• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Read the First Post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years

I get really unlucky sometimes so there was no choice but to use one of them. They're useful... when it wants to be, lol. (also, didn't buy many Ultra Balls, saving some money for potions. xD;)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years

I don't care for any of the balls. They don't affect the mon I catch them with in battle, so that's why I don't fuss over what balls they go into. The only time I care is in gen6, where I can see the balls during healing >_>.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Well certain balls can make a poke more rare and luxury balls make moves that use friendship more powerful like return.

Also another question what do you think happens when a pokemon is sucked into a pokeball? Does it just sleep? Float around in space? Theory's?

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years

There's a theory I like, that they have their own place based on their type/maybe preference. Not too big, not too small, doing whatever they want to - sleep or meditate, or doing something depending on their type - they can hear their trainer's voice if they want to listen, they usually can hear what's going on outside or even see it, transparent, that's why they know when they'll be out either to eat food, to battle or even to be set free. I don't know when I got this theory... it was a long time, maybe a fiction that I randomly read. lol.

I see in the manga that they're just in a ball though. How do they not get bored?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

If I had to come up with a theory, I'd say their matter is being digitized when they go into the Pokeball, and then reconstructed when they're sent back out. That doesn't really explain why the Pokeball isn't as heavy as the Pokemon in it though. The only way to explain that would be a pocket dimension or something to that effect :P

blue

gucci
    Years

I like to think its a little something like this ..

Spoiler:

Sirfetch’d

A Luxury Ball would be a freaking mansion with a personal waiter or something xD

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

I can only imagine how much it would stink to get forced out of there, just to battle haha (or cut down a tree or fly around with a kid riding on your back, in some cases ;P)

Sirfetch’d

Yeah it would be a case where I would never want to battle if I were in one :D

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

If a pokéball looked like that I wouldn't wanna come out ever.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

<--has given up on getting ghosted so she has no problem posting the dreaded 49. Have fun, guys ;P

BOO

Never mind that! A wild Froslass named Sopheria appears!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Accidental ghostings are the best. I was really tempted to boo the thread since nobody was stalking it for a long time but I decided not to.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years

I guess I'll pop in for a while! Oh no Sophy died! ;_;

Speaking of pokemon, and ghosts... I actually saw what a shiny Honedge looked like for the first time the other day. Sooo cool!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

But her spirit still haunts the thread...

Shiny Honedge does indeed look amazing! I love the alternate color scheme. What about you guys, do you have a favorite shiny?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Updated first page! ♥ I'll give you your emblem tomorrow the emblem page takes a million years to load and I'm about to head to sleep pft.

Also my favorite shiny is Shiny Furret. Pink Furret is the best ok bye.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back