• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    Ash is to Mental Retarded and to Dimwitted to actually realize that there is a beautiful girl in his presents.Thats one thing I give props to Brock for. I swear if I ever entered the "Anime World of Pokemon" I would the guy known by everyone,Who Taunts Ash,Getting Girls Numbers,Battling,and Making friends and not being a a massive failure like Ash K.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ^ is a combo breaker

Actually, Japanese is a great deal easier. Just learn the rule of thumb that verbs always go last. As for Chinese, the pronunciation and symbols make it epically hard D: In Japanese it's about 50 you have to memorize, just double the Latin alphabet. Compare that to the 10,000 in Chinese >_<'

Also, I say Mexicans because you need to Mexican accent to sound good in Japanese, not the Spanish accent, so that is why I say all of Europe XD

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • Again on the Pokewalker discussion: I guess 10,000 steps isn't really too much to ask, but like today I thought I was walking around a lot but I only got about 7,000 steps. What is pretty cool is that apparently you're more likely to encounter a rare pokemon/item if you're using a Pokemon that is an advantageous type to the given area.

Sorry, pearlshippers, I am not one. I think it's mostly because I don't really like Dawn but Ash is cool so I don't want to see him with her. When it comes down to it... isn't that a lot of why people ship two characters? Because they like 'em both, and think cool A + cool B = cool epic?

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I like this April Fools.

Jorah is English. I am Mexican. Mexicans have great deal of an easier time to learn Japanese. The opposite applies to anyone from Europe :(

But Chinese-
    Agh, someone said that already? I was too slow...

^ is a combo breaker

Actually, Japanese is a great deal easier. Just learn the rule of thumb that verbs always go last. As for Chinese, the pronunciation and symbols make it epically hard D: In Japanese it's about 50 you have to memorize, just double the Latin alphabet. Compare that to the 10,000 in Chinese >_<'

Is so not. )<

*copies notes down*
    Oh I assure you, Cantonese is much easier when you have a basic knowledge over it. Usually the block on the left gives you a hint on how to pronounce the word. e.g. 也 in Cantonese is ya, while 他, basically a 也 with a block added to its left, is read as ta.
    Besides, you DON'T have to memorize Chinese dear sir, usually we just ask the teacher how to read the words, and then we go on with our lives.

...not sure if Mandarin's the same though.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    lol they decided to have an April fools at last XD I sorta like this one, I like the pink layout ~ But it took me a while to find this section o.O

you need to Mexican accent

How do I Mexican accent? *couldn't resist* XD

Ash is to Mental Retarded and to Dimwitted to actually realize that there is a beautiful girl in his presents.Thats one thing I give props to Brock for. I swear if I ever entered the "Anime World of Pokemon" I would the guy known by everyone,Who Taunts Ash,Getting Girls Numbers,Battling,and Making friends and not being a a massive failure like Ash K.

Haha, that just sounds like Gary (in Kanto)

missingnoresearcher

I like your bedsheets
    Years
  • Actually, Japanese is a great deal easier. Just learn the rule of thumb that verbs always go last. As for Chinese, the pronunciation and symbols make it epically hard D: In Japanese it's about 50 you have to memorize, just double the Latin alphabet. Compare that to the 10,000 in Chinese >_<'

Also, I say Mexicans because you need to Mexican accent to sound good in Japanese, not the Spanish accent, so that is why I say all of Europe XD

Ah, but let's not forget that Japanese has three types to words: Hiragana, Katanana and KANJI.
    While Hiragana and katanana are based on an alphabet system, Kanji (which means Hanzi, which means Chinese BTW) is directly based on Chinese, therefore it's all symbols. 3 systems are more to learn than Chinese's one system. Trust me, Chinese pronunciation > Japanese pronunciation (no this is not biased).
    10,000 over 10,050.

And no I have nothing against Japanese people and their culture. Same with DarkDreams and Azumi.

What the hell is going on with my comptuer?
    The size is getting bigger and smaller?

l
    4chan meme in my Pokecommunity?

...not sure if Mandarin's the same though.
    Exactly the same, just easier to write.

Last edited:

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Just to notify Pearlshippers, we had some hints in the last double-parter, mostly in the Togekiss episode. Credits for this info belong to PK0082 from SPPf.

