View Full Version : iTunes

July 25th, 2009, 5:16 PM
What do you think about iTunes? Do you think it's easy to use?

In my opinion iTunes has a very difficult to use interface. And the music store really sucks, they don't even have AC/DC :shocked:

July 25th, 2009, 5:30 PM
It's easy to use.
Once you get used to it.
Like I have.

Gerri Shin
July 25th, 2009, 5:50 PM
It's by far the easiest interface and music player I've ever worked with, as well as it's the best free music player for my computer.

July 25th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I never really saw what the fuss was about. MPC/Zoom with CCCP works for me about 99% of the time, and VLC works the other 1%. Plus, both have Matroska support, unlike (as far as I know) iTunes.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 25th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I could never get my computer to stop lagging long enough to change songs, so I wouldn't know.

Adding music was a pain, so.. I'm gonna have to say no, it isn't easy to use. Though, to be fair, I never really gave it much of a shot.

July 26th, 2009, 12:09 AM
I find WinAmp to be better, because it's a lightweight player. Though the iTunes store is one of the largest song collections I've seen online. It's much bigger than Wal-Mart's, which is quite large on its own.

July 26th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I do think it's easy to use, yes.

Also, try searching without the slash, or something, because I found AC/DC no problem, so your argument is null.


Huh...okay, there is at least one track there. But you don't have to buy your music from iTunes Store. You can buy digital tracks from Amazon, and other places like that, or even import CDs to iTunes =0 =0 =0

What other media players have stores, anyway? :T

July 26th, 2009, 2:53 AM
What other media players have stores, anyway? :T
Technically, Windows Media Player 11 does, but it was terribly implemented.

July 26th, 2009, 2:54 AM
Itunes is awesome & I don't see anything wrong with it.

Captain Fabio
July 26th, 2009, 3:35 AM
In my opinion iTunes has a very difficult to use interface.
How can you find it difficult?

iTunes is very easy and simple to use in my opinion.

July 26th, 2009, 4:00 AM
Well, those people that use it easily probably have an iPod, iPod Touch, or iPhone, which will require this software.

Those that don't have these products probably don't need iTunes.

So, I find it easy.

July 26th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I like the Zune 3.0 software. It seems easier for me to navigate, and I use it less often.

Plus, it auto-imports most/all of your music, and works with more filetypes then iTunes

July 26th, 2009, 2:07 PM
I think its pretty easy. I never go to the iTunes store though because I usually rip music off of Limewire and throw it on iTunes.

July 26th, 2009, 4:45 PM
Pretty easy, yes. And I love it. Always have it open on my desktop.

July 26th, 2009, 4:59 PM
Well, those people that use it easily probably have an iPod, iPod Touch, or iPhone, which will require this software.You don't need iTunes to synch with any of those, I use Winamp to manage my iPod.

If I downloaded my music legally then I would probably solely use iTunes, It's a very easy to use program.
For now however iTunes will remain a second option; It's nowhere near as lightweight or customizable as others.

Ayano Katagiri
July 26th, 2009, 9:41 PM
I started using iTunes this year and I found it pretty easy to use. Haven't really come across any problems with it except that it needs with Quicktime to run (I'm too lazy to find the way to get rid of it so it doesn't) and it hangs when you put album art on which has a >10MB file size.

July 26th, 2009, 9:47 PM
What other media players have stores, anyway? :T
The Zune 3.0+ program has one. Quite a large collection too.

iTunes is alright. It loads pretty fast for someone with 3GB of RAM on Vista, so it's fine for me. As soon I as opened it up for the first time, it got EVERY .mp3 file on my computer into my iTunes library. Now THAT was pretty cool.

So yeah, I like iTunes. :D

July 27th, 2009, 4:03 AM
iTunes is crap on Windows. :( It lags SO horribly for me on all my computers. The only reason I have it installed is because if I try to update my iPod with any other media player, it stops working. I used to like iTunes for its smart playlists but it just wasn't worth it.

:( It seems to get bulkier and more bloated/hard to use with each iteration. I remember iTunes... 6? Or 5? One of them worked really well on my computer. I've just found it unusable ever since.

As for the iTunes store... if I'm buying music, I want a hard copy of the media, so I don't use it.

July 27th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I use iTunes once a month to update my iPod. It only works on my Dad's computer, so that's why I really don't bother using it to search or buy songs. It's easy to use, just not essential.. ;D

July 27th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I think Itunes is amazing. It's pretty easy for me to use, although it does get a bit laggy sometimes like most programs do. But it's my favorite music program.