• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vacations!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I figured I'd post some polls here. =o

~*Questions*~
1) Are you taking any vacations this summer (and/or have you taken any)? If yes, where to?
2) If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3) When do you prefer to go on trips?

=o w00t~ Anyway... my answers:

1) My parents have a lot of places for me to go. ._. The first was my own choice - I went to Halifax, NS from June 25th to July 3rd. At the end of the month, I'm taking a road trip down to New Jersey for a weekend, and then in August I'm going to Saskatchewan for about 10 days. And my parents just added another trip to the bill. ;_; We might be going to... gah. I don't know which state exactly. I just know it's nowhere near Kansas. <_<;; And I don't want to go on any of these trips, either. o_O

2) I'd really like to go to Japan, and I do plan on visiting one day, but I'd rather see some of my internet friends above all that. And I want to go to Europe someday, too. @_@

3) I used to like going on trips during the school year, but I don't anymore because I get behind. I just... don't like going on trips. o_O; So I'd prefer only to take the one's I go on by myself (since those are the ones I want to go on, lol). Otherwise, I suppose the first week or so of summer is the best. Anything else and it annoys me. x_x

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
Years
1) Are you taking any vacations this summer (and/or have you taken any)? If yes, where to? UHHH Well I took a trip to Arkansas to see family, and this weekend I'm going canoeing SOMEHwere... but I dont know. There are lots of places I want to go but never will get to go to in the next 240698764097205 years. Maybe next year I'm going to Cancun but I dont know.
2) If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be? Basically Lightning's answer...
3) When do you prefer to go on trips? Uhh whenever I feel like there's nothing I should accomplish at home or school... eh... but vacations are very rare throughout my family, which sucks a lot.

These poll survey type stuffs are so cool... but of course, I find the oddest of things overly amusing...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
1) Going to Wasaga Beach and Collingwood/Blue Mountain from umm... I don't know. LOL I leave next Friday and I think I'm there for a week a so. Then in the end of August of going to Niagara Falls for the long weekend. Or at least, I think there's a long weekend. O_o Wow, I don't even know where I'm going. I'm pathetic.
2) Walt Disney World, Japan, Italy, else where in Europe...Monaco (I hope I'm not confusing that with Morocco) would be nice too. Vancouver, BC because I want to see it at least once. And Nova Scotia or PEI or some other maritime province because I want to see them at least once too, plus there's lobster!
3) I usually only go on trips when there's time. ALA summer. Rarely during the school year. In fact, I have only once. We had EQAO testing (which are big standardized testing) so I didn't miss much because they don't give homework during that time and the tests are easy so I just made up for what I missed when I came back.

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
Years
1) Are you taking any vacations this summer (and/or have you taken any)? If yes, where to? No >_<
2) If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be? Alaska or israel
3) When do you prefer to go on trips? School.....XD

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2006
1) Are you taking any vacations this summer (and/or have you taken any)? If yes, where to? Yes, Trinidad to see my granma august/11 - August/282) If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be? Japan!3) When do you prefer to go on trips? School- I sleep through the trip unless it`s to the park or a Factory..
Saturday- The day I just lope around.. I need something to do!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
1.) I spent two days in West Virginia this June, if you can call that a vacation o_O

2.) Japan, definitely. It's my dream to go there.

3.) I always go in the summer but I'd love to see places in the fall when the foliage is nice...wish I could someday =/

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
Years
1) Yes, I'm going to Disney World in Florida on August 18... and I get back two days before I start school again...
2) I don't really know... Japan, Australia, Italy, anywhere with a great amusement park... I don't really care where I go as long as there's something there that will interest me.
3) I hate going during school because I'll fall behind in class and have tons of homework to do... and as a lot of you know... I don't do my homework as it is! I usually go on vacation during the summer (usually August once my sister finishes her camps). February break would be a good time to get away from the cold and go somewhere warm! And spring break is a good time too... but I only go away during the summer usually...

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2006
I`ve been to Disney world!
It`s Really nice!
I stayed there 2 days straight Without Sleeping!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Those of you mentioning Disney World. It's lot of work to get the most out of it. My relatives have gone for just two days and come back with negative comments. They say it's nothing special. Well, duh! You can't do anything in just two days. It's called "world" for reason. The place is massive. When I went, I was there for two weeks. My mom took out lots of guides from the library the month before we left. We had everything we were going to do down to the minute. Along with room if we wanted to do things again. We didn't miss any shows, parades, fire works, anything. We even called to see what day some special parade was going to happen. So, we got a lot out of it, but it took a long time to plan it first. Even with everything down to a science and two weeks to tackle it, we still didn't do EVERYTHING.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
Years
I know it takes a long time to do everything in Disney World! Geez, I've been there before, lol! Twice actually! I went once when I was 3 and then again when I was 10. But when I was 10 I had to do what my 4 year old sister wanted to do. Now my sister is 10 so we can do a lot more and she won't whine! We're going for 10 days... and I know we won't be able to do everything there! We haven't planned out what we're going to do like that. I think we're just going to wing it! Which is fine with me because plans don't usually work out the way they were indended anyway... but that trip is still just under a month away so I shouldn't really be worrying about it now!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Lucky... o_O When I went, we were there for like... 5 days. Or maybe it was 6. x_x; We only had time to go to two or three of the places. I was really disappointed afterwards because we barely got to do anything XD