1. When Dawn and Salvia switched their outfits, Ash gave Dawn a compliment regarding her dress.

2. While Salvia was performing in her contest, Ash was the only one to think about Dawn.

xP I now it's not much, but...I'm sure we'll have something by the League and the Grand Festival.

missingnoresearcher

I like your bedsheets
    Years
  • Just to notify Pearlshippers, we had some hints in the last double-parter, mostly in the Togekiss episode. Credits for this info belong to PK0082 from SPPf.

1. When Dawn and Salvia switched their outfits, Ash gave Dawn a compliment regarding her dress.

2. While Salvia was performing in her contest, Ash was the only one to think about Dawn.

xP I now it's not much, but...I'm sure we'll have something by the League and the Grand Festival.

Yes!
    I could cry a river.
    fillerz

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Jorah said:
    If anyone now says I'm being racist, it's being redirected back to you o.o

What?? DD:

But I suppose that's just you, Ruby. Give up doing anything that Ruby doesn't approve of, which is everything. Perhaps you just don't because you're even worse, that's why you'd embarrass yourself.

Let's not get into that. -_- I'm just saying that I wouldn't start any of that just to make myself foolish, not cause I'd make it worse.

What are you talking about. He had his cheerleaders. Sounds more like Gary Mother-******* Oak.

Shedinjareese said:
    Again on the Pokewalker discussion: I guess 10,000 steps isn't really too much to ask, but like today I thought I was walking around a lot but I only got about 7,000 steps. What is pretty cool is that apparently you're more likely to encounter a rare pokemon/item if you're using a Pokemon that is an advantageous type to the given area.

I walked about 12,000 steps yesterday. Good for the Pokewalker, but not good for the legs. :(

This "April Fools" looks a day late, and they copied from Bulbapedia. ~

ben_pokemon said:

Eh, I'd be confused too if I saw two people who look exactly alike and think alike.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • xD I meant during Salvia's contest, Ash was the only one wondering how was Dawn doing, because she has taken over the role of the princess.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    What?? DD:

? I didn't mean racism is being directed to you o.O I meant, if anyone says (which they won't now, but anyway) that I was being racist, then that statement of me apparently being racist is actually you, since you actually thought it was when that wasn't my intention as I explained, it was just random spam in Japanese and somehow you got racism from that, how, I have no idea. And then because you said that, someone else could've said the same, and it would've been your fault because you came to that random conclusion, not because it actually was.

What are you talking about. He had his cheerleaders. Sounds more like Gary Mother-******* Oak.

What? That's who I was talking about o.O

I walked about 12,000 steps yesterday. Good for the Pokewalker, but not good for the legs. :(

Mine says 17,412 for yesterday XDDDD How did I win when I do hardly anything o.O No, I don't shake it in my hands.

This "April Fools" looks a day late, and they copied from Bulbapedia. ~

Slowpoke = slow ~ That's the joke, Slowpoke ~

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    lol they decided to have an April fools at last XD I sorta like this one, I like the pink layout ~ But it took me a while to find this section o.O

Oh no do not hate on Gary!Dude I swear what did Gary start off with?An Eevee.What did Ash start off with? A Pikachu. When Gary came back what did he have? An Umbreon.And Ash came back with Pikachu. I like pikachu and all, but Ash I show no liking for just because he is what I call him every time.A MASSIVE FAILURE. He rarely ever evolves his Pokemon, He has a retarded tendency to catch the bootest Pokemon and decide it was a good choice that gets him screwed in the end. And the fact that he Wins every Season is a massive hoax. I would rather watch a series about A.J. and his Sandshrew that is resistant to Water and other things.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • lol they decided to have an April fools at last XD I sorta like this one, I like the pink layout ~ But it took me a while to find this section o.O

Didn't they have one last year? That one was worse, not only we had to look at such an ugly layout, everyone was basically the same person and I remember it causing immense problems to the TCTI.
    But yeah, I liked this year's, the pink layout was cute. The thread-searching wasn't hard when you know where it is, so yeah.

LOL, what you said just earned a anti-Ash rant.

