• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
Years
  • Amethyst - same here, to be honest, I haven't been around on here in a while, for some reason I just found my interest to of been died out really quickly here.

So yeah, just take me out of the member list, I'll probably just return to "forum-lurking once in a blue moon" status like I always seem to do with 90% of fourms that I've been to.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Well those are sad news, but if you two wish for this to happen, I'm sure that tkallab will make all the changes.
    But for all of us that want disscussions to continue, new topic:
    Which movie dragon is the best in your opinion?
    Some of the movies that have dragons in it:
    Reign of Fire
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire
    Dungeons and dragons
    Dragon Heart
    Eragon
    If you know about more movies that has dragons in it, feel free to add...

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Okay, how about I make you two inactive members? Would that be okay too?

To answer my own topic, I think it's okay when Dragon Pokémon evolve at a high level, as long as they evolve somewhere earlier too. Dratini is okay because it evolves into something usable, Dragonair, at level 30. Then, after being something really cool for 25 levels, it evolves into something even cooler at level 55.
    I wish Trapinch would evolve into Vibrava earlier, because it isn't that strong. It feels weird when you have to train a Pokémon to level 35 only to have it turn into something else with a lower attack. Level 25 would be a lot more logical. Then, 20 levels later, it evolves into a Dragon, which is fine by me because it's a big change from dragonfly to dragon. Instead, Game Freak decided only 10 levels are needed to make it evolve. Seems like a little too quickly.
    Bagon too, I think it takes too long for him to evolve into Shelgon. He isn't even all that cool, just a big ball with eyes. He should evolve at level 20 or something, also because it's a big metamorphosis from ball to dragon.
    No problems with Gible's family at all. So prefect.
    No Generation V for now, I'm all out of writing potential.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Oh right, I'll make a members list in the first post I made in the thread.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6146464&postcount=5

Also, I have a new topic!
    Do you think Dragons evolve at a too high level?

It's hard to make topics when everything has been done...
    Added the Member's list in the first post. ;)
    Well those are sad news, but if you two wish for this to happen, I'm sure that tkallab will make all the changes.
    Reign of Fire
    Dungeons and dragons
    Dragon Heart
    Eragon
    I. . . haven't seen any of those movies. XD

Do you think Dragons evolve at a too high level?

Nah, I think they're fine. It doesn't take long to grind against wild Pokemon, and Dragons are supposed to be 'all powerful' and what not. I don't think it would make sense to have a level 40 Dragonite by the time you hit the Rocket Hideout *coughLancecough*.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • Do you think Dragons evolve at a too high level?

No, it's perfect that way. Since dragons are more for the pros, they should take more time to evolve and that way make the games more challenging. Although I have to say it's quite annoying to train Trapinch so it evolves into Vibrava.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Well those are sad news, but if you two wish for this to happen, I'm sure that tkallab will make all the changes.
    Reign of Fire
    Dungeons and dragons
    Dragon Heart
    Eragon

Hmm, i like harry potter dragons, Eragon and...there was something else i really liked but i can't remember.

Okay, how about I make you two inactive members? Would that be okay too?

To answer my own topic, I think it's okay when Dragon Pokémon evolve at a high level, as long as they evolve somewhere earlier too. Dratini is okay because it evolves into something usable, Dragonair, at level 30. Then, after being something really cool for 25 levels, it evolves into something even cooler at level 55.
    I wish Trapinch would evolve into Vibrava earlier, because it isn't that strong. It feels weird when you have to train a Pokémon to level 35 only to have it turn into something else with a lower attack. Level 25 would be a lot more logical. Then, 20 levels later, it evolves into a Dragon, which is fine by me because it's a big change from dragonfly to dragon. Instead, Game Freak decided only 10 levels are needed to make it evolve. Seems like a little too quickly.
    Bagon too, I think it takes too long for him to evolve into Shelgon. He isn't even all that cool, just a big ball with eyes. He should evolve at level 20 or something, also because it's a big metamorphosis from ball to dragon.
    No problems with Gible's family at all. So prefect.
    No Generation V for now, I'm all out of writing potential.

You're right, the Trapinch evo line is kinda high leveled, why do Gamefreak never learn their lesson? everyone's been complaining about the fire/fighting starter commonity and what do these fags do? they make ANOTHER ONE! (don't get me wrong he's awsome, but they could've made him fire/dark or something) i mean there's so many combos for it that they can make and what do they do, same old same old, they do this for many other things too.

