• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you in love?

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
  • Let's face it, if you aren't in a relationship, there have been a few over the years that have caught your eye. And if it's not happened to you yet, don't worry - your time will come ;)

Of course, I am talking about love. It's a funny old thing isn't it? How are you feeling about it? Are you happy with the boy/girl of your dreams? Are you happy with a single life and believe it's overrated? Or do you simply have a crush on someone you know?

Personally, I'm the third example. I don't think I've felt this way before over someone but it can drive me crazy sometimes.

So, discuss :D I understand if you want to keep it secret - no one will bash you for it ;) Sometimes we just need to let it all out is all.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • In love? Indeed, I am. My third-year anniversary is coming up on August 22nd this year. I'll have known my fiance for four years in January with relatively little problems at all. We've lived together, seen through evictions, financial issues, the economic crises together... And we're still together. We share the same interest in video games, sports, and general activities. We share the same opinions on many, many things, too. It's amazing.

Of course, neither his or my parents like the age difference, but I'm sure later when they get to know him better and his parents know me better, they'll eventually settle down and realize that there's never been a more perfect pair. After all, we look good together, we behave well together, and we both share the same morals and values (no bars, strip clubs, checking out others of the opposite sex, going out alone with friends of the opposite sex, etc.)

I'm very happy with my relationship ^^ and I wish everyone would find their perfect relationship, too, whoever it may be with.

Years
  • No.
    I have never been in love either.
    I don't believe people can fall in love, until they have experienced other relationships to see if it is actual love, or just lust.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    No, I'm not in love (answering thread title). I think that love is a mirage, it's blind. When you fall in love, you lose all five senses. It gives you a nice feeling but I doubt it'll last too long. But that's just me.
    Whenever I "fall in love", it doesn't go as planned. But that's just my experience. People who've actually succeeded in attaining "true love" might have better things to tell. But this is my experience.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • Yes I am in love with capitalism. <3

but on a more series note there are 3 girls that like me. so I am just praying to god asking him who is the right one he has chosen for me.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • Haha, I've been in love with the same guy for 10 years now...started as my first little crush, but I still can't get over him. ;)

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I've been attracted to other guys, but I can't necessarily say that I have ever been deeply in "love" with someone. Even looking back at the times where I felt like I was in love, it was merely only a crush or a strong attraction for someone. I guess you can say I'm somewhat afraid of falling in love with someone because it makes you so weak and vulnerable. Once you hit that high feeling, there's no other way left to go but back down.

Though I actually admit that I'm in what you would call a "special relationship" with a guy. Not that I would call him a boyfriend, but we keep each other going. He helps me out in my studies when I need help or when I just feel down and I need that extra motivation, and I help him out too when he feels stressed out, and I think a relationship like that is nice because you won't have to be distracted with unnecessary feelings (especially when you're a college student and you have to worry about keeping your grades up).

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • i'm not in love now. haven't been for a while, last time i was in love was my first time, he was the most perfect guy in the world.. stuff happened and yeah..

I HEART MEGA HITT

ruuuki ♥
    Years
  • Yes, I'm in love with the person I'm paired with. <3 I do have a crush on someone but it's a more complicated sort of crush because he's a rockstar and all. It's just different to me because if I was to see him here in the US, I'd stand their drooling like patrick star... 8D~ (lol, which is why I'm going to study japanese and start rehearsing what I want to say to him.)

Anyway... I'm not really sure about any opinion as far as love goes. XD I just like the feeling of being loved because it makes me feel happy and very special. <3

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I'm not in love. Never have been in my entire life. As for crushes. I've got a big one, and he knows who he is. ><;

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I have yet to ask out either of the two friends I have crushes on, I don't want to ruin my friendships, Plus I think one is only interested in women ;_;

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Okay, some deep stuff here :P Maybe I can make things more 'casual'. Not 'true' love, maybe just a crush or something :P

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I'm not in love. I'm only 14 and these dumb teenage relationships don't last long. I'm happy to be single. I'm pretty sure that there are some people who like me, but don't have the guts to say so. I'll admit that I've been attracted/charmed to a few people, but I eventually got over them. I can honestly say that most "young relationships" never last. I have to keep focused on school. I can't have someone that constantly nags for attention.
    I want a GF who can keep up with the real world, is smart, cute, and won't have to depend on me for every little thing. But there aren't that many people like that.

But I do love my friends :-D

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I can honestly say that most "young relationships" never last.

Actually, around 78% of high-school relationships don't make it to college. I'm not sure how many make it past college, but you only have a 22% chance that it'll even get that far.

And if you fall pregnant, there's an 85% chance the guy's ditching you.

So statistically, you're correct.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years

• Actually, around 78% of high-school relationships don't make it to college. I'm not sure how many make it past college, but you only have a 22% chance that it'll even get that far.

And if you fall pregnant, there's an 85% chance the guy's ditching you.

So statistically, you're correct.

Exactly! I swear, relationships aren't all about sex -.-
    Our generation of people can be completely naive sometimes, it makes me a bit sad..
    I agree with you completely.

Years
  • Im not in love.
    Im happily single. Its nice being on my own after getting out of the long term relationship I was previously in. I have no desire to go and rush into anything with someone new at the present time.

I will say one thing though, love isnt something that comes easily. It has to be worked at, something that may, at times, be a struggle to maintain. Its one of the most complex emotions.
    Much unlike hate, at the opposite end of the scale, which is just pure raw emotion.
    Anyone can hate. Not everyone knows how to love.

Years
  • I'm single but have been in love with the same girl who was my best friend from school for about 5 years now. I havn't seen her much since we left school, but everytime I do see her, I fall in love with her all over again. I think of her everyday and always think what could of happen if I just asked her out when I had the chance.

Back