Ah, but let's not forget that Japanese has three types to words: Hiragana, Katanana and KANJI.
    While Hiragana and katanana are based on an alphabet system, Kanji (which means Hanzi, which means Chinese BTW) is directly based on Chinese, therefore it's all symbols. 3 systems are more to learn than Chinese's one system. Trust me, Chinese pronunciation > Japanese pronunciation (no this is not biased).
    10,000 over 10,050.

Exactly the same, just easier to write.

*reads twice*
    Oooookay, I get you now...

Oh, right, you guys have Simplified Chinese.

Oh no do not hate on Gary!Dude I swear what did Gary start off with?An Eevee.What did Ash start off with? A Pikachu. When Gary came back what did he have? An Umbreon.And Ash came back with Pikachu. I like pikachu and all, but Ash I show no liking for just because he is what I call him every time.A MASSIVE FAILURE. He rarely ever evolves his Pokemon, He has a retarded tendency to catch the bootest Pokemon and decide it was a good choice that gets him screwed in the end. And the fact that he Wins every Season is a massive hoax. I would rather watch a series about A.J. and his Sandshrew that is resistant to Water and other things.

Oh looky, an anti-Ash fangirl!

*reads*
    1. Jorah never said she hated Gary, did she? owo
    2. LOL, Gary started off with a SQUIRTLE, not an Eevee.

But remember that Pikachu has his reasons for not evolving. Ash can't force an evolution on his Pokemon because he believes in his Pokemon and thinks trust and friendship is more important.
    Yes, while strategy and strength is an important factor to winning, you at least need to have a good relationship with your Pokemon. That's why he lost in the Indigo League - Charizard refused to listen to him.

A.J.? That guy with his almighty Sandshrew? NO thanks. I'd rather see a fail trainer and get to laugh at his fail, rather than seeing how a trainer wins almost every battle and get bored with it.
    Because that way we wouldn't have Shinji! >D *shot*

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011

Didn't they have one last year? That one was worse, not only we had to look at such an ugly layout, everyone was basically the same person and I remember it causing immense problems to the TCTI.
    But yeah, I liked this year's, the pink layout was cute. The thread-searching wasn't hard when you know where it is, so yeah.

LOL, what you said just earned a anti-Ash rant.

*reads twice*

Oh looky, an anti-Ash fangirl!

*reads*
    1. Jorah never said she hated Gary, did she? owo
    2. LOL, Gary started off with a SQUIRTLE, not an Eevee.

But remember that Pikachu has his reasons for not evolving. Ash can't force an evolution on his Pokemon because he believes in his Pokemon and thinks trust and friendship is more important.
    Yes, while strategy and strength is an important factor to winning, you at least need to have a good relationship with your Pokemon. That's why he lost in the Indigo League - Charizard refused to listen to him.

A.J.? That guy with his almighty Sandshrew? NO thanks. I'd rather see a fail trainer and get to laugh at his fail, rather than seeing how a trainer wins almost every battle and get bored with it.
    Because that way we wouldn't have Shinji! >D *shot*

IM A BOY! 16 YEAR OLD BOY!
    Way to massively Fail at Life!

missingnoresearcher

I like your bedsheets
    Years

• *reads twice*

Oh yeah, don't you have an advantage over me in learning Japanese.
    I thought Kanji was based of Traditional Chinese?
    This was a failure in communication.
    Therefore,The World Ends With (Winnie the)Pooh.
    Shipping Debates

(Can't find a proper way to replace the T rating.)
    It was that much fail.

This thread is like the only thread I really post in.
    *sigh*

Oh and Happy Easter!

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Jorah said:
    ? I didn't mean racism is being directed to you o.O I meant, if anyone says (which they won't now, but anyway) that I was being racist, then that statement of me apparently being racist is actually you, since you actually thought it was when that wasn't my intention as I explained, it was just random spam in Japanese and somehow you got racism from that, how, I have no idea. And then because you said that, someone else could've said the same, and it would've been your fault because you came to that random conclusion, not because it actually was.

What?? Where did I say it was racism?? You're getting a little extreme on what I said. Maybe I should start ignoring you.

Mine says 17,412 for yesterday XDDDD How did I win when I do hardly anything o.O No, I don't shake it in my hands.

