• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

is anybody here NOT afraid of Bees?

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
Years
  • like, at school (I Don't go anymore, but when I did), when a bee gets into the classroom, and flies by a kid, they all run, and scream "BEE". and i'm not talking about KIDS, i'm talking about middle school/high school kids. Am I the only one who just sat there, repeating over and over like a father to a CHILD, that "If you just leave it alone, don't freak out, it won't bother you. It's more scared of you, than you are it"? and i understand that some people are alergic, they are the only exceptions. ....just curious. :)

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
    Years
  • i am the same.. exept.. i have even more stories of high school/middle school freak outs

1. BEES
    every **** week there is oh (shriek) blah blah blah... it anoys me

2. LIZARDS
    I wasn't even in their class that period!!!!! and they were running around the room (this is middle school now) and i had to step in and had it in my hands and out the door in 30 seconds

3. SPIDERS
    i mean small spiders and they would just kill them.. no reason... now i had fun one day at school and brought in a female Black Widow.. (female they are the poisonous biting ones with the red hourglass - Males are nice and aren't poisonous) and had it crawl on my arms and stuff.. lol.. had the whole cafetiria shrieking.. didn't even get in trouble.. and it didn't get killed xD

4. SNAKES
    I got expelled for saving a pygmy rattlesnake's life! I mean really! i get expelled! and other kids are putting their faces in striking distance while it is backing up ready to bite!

Years
  • Bees are not funny

There is not many people in this world that feel the same as you about not being afraid of bees. Have you ever been attack by bees before..? I was attack by many bees when i was a little girl, it really hurt. So the next time you think that it is funny that a bee flying around in the room..you better hope it will not land on you.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Though not entirely the same, a wasp was flying around my sister's room. Let's just say I caught it in one of those old small film containers.

Yeah, I'm not scared.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm not afraid of bees. If you leave them alone and give them space without provoking them your fine.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    If I see one, I won't be scared. BUT the minute it gets near me, I run xP I hate insects, overall.

Years
  • If you don't provoke or frighten the bees, they won't sting you. That's what I did wrong all but the last time I was stung by one... and that last time, I got stung because I wasn't aware it was on the back of my neck and I tilted my head back because I thought it was an itch (I was being resourceful on how to scratch it!), which startled the bee, so it stung me as I was unknowingly crushing it. XD; I've been stung five times, most of them in the vicinity of my face. XD;

I'm not afraid of them unless they're acting malicious, so I usually just ignore them if it's not malicious, but keep a wary eye when there's food around.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Not so much scared as weary. If a bee flies into my room, I'll just walk out and wait for it to leave via the window. If only that could be said for the rest of my family. Whenever any flying insect comes near her, she'll emit an almighty shriek and start screaming 'wasp! Wasp!' even when it's just a fly. If it wasn't so mind numbing, I'd probably find it funny.

This thread reminds me of a massive freakout my entire class had when we were eight years old. My friend Fionn brought into two earworms for show and tell and they escaped from their box. It took a game of Chinese whispers for everyone to realise that if an earworm gets inside your ear, you're deaf for life, so people were screeching their heads off and standing on tables or chairs. Can't stop laughing whenever I reminisce about it.

Years
  • Queen bee

I never been that lucky before, for some reason i cause a big problem with the queen bee and all them bees come flying after me. I do my best to stay away from them as much as i can.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I never been that lucky before, for some reason i cause a big problem with the queen bee and all them bees come flying after me. I do my best to stay away from them as much as i can.
    How would you cause a problem with a Queen Bee? She doesn't even do anything, let alone give orders to the others.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I used to be afraid ever since a yellowjacket got me in the most uncomfortable place four times as a child (my dad should've noticed it when he placed me in my carseat >.>), but now I'm not too afraid of them, the exception being wasps of any sort ('cause actually, the only time I ever got stung/bitten by them, it was done by wasps).

It's sad how people consider these bees pests like mosquitos. They're the ones giving us the honey we use in our tea or with our biscuits and crackers, and yet people want to kill them. I'm honestly glad whenever I see a honey bee or two now.

As long as one doesn't bother it, it won't bother you.

OK, true story time. You may call me crazy, but both my mom and I witnessed this: At a message therapist's office, there was a HUGE bee in the bathroom. So what my therapist did was TALK to the bee while getting it to go outside. She was talking to it nicely, as if it were a person, and it actually did go outside without causing any trouble.

So I guess treat bees as if they were human and you won't have any problems?

Years
  • I never been that lucky before, for some reason i cause a big problem with the queen bee and all them bees come flying after me. I do my best to stay away from them as much as i can.

I doubt your actually causing an issue with the queen of the hive. It's more likely that you're just getting in too close to the hive and doing something to upset the hive as a whole. All the queen does is lay more eggs inside the hive, and a queen will rarely leave the hive, unless there's already a queen in that hive.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I am.

Especially now since there are a bunch of cicada killers in my area. Huge wasps. O_O

is anybody here NOT afraid of Bees?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Cicada killers aren't bad at all. They're among some of the nicest bees (in my opinion, the ones that fall in that category other than cicada killers include bumblebees and carpenter bees).

Just don't confuse them for hornets. Hornets are definitely worse.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Cicada killers aren't bad at all. They're among some of the nicest bees (in my opinion, the ones that fall in that category other than cicada killers include bumblebees and carpenter bees).

They're a type of wasp though and they have been known to have a bad temper if you don't treat them with respect.

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • i really like bees. i'm very interested in beekeeping, but i don't think i can do it. and i love you ALL for having the same outlook as me, with the whole "If you dont bother it, it wont bother you." I'm CONSTANTLY yelling at kids in my family, for going out of their way, just to kill a bee. a bee that isnt bothering anybody, for instance, a bee sitting on a flower, away from everybody. the kids in my family, my nephew especially, will walk all the way over to it, and step on it. it pisses me off more than anything.

Spiders are a different story, though. if they're in my house, i have to kill them. if they're outside, i don't... ever.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Cicada killers aren't bad at all. They're among some of the nicest bees (in my opinion, the ones that fall in that category other than cicada killers include bumblebees and carpenter bees).

Cicada killers are indeed bad. O_o I don't know what you've heard, but just like with most wasps, they have a bad temper.

I've had one chase me before for no reason! ;_;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Cicada killers are indeed bad. O_o I don't know what you've heard, but just like with most wasps, they have a bad temper.

I've had one chase me before for no reason! ;_;
    They don't chase anyone for no reason, you must have got close to its nest :x

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • They don't chase anyone for no reason, you must have got close to its nest :x

Which are usually hidden in the ground. A popular place for them is sandboxes.

So, if one chased me for being on a sidewalk near its nest, what would one do to a kid playing in a sandbox near one? Or how about kids in a backyard near one?

:/

Back