Years
  • ^ That rant there is unnecessary.

Even though Trapinch and Vibrava take a lot of time to evolve, the final evolution in the form of Flygon is one of the best Pokemon ever. It is completely worth the effort. Stop complaining without even giving a good reason.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • @Draggy's topic- That Harry Potter one was epic! Harry kicked the Dragon's ass for once!

@tkallabs topic- I agree with the fact that Bagon evolves too late; but isn't it the same for the Flygon line? And yeah I agree with the Garchomp line; utter perfection.

tkallab

Years
  • Xilfer, I think your little text would have been more fitting in the Starter Fan Club. I d agree with you, though.

Anyway, to continue on my topic of evolution, I kinda like the way Seadra evolves into Kingdra. You basically give something that isn't a Dragon a Dragon item and it'll become a Dragon. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • ^ That rant there is unnecessary.

Even though Trapinch and Vibrava take a lot of time to evolve, the final evolution in the form of Flygon is one of the best Pokemon ever. It is completely worth the effort. Stop complaining without even giving a good reason.

I know. but it's true.

Xilfer, I think your little text would have been more fitting in the Starter Fan Club. I d agree with you, though.

Anyway, to continue on my topic of evolution, I kinda like the way Seadra evolves into Kingdra. You basically give something that isn't a Dragon a Dragon item and it'll become a Dragon. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

yeah, i just hate how these dumbos never learn!
    And yeah, Seadra does evolve pretty nicely, i've never understood the Dragonite evo line though...but i think we already discussed that.
    What about Bagon though.... it evolves into Shellgon, a kind of cocoon thing, somebody tell me what that's based on, i never really understood it.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I don't how to answer to the topic, but c'mon, what's with the inactivity guys?

I don't know if anybody wants me to start doing the member list again...good work btw keeping it going...I updated it anyway.

I guess you need a topic, or two:

Which is your favourite un-evolved non-legendary Dragon, and why?

Do you like Satoshi's Gible in the pokémon anime, and would you have it evolve or not?

I'll reply to them later...

tkallab

Years
  • On command of Amore, I will not let this club die!

Ummm, topic, topic... Think, Tkallab! Think!

Do you think reptilianism is a condition for a Pokémon (or anything) to be a dragon?
    I mean, most Dragon Pokémon are reptilian, like Salamence, Rayquaza, Charizard... But take Gyarados, he's a fish, or at least not a reptile.

I don't know if this topic is gonna work, but I'll just see. Also, I didn't make up the word reptilianism. It's some kind of artistic idea from the Renaissance.

Haha, Amore, you were here before me!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    lol, we have now got 3 topics people! You have no excuse for inactivity! And active members of the Dragon's Den get discounts in my new trade thread! (It'll look crap once posted, but improve as I advance throughout my game).

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • Which is your favourite un-evolved non-legendary Dragon, and why?

I'll go for Dratini. It looks like a snake (and I love snakes) and can be own other trainers in the blink of an eye once it learns a Dragon-type move (in case you are using it as a starter).

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Haha, technically Vibrava's excluded. Let's change it:

Which is your favourite evolvable Dragon, and why?

Well, it's got to be Dragonair...it's so...majestic. And powerful. Dratini often seems underpowered (Even when using it as a starter, it died a lot until hitting lv.25), whereas Dragonair's more powerful. Even if Slam always misses on LeafGreen.

Years
  • Which is your favourite evolvable Dragon, and why?
    For me, it would be Vibrava mainly because it has an appealing design (to me) and after training Trapinch so much, it is a well rewarded Pokemon. :D

tkallab

Years
  • I don't really see Vibrava as a dragon, but oh well.

My favorite unevolved dragon is Gible. It's so adorable! That wide open mouth and the backfin... Hahaha!

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Well, well, i've been more inactive then i predicted i'd be, sorry...

As for my favorite unevolved dragon... i think you can tell by my sig and such, of course i agree with tkallab, he's not much of a dragon, yet i beleive he was made dragon along with Flygon because they were partially based on Dragonflies DRAGONflies, and also partially on Antlions, very creative if you ask me. So Vibrava it is.

Which is your favourite evolvable Dragon, and why?
    For me, it would be Vibrava mainly because it has an appealing design (to me) and after training Trapinch so much, it is a well rewarded Pokemon. :D

Wow, i never acctually thought someone would agree with me on that, i think it has an appealing design too, i even completed a solo run with Vibrava.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back