cool, imagine if all Pokemon were like that o.o!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    It's cute, xD
    but surely, they have more events and things, so don't be disheartened if you don't like this one.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Yes because this one event ruins the whole game.

Amazing logic, guys.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • It's really cute... As People says..
    Well the event is nice.. Nintendo just adds this because
    They want players to have fun that's why :D

-Yasumin

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • I just wanted to throw this out there, because I honestly can't tell what half of the people out there are seriously believing, and even though speculation is fine in itself, other people sometimes unfortunately take it for truth.

So to distinguish between what is fact and what is speculation:

We do not know that we will be able to actually own the NE Pichu, we also do not know whether or not there are going to put Pokemon with slight alterations into the game. All of this is speculation. Personally, I find this very hard to believe that they would let us have NE Pichu in the game itself, but we need to wait to find out.

Now that my conscience is clear about that.....

Even though unlikely that it will happen, I really think that it would be neat to own the NE Pichu and have different variations of styles of different Pokemon. The Official website will update it's information on the PC Pichu/NE Pichu event on 6/15, so unfortunately we have to wait until then to possibly get the actual answers :(

Back