I also noticed that when I was walking with it, it tended to go ahead by two steps instead of a single step sometimes.

Slowpoke = slow ~ That's the joke, Slowpoke ~

But Bulbapedia had it "Slowpedia" as a pun, since their site's been running slow since HGSS release.

Tachibana Azumi said:

That was the Todoroki Incident.

But A.J. is one of those CoTDs you want to see again...just to see how he's doing. He was one of the first to pwn Ash with his training styles and winning.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I never understood why so many people complain about seeing AJ again, he just seemed annoying to me, mostly because I thought Ash was right. There's no way they would let trainers use whips and stuff on their Pokemon anymore...o.O Metapod vs Metapod was better.

I didn't say I hated Gary, I was talking about the part where you said "I would the guy known by everyone,Who Taunts Ash,Getting Girls Numbers,Battling,and Making friends and not being a a massive failure like Ash K." o.O Apart from the part about making friends XD And he wouldn't need his cheerleaders numbers, since they seemed to be around him day and night :P You know, I used to hate Gary when I first watched the show way back, but thinking about him now, he was pretty cool XD An 11 year old who has his own car and personal cheerleaders...XD Actually, I'm surprised they did that to him in the anime, thinking about it o.O

Azumi is not going to be happy with you...o.O

Maybe I should start ignoring you.

Maybe you should. When you start saying anything like that, it has the potential to snowball, and I would rather not take the chance of being in the middle of that.

But Bulbapedia had it "Slowpedia" as a pun, since their site's been running slow since HGSS release.

And places like 4chan post pictures of Slowpoke all the time when someone says old news. It's not that hard a joke to come up with.

Last edited:

missingnoresearcher

I like your bedsheets
    Years
  • Azumi is not going to be happy with you...o.O

Maybe you should. When you start saying anything like that, it has the potential to snowball, and I would rather not take the chance of being in the middle of that.

And places like 4chan post pictures of Slowpoke all the time when someone says old news. It's not that hard a joke to come up with.
    And the World Ends with Pooh.

No, Ruby! Don't ignore her like you ignore me! :'(

I remember those 4chan combobreakers.
    Was on /b/ before...

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • IM A BOY! 16 YEAR OLD BOY!

LOL, this guy is especially easy to deal with. AHEM.

You:
    1) claimed that Jorah was hating on Gary (which she was not);
    2) said that Gary started off with an EEVEE when he actually started with a SQUIRTLE (I especially laughed at that, get your facts straight DUDE.);
    3) typed with bad punctuation, grammar, and lack of spaces, capitals, etc etc (tl;dr - FAIL-English); and
    4) rebutted me by saying that I massively fail at life just because I got your gender wrong?

Wow, that "massively fail at life" statement should be pointed at YOU, not me, DUDE.

*cough* Okay, done. So what did I miss...

Oh yeah, don't you have an advantage over me in learning Japanese.
    I thought Kanji was based of Traditional Chinese?

This was a failure in communication.

This thread is like the only thread I really post in.
    *sigh*

Oh and Happy Easter!

Oh. Right.
    Well, yeah. Maybe. I still don't understand much of the words/sentences because of my LOLFAIL Chinese though. *sigh*

I don't mind, actually. At least he had more fail things than I did. And I remember DarkDreams got that long-named Pokeshipper's gender wrong too, didn't she? owo *waiting to get shot by SOMEONE*

Me too. Other than that Shinji thread, and the Japanese Entertainment section, I just don't really post.

Happy belated Easter to you too! *gives you Easter Egg for no reason*

That was the Todoroki Incident.

But A.J. is one of those CoTDs you want to see again...just to see how he's doing. He was one of the first to pwn Ash with his training styles and winning.

OH, that's right. Now I remember that name we were all referred to that day. 83

Not as a main character though.
    But as a COtD, yeah, fine.

I didn't say I hated Gary

Azumi is not going to be happy with you...o.O

SEE? I told you she wasn't hating on Gary. A thing to add into HIS fail-list.

To be honest it was pretty fun rebutting his fail rebuttal. :3

[Bolding and italicizing and underlining all the HIS and HIM and DUDE for the lulz. Seriously, I have never seen so much fail in my life.]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back