• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • I'm positive that both will come just at different times of course and it's unknown what will come first and when but I'm still hoping R/S remakes comes before a third game but either way I'm sure we'll get both eventually even if its after a spin-off.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I actually had heard about Dusk Ruby & Dawn Sapphire remakes. Never heard anything about Emerald. I think they should, LeafGreen/FireRed are in Kanto and SS/HG has that region, without the extra areas added. There's nowhere on the DS level you can play on the Hoenn Region. They should, in my opinion.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • I actually had heard about Dusk Ruby & Dawn Sapphire remakes. Never heard anything about Emerald. I think they should, LeafGreen/FireRed are in Kanto and SS/HG has that region, without the extra areas added. There's nowhere on the DS level you can play on the Hoenn Region. They should, in my opinion.
    I've also heard of DuskRuby & DawnSapphire Remakes. I'm not sure if they are fanmade names or not :/

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I've also heard of DuskRuby & DawnSapphire Remakes. I'm not sure if they are fanmade names or not :/

True. But they did make a "FireRed" "LeafGreen" "HeartGold" & "SoulSilver" (Colors in the second half of the name), so it is possible those could be the names. We can only hope! Plus, it'd be insane having 4th & 5th Generation Pokemon included as well!

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014

Those are most likely fanmade then as people also kept saying that Dusk and Dawn would be the the beginnings of the Gold/Silver remakes...>_>

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Those are most likely fanmade then as people also kept saying that Dusk and Dawn would be the the beginnings of the Gold/Silver remakes...>_>
    DuskSilver, DuskGold...they don't sound right to me lol oh well, if there will be remake I don't care for the name really :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    So the next wave of Generation III merch hit Tokyo stores in Japan (as announced a few months back) as apart of the Pokemon Timeline just over a week ago. One thing thats confusing to me though, is in 2008 when the Pokemon Timeline first started, they released Generation I merch. Then in 2009 they released Generation II merch (which coincided with HG/SS)... then now we are finally getting Generation III merch. Why the two year gap? It seems to me that they may have been waiting for a good time to release it (the remakes coming soon?). Im not saying Im right or anything, just speculating. It just seems odd that they are NOW releasing Generation III merch in both Sapphire and Ruby forms.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    The new movie will be called Kyurem VS the sacred swordsmen, I guess the remakes
    will come after the 3rd game as I expected!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The new movie will be called Kyurem VS the sacred swordsmen, I guess the remakes
    will come after the 3rd game as I expected!

This doesn't confirm anything, that is assuming the third game mascot is infact Kyurem which may not be the case. It is no confirmation.. not yet anyway.

So the next wave of Generation III merch hit Tokyo stores in Japan (as announced a few months back) as apart of the Pokemon Timeline just over a week ago. One thing thats confusing to me though, is in 2008 when the Pokemon Timeline first started, they released Generation I merch. Then in 2009 they released Generation II merch (which coincided with HG/SS)... then now we are finally getting Generation III merch. Why the two year gap? It seems to me that they may have been waiting for a good time to release it (the remakes coming soon?). Im not saying Im right or anything, just speculating. It just seems odd that they are NOW releasing Generation III merch in both Sapphire and Ruby forms.

I see a posible connection as my guess saw RS remakes being released 2012/13.

Last edited:

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013

Who are you speaking for? Nintendo? So don't be so sure of yourself there. What would be the point of remaking Kanto games? Kanto is the most rehashed region there is in the series. It's appeared in all generations, excluding V, and it should stay that way. What more improvements can honestly be done to it at this point? And besides, if Kanto would be remade, wouldn't that be a remake of a remake? Cause I'm sure they'd use FRLG as the basis, and that's already a remake. Why remake a remake? It makes no sense.

BW has only been out for a little over a year in total. I don't think they've had enough time to pick on the flaws from BW for Grey to even be the next game.

Notice I said re-remakes. read carefully

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    Pokebeach.com said:
    Japanese television show Oha Suta has revealed a teaser trailer for the 15th Pokemon movie, which will be named Kyurem vs. the Sacred Swordsman. The title will probably be revised to Kyurem vs. the Sacred Swordsman - Keldeo next year once the Colt Pokemon is revealed, as with all Pokemon movies featuring an "unrevealed" Legendary. The official Japanese Pokemon site also promises to reveal more information about the movie on December 17th, the day the 14th movies are released in Japan on DVD and Blu-Ray, and the day Pokemon will be making a "surprise" announcement at the Japanese Jump Festa trade show.

So it looks like the Jump Festa announcement will at least in part be about the new film.
    I really hope kyurem gets a new form in it, that would make my day as it deserves better than it has right now, in terms of stats and looks.
    And it's getting more and more obvious that Kyurem will be the mascot for grey, I'm willing to bet on it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I'm 99% sure new game in spring WON'T be Gray. Why? Because new movie will be about Kyurem (which will be Gray's mascot for sure). Pokemon movies are always released in July (in Japan).
    Movie with Rayquaza was released two months before Emerald and movie with Giratina two months before Platinum.
    So if they're going to keep the pattern new movie will come out in July 2012 and Gray in September 2012. The only possibilities for new game in Spring are R/S remakes (10th anniversary of R/S) or spin-off.
    I may be wrong only if they change the pattern of releasing movies and games but this seems unlikely.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I'm 99% sure new game in spring WON'T be Gray. Why? Because new movie will be about Kyurem (which will be Gray's mascot for sure). Pokemon movies are always released in July (in Japan).
    Movie with Rayquaza was released two months before Emerald and movie with Giratina two months before Platinum.
    So if they're going to keep the pattern new movie will come out in July 2012 and Gray in September 2012. The only possibilities for new game in Spring are R/S remakes (10th anniversary of R/S) or spin-off.
    I may be wrong only if they change the pattern of releasing movies and games but this seems unlikely.

That's a good pattern you picked up there. Usually people don't focus on the movie patterns and just look at the game patterns.

It makes sense though. I don't see why they would release Grey, and then the movie. It makes more sense to release the movie, then the video game since the movie will help hype up the video game (assuming Kyurem is the mascot).

The listing which revealed a pokemon game would be released in Spring seemed to just be one game, so I don't think its the R/S remakes since those would count as two games. Im guessing its just gonna be another spin off. I hope Im wrong though.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    That's a good pattern you picked up there. Usually people don't focus on the movie patterns and just look at the game patterns.

It makes sense though. I don't see why they would release Grey, and then the movie. It makes more sense to release the movie, then the video game since the movie will help hype up the video game (assuming Kyurem is the mascot).

The listing which revealed a pokemon game would be released in Spring seemed to just be one game, so I don't think its the R/S remakes since those would count as two games. Im guessing its just gonna be another spin off. I hope Im wrong though.

Well it could be to throw people off I guess.

Btw, besides Explorers of Sky(as it was just a 3rd game to Darkness and Time) and the ones for Wiiware only in Japan(another 3), haven't the Mystery Dungeon games been in pairs? I would expect that if there were BW ones, they would also be separated into 2 games. Imo, that would throw off a Mystery Dungeon game set as well.

With that in mind, does anyone think it could be an entirely new Spin Off(possibly for BW anyway)? Thinking about all this, I would see us getting Snap 3D or a sequel/remake of Colosseum/XD, if we don't get the RS remakes or Gray otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013

But who said it's going to be LITERALLY one game? It can be one pair of games.

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Seeing as how Grey will be following the other 3rd games. The spring game might be the Stadium game. The reason I see it being a Stadium game is because they always come out around the end of the year or the first quarter of a year(Except XD, which was only a sequel to COL).

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • Sorry if this has been mentioned but one of the NPCs in B/W say that they should have brought their goggles because of the sandstorm. :O I think there's a chance R/S/E would be remade (I'd buy it) but then again, why would they include Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in HG/SS if they were? If you think about it, the games are made in such a way that no Pokemon would go 'extinct' for lack of better word. Like in HG/SS, they give you the Gen I and III starters. So that you could have Gen I, II, III and IV starters in 5th Gen. It would be weird if you had Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre from HG/SS and then have them again from the potentian remake. O.O Just saying.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Sorry if this has been mentioned but one of the NPCs in B/W say that they should have brought their goggles because of the sandstorm. :O I think there's a chance R/S/E would be remade (I'd buy it) but then again, why would they include Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in HG/SS if they were? If you think about it, the games are made in such a way that no Pokemon would go 'extinct' for lack of better word. Like in HG/SS, they give you the Gen I and III starters. So that you could have Gen I, II, III and IV starters in 5th Gen. It would be weird if you had Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre from HG/SS and then have them again from the potentian remake. O.O Just saying.
    Being the weather trio in HG/SS doesn't mean that R/S won't be remade,The legendary dogs were in FR/LG, and they remade G/S.

And I think the 3rd game would be announced before R/S remakes because of the 15th movie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back