I won't complain, though. =\ My dad went there on business and we got to tag along, so it was like a free trip, rofl.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
Years
1. In spring I went to Arizona for ten days ^^;; It was really fun, I got to see hte grand canyon and later on in the year im going toNYC. ^_____^

2. Japan, Japan, and Japan X3

3. Early Summer, Spring Break, Early School Year.

Spirit

Banned
Years
1) Are you taking any vacations this summer (and/or have you taken any)? If yes, where to?
Im going to be leaving for Gisborne,New Zeland on July 31,2004.Right now me and some friends are currently in Chicago for awhile.,
Well I would like to go to Alaska next-summer for my Graduation Trip.
I prefer to go to places that are anywheres away from peoples.I like stuff... Erm. *Stops* What stuff? ANIMALS.. *laughs*

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
Yep, I'm gonna be gone for a week at the end of August to go to our little swamp land in Wisconsin.

I would simply love to be able to tour the entire US. There are so many places that I hvaen't been that I want to see - plus I have people I want to meet (And pick-up/kidnap) on the way around. :P

End of the summer, just because it's a nice relax before it's back to school.

Years

Well I went to Cedar Point ( and for all you people who don't know, it's a huge amusment park ) and Great Wold Lodge ( an indoor water park and hotel ) ... if you call that a vacation.

London, England becuase I love British accents and I really want to see those guard people, lol.

Animal type places ... the big citites are ok for a while, but I love it in the country and mountains and stuff.

rabbitsdying2

I come in peace
Years
1. I just came back from California. We went to Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia National Parks. I saw live baby deers in their natural habitat -they still had their white spots. Awwwww...
2. There are many places in the world that I'm sure I will visit, but at this moment if I had to choose one, I would like to see the Mayan ruins in Peru.
3. Anytime that the weather is bearable (not freezing or too hot).

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
Years

Yes, surprisingly. I am going to Sudbury, and I am going to Science North. While there, we'll probably do other things like go swimming, or go out for dinner. We only have about a day to do so though.

To be honest, I would just stay and relax in my home, and go out and play with my friends. I know that it isn't technically a vacation, but it is for me, since I don't get to relax in the house much, because for most of the year I am in School.

Well, usually during School, because it makes the school year shorter, and doesn't waste up your Summer Vacation. =X

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
Years
Zo far thiz zummer I havn't gone anywhere but my parentz went to Canada, New York, and zome other placez that I can't really remember ^^;; I ztayed home for thoze but in a couple weekz on the zeventh I'm going to Florida for a few dayz ^_^

More like where wouldn't I go! O_O I love traveling alot zo I'd be really happy to go juzt about anywhere(Note the JUZT ABOUT). But right now Australia iz ztill the #1 contry on my lizt ^_^ But venice lookz down right awzome (even though the water'z polluted)...but then again zo doez France...and Japan..O_O and juzt about anywhere elze ^^;;

zummer of courze ^_^ Not hot zun makez zwimming in new placez even better.
...that and I hate the cold X3

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
TRIFORCE89 said:
Those of you mentioning Disney World. It's lot of work to get the most out of it. My relatives have gone for just two days and come back with negative comments. They say it's nothing special. Well, duh! You can't do anything in just two days. It's called "world" for reason. The place is massive. When I went, I was there for two weeks. My mom took out lots of guides from the library the month before we left. We had everything we were going to do down to the minute. Along with room if we wanted to do things again. We didn't miss any shows, parades, fire works, anything. We even called to see what day some special parade was going to happen. So, we got a lot out of it, but it took a long time to plan it first. Even with everything down to a science and two weeks to tackle it, we still didn't do EVERYTHING.
I know. @_@; My mom bought this?guidebook right? There was so much stuff to do; we always just kinda?abandoned the plans. We barely saw all the worlds at Epcot though; I was younger and got sleepy pretty easily. >.> I remember the first time I went there when I was 10, I was shocked you had to take busses, I hardly remember the trip now though. o_O
My aunt and her family however did that whole jam-pack your day, I swear I bet they never slept. They went to Universal too, amazing